Recent Topics

Ads

[wl] Build/Playstyle in fort/city

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Everdin

[wl] Build/Playstyle in fort/city

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:08 am

Hi,

i'm playing my lion most of the time solo and i am very happy with how it works!

But: Due to low experience in large scale pvp i am going under in citys, even with guard and heal. Damage is crap, contribution always rank 20-24, no kills.

I would appreciate some good tips of builds and playstyle for big scale pvp from other lions!

I know that lion is no warband class, so I do not need any tips on what class I have to roll, thank you!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
Ototo

Re: [wl] Build/Playstyle in fort/city

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Thing is that no matter what you actually try; you are going to need to work a lot harder in cities to even enter in the contribution range. Try to assist your tank in close range, don't pounce (I can't stress this enough: DON'T POUNCE), man the cannons in defence, focus some damaged enemy to finish him/her off, and spam your only AoE. Just don't expect to get huge contributions in an scenario 100% unfit for your class. Acceptance is key here: Expecting your solo class to do well in large scale is delusional and you should avoid it.
Spoiler:

satanicomoderno

Post#3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Atm White Lion is the most useless class in city. No premade warband will invite you unless you are with your guildmates/friends. And this happen because White Lions doesn't fill the requisite for bomb warbands once this class has a mediocre aoe if compared with other classes or even compared to marauder.

The positive points for white lions in City is that as a single target specialized class, you can burn down the NPC champions on stage 2 and the player's champions on stage 3. Also, a WL champion with guard and heal can devastate the opponent in a organized wb.

AOE WL can help a bit, but it doesn't make half of the damage a slayer or bw do, or have the utility of a WH aoe has.

As a solo player, I don't have a team to support me, like many other wl players. And I have been in instances with 8 wls already. Personally I stopped asked for wb for cities, I just get into instance and wait for it end, once pugs always fight against premades which make the victory something almost impossible.

Tarantoga

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:36 pm

its a shame that wl and sw are so bad for wb's. hope they work something out to make them at least a little bit viable for wb play... there really isnt a reason to invite those chars to city groups :/

PaleHorseman

Post#5 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am

satanicomoderno wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:20 pm Atm White Lion is the most useless class in city. No premade warband will invite you unless you are with your guildmates/friends. And this happen because White Lions doesn't fill the requisite for bomb warbands once this class has a mediocre aoe if compared with other classes or even compared to marauder.

The positive points for white lions in City is that as a single target specialized class, you can burn down the NPC champions on stage 2 and the player's champions on stage 3. Also, a WL champion with guard and heal can devastate the opponent in a organized wb.

AOE WL can help a bit, but it doesn't make half of the damage a slayer or bw do, or have the utility of a WH aoe has.

As a solo player, I don't have a team to support me, like many other wl players. And I have been in instances with 8 wls already. Personally I stopped asked for wb for cities, I just get into instance and wait for it end, once pugs always fight against premades which make the victory something almost impossible.
Is it still possible to get Sovereign gear as a PUG White Lion or are you pretty much SOL?

satanicomoderno

Post#6 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:10 am

PaleHorseman wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am
satanicomoderno wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:20 pm Atm White Lion is the most useless class in city. No premade warband will invite you unless you are with your guildmates/friends. And this happen because White Lions doesn't fill the requisite for bomb warbands once this class has a mediocre aoe if compared with other classes or even compared to marauder.

Is it still possible to get Sovereign gear as a PUG White Lion or are you pretty much SOL?
Its a long way road. I'm just giving up of this tbh. My target now is reach 80 with my WL and focus in other characters like wp and kotbs.

Everdin

Post#7 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:03 am

Update from my side:
PaleHorseman wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:50 am Is it still possible to get Sovereign gear as a PUG White Lion or are you pretty much SOL?
1. Go in every city you that is open when you are online
2. Wait until the first warbands are in.
3a. If you are in with no chance for victory, try your best to kill some enemys and hope (in most random instances trying is more than the others do!
3b. If you are in a good match do not try to compete with the other dps in aoe, do not overextend, use loner and jump from target to target and finish them, protect the healers from we, look for side-targets, not the chopper in the blobb.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

TreefAM

Post#8 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:06 am

Zarbix runs some wbs with 3-4 wls and they are doing pretty ok along with the rest of the order meleetrain, wls in the back with sws, slayers in the front and the destro melee train is dead

Ads