Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Healing focused builds and question

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Farlfang

[AM] Healing focused builds and question

Post#1 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:20 pm

Hey everyone, I've been leveling an AM recently and want to prioritize healing over damage. If anyone has some builds they'd like to share, it'd be appreciated!

Also, how much should I be caring about High Magic? Should I actually attempt to weave between damaging/healing or should I just focus heal/deeps? The mechanic feels really clunky in practice.
Kardel - Engi
Farlfang - White Lion
Dumpster tier player - Volkmar/Badlands Vet

Ads
Starx

Re: [AM] Healing focused builds and question

Post#2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 pm

The spec you run in warbands or small scale is defined by which 13pt ability you get. That is you get funnel essence in a small scale/sc build and energy of the vaul for warband play. Maybe with full healing sov you can get both but you cant afford not to run puddle and infusion + tactics like morale pump, wild healing etc...

The mechanic is hot garbage honestly, the only thing it does it make the life tap usable for warband play... You wont ever deal any meaninful damage interwoven between healing and half the time its disrupted.

AM is good as a utility spot in warbands you probably want 1 or 2 and the playstyle is defined by being the priority resser w/ insta res, the only warband wide healing with energy of the vaul, and the most powerful single target morale pump in the game. It should be said the morale pump isnt just some good tactic you always run, its pretty trash outside of warbands and trash without voice comms and trash without a knight with solar flare etc... You are also the squishiest healer so be prepared to fork out a ton of gold for good armor talismans and put a lot of time into good gear because you are priority target #1 for any destro backline train.

AM for smallscale is pretty bad, I don't think im bad at healer but the amount of times ppl have died when I could of easily saved them on RP just feels bad. When you dont have funnel essence or infusion up your hardcasting big heals into someone if you get taunted, set back, have stuff on you its a big RIP, so posistioning is something you can never EVER slack on because you can't just run around like an ape casting flash heal proccing 25% inc heal + shields on a skill with a crit tactic that heals for way to much for an isntant cast.

Small scale I usually run this
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3432,3431

You have a scuffed version of RP stagger w/ the silence but hey the times it doesnt get disrupted you can make some nice plays saving someone from a sorc or shutting down a healer. The extra hot on cleanse is needed for more mobile healing and it turns that gcd into a pretty high value thing.

For warbands its usually something like this
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3433,3437

im not 100% on the tactics, its hard to fit insta res and morale pump + whatever else in but i feel like desperation is a lot better than 10% healcrit and you cant really afford to drop wild healing imo.

waaaghlord

Post#3 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:44 pm

Don’t bother with the career mechanic, it doesn’t really help with healing (unless you’re DPS and throwing the occasional heal)

2 builds - 1 with Funnel Essence, 1 with EoV.

FE is a really solid ST heal that counters burst when paired with Lambent Auta and Isha’s Encouragement. This is more of a stationary build and is better in scenarios/6v6. You could also replace the silence with the HD in the mid tree, but your shield is weaker if you do.

RoR.builders - Archmage - Funnel Essence

EoV is also a good ST heal and also heals nearby friendlies (it’s not party only). Also it can be cast on the move therefore I think it’s better for RvR.

RoR.builders - Archmage - EoV

The 3 tactics I have selected are the 3 must have in my opinion. The 4th one is up to preference. I personally don’t think you need any of the AP related tactics (AP drain + AP pots + AP from WP/RP/KoBS). Personally I prefer Run Between Worlds or Apotheosis (unfortunately it does not proc the shield from cleansing nor Isha’s Encouragement).

For RR put your first 30 points into Futile Strikers, then max out Deft Defender. Wounds or healcrit for the rest of your points.

Play around with the build, get a feel and choose what you prefer.

LazarusParadox

Post#4 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:43 am

EoV heals nearby allies as well? Is there a tooltip bug in the career builder? that's good to know, what is the range and number of allies effected?

waaaghlord

Post#5 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:31 am

24 allies, dunno the range

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:02 am

Are you sure about apotheosis grp shield?
last I checked it shields all who got cleansed. just missing cleansing effects on area targets. you can see shield effect on them.
maybe time to test again.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)