Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DirkDigglerr

Shadow Warrior

Post#1 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 pm

Is there any reason to play this class over white lion?

Ads
Ototo

Re: Shadow Warrior

Post#2 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:35 pm

Still 99% relevant guide to answer that question: viewtopic.php?p=258959#p258959
Spoiler:

DirkDigglerr

Post#3 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:02 pm

While that guide was great, it really didn’t answer my question. Wl have better mobility, burst, and cc. Sw have spammable hd and can stack parry but... idk it seems that wl is a superior class.

Arthem

Post#4 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:02 am

I have both WL and SW fully BiS. WL Is a much better class, smoother to play better dmg and better survivability. They are better small scale and in warbands as well. I only play my SW if the debuffs are needed and there's already another WL in the party.

zulnam

Post#5 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:37 am

Decided to stick to SW over WL this event (because easy living is boring).

For now i'm scout specced and doing pretty well in SCs (when i can find another good rdps to assist via Enemy).

I do plan going ASW once i get Merc set, but my question is: is Shadowstep really not worth it?

Since Merc gives you 2 skirm points from bonus and with the 1 point from rr 50+, i can get the heal debuff from skirm and go all the way up asw.

I was thinking of dropping one of the tactics and taking Shadowstep. My reasoning is that mobility is very important imo, and as a melee class, i don't have many options to close the gap.

Also with a WL duo i am thinking we're pretty much unstopable. Pounce+Shadowstep=melt.

This is the spec: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 982&t=3948

(Again would get 2 skirm points from Merc which would help me get the heal debuff cheaper)
Last edited by zulnam on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 am

There are a handful of impactful sw that i know and all of them are asw. Everytime im running destro im just super glad if the enemie has lots of bow sw because they simply cant do **** once being pressured. And even when they are not engi and bw are like 10 times as deadly. Wl have a much more cancerous kit to deal with for casual players which 95% on this server are

StrongUn

Post#7 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:32 am

DirkDigglerr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 pm Is there any reason to play this class over white lion?
NO

How many solo white lions roaming you see? and how many SW? :P

That means something

StrongUn

Post#8 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:35 am

saupreusse wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 am There are a handful of impactful sw that i know and all of them are asw. Everytime im running destro im just super glad if the enemie has lots of bow sw because they simply cant do **** once being pressured. And even when they are not engi and bw are like 10 times as deadly. Wl have a much more cancerous kit to deal with for casual players which 95% on this server are

hahaha true, specially on scenarios.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#9 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:11 pm

DirkDigglerr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:31 pm Is there any reason to play this class over white lion?

Depends what you’re looking for. Shadow Warrior is the most fun class to play imo and it’s melee build let’s you play a little more versatile than other mdps. ASW does good damage but is more of a support dps/bebuff role so if you’re looking to consistently just one rotate melt people then wait for your 10s CD rotation to come back up rinse repeat then WL is a better fit. If you’re looking to solo roam the lakes then WL is a better fit. If you want to play in WB it’s a better fit to play WL cause they have an AoE spec (it’s bad compared to Slayer though).

WL starts to come online very early on T1 (the pet gets the earliest snare and second earliest armor debuff in the game) so its enjoyable there, in T2 once you get pounce and forced opportunity (armor debuff) you come online, and in T4 once you can get Conq gear and subjugator axe you start dealing okay ST damage. ASW doesn’t come online until RR70 with full Vanq gear so you’re better off using a ranged spec until that point.

So it depends on what kind of player you are and what you’re looking for. I personally enjoy my SW way more than WL but it’s not for everyone.
<Montague><Capulet>

Arthem

Post#10 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:22 am

zulnam wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:37 am Decided to stick to SW over WL this event (because easy living is boring).

For now i'm scout specced and doing pretty well in SCs (when i can find another good rdps to assist via Enemy).

I do plan going ASW once i get Merc set, but my question is: is Shadowstep really not worth it?

Since Merc gives you 2 skirm points from bonus and with the 1 point from rr 50+, i can get the heal debuff from skirm and go all the way up asw.

I was thinking of dropping one of the tactics and taking Shadowstep. My reasoning is that mobility is very important imo, and as a melee class, i don't have many options to close the gap.

Also with a WL duo i am thinking we're pretty much unstopable. Pounce+Shadowstep=melt.

This is the spec: https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 982&t=3948

(Again would get 2 skirm points from Merc which would help me get the heal debuff cheaper)
Shadowstep is really good as it gives you a defensive buff too. Its pretty much must have which is a shame because you have to lose at least something out of swift strikes, kd, crosscut and the 2 good tactics.