Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Secrets
Former Staff

Re: [WL] AoE spec too strong for city siege

Post#91 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 am

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#92 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 am

Secrets wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:09 am Image

Now i understand why you are so loved by the comunity.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Acidic

Post#93 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:43 am

adapter wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 am

Now i understand why you are so loved by the comunity.
Every time you kill one , they evolve with next buff, class that killed em nerf
Picture looks right :)

Omegus

Post#94 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:56 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:17 pmIt's funny because WL's have been crying about not having a viable warband spec. We've made no changes to said spec, and suddenly everyone is crying about WL's have an OVERPOWERED warband spec. How can you not laugh? It is bizarro world simply because a group of high RR and well geared players absolutely dunked in response to a challenge.
It's almost like you introduced a brand new game mode of 24 vs 24 on new maps that are choke-point hell. Of course that game mode would have its own meta and balance requirements.
The worst part is lore-wise they shouldn't even have the **** lion :cry: :cry: :cry:
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

wonshot

Post#95 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:34 am

Sigford wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:45 am Lets just say I lead the WB, and we've beat bombling, zunig, pcheat, rankedsolo, etc. and when we don't beat them typically we put up a decent fight. My chosen's name is Dachosen, I'm not saying we're as good as them, but we put up a great fight against some of the better coordinated WBs. The WLs though we get rofl stomped regardless of strat/comp/morale/etc.
There seems to be a missconception of when im online its always a 24man premade. Reality is I havnt once queued with a full guildwarband and havnt once been able to get in with the same 23other guys. At this point I wouldnt even know who "my team" is, I do have a pool of different warbandbuildrs who like to invite me though.
And yes our fights have been very nice and close lately, thanks for the good action DaChosen!

On the subject of WLs.
This sounds like a meta adaptation to me. We tried it in VII months back, running full slayerwarband and while it was a different comp it was mainly to throw destro a curveball. You would see all the Destro tanks still doing Holdtheline not understanding what they were facing, and I very much assume this is a case of the same. Destro are so used to the BW bullshit that a WL warband is simple just bypassing the Holdtheline mindset, all the destro dPS is probably guarded and then the WL mobility and burst is simply just clubbing down unguarded healers before the destro dps-ball can turn around and react.

Winds of insanity used to be the counter to these singletarget assist trains from when I ran 24v24 offzone practise. That has been nerfed/changed since then. On paper with the usual DaChosen setup, I would simply assume the destro comp could "safely" ball up as the WL aoe damage should be outhealable imo. when the WLs commit hit them with a quick mara knockdown and SH cooldown increaser and the suprice burst is gone while the spam is limmited for a while. I wouldnt go as far yet and say there are no counterplay to this new order setup. And simple guardswaps ofc would do wonders.

But more than anything does it sound like a curveball that takes time to adapt to, mainly from tanks.
GGs
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Bosli

Post#96 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 am

wonshot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:34 am I would simply assume the destro comp could "safely" ball up as the WL aoe damage should be outhealable imo. when the WLs commit hit them with a quick mara knockdown and SH cooldown increaser and the suprice burst is gone while the spam is limmited for a while. I wouldnt go as far yet and say there are no counterplay to this new order setup. And simple guardswaps ofc would do wonders.
With Whirling Axe's rather short downtime of only 10 seconds, even with a CD increase, one short AoE KD only prevents one of 3 or 4 bombs due to immunity. Also, a big problem against this, is that even the Def Tanks take so much f*ing damage because of the armor ignore + guard, that every well timed no-morale Whirling Axe drop can easily kill multiple people.
Blobbing up doesn't help at all against the bomb damage - in fact it literally is as strong as a decent M2 morale drop, bringing everyone easily below 50% in 2-3 seconds, if not a lot lower when hit by all WLs. Also, healers cannot do anything while blobbed, since there's 1 to 2x interrupt per WL every 10 seconds AS WELL AS the Whirling Axe and Slashing Blade having a seemingly unusual high setback chance and amount, so I dare say that if they get their timings right, they can wipe a full blobbed warband in 5 seconds without even using morales. And they will get there with some more experience in the setup.

Oh - and let's not forget that they lose a lot less single target burst than one would expect, so they can still kill healers very easily if they duo it in case the bomb drop isn't enough.

Jabba

Post#97 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:38 am

Only thing that might need to be looked at is the aoe interrupt. 10 seconds is far too short a cd. This would obviously include the mara one too
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

heybaws

Post#98 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:14 am

Leave damage as it is, but remove 50% ap cost reduction from Hack and Slash tactic. Being able to spam aoe with 18ap cost per skill is a joke.

Ads
toffikx

Post#99 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:00 pm

The chad white lions stompted the virgin destro warbands. Rip in peace.

Tankbeardz

Post#100 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:11 am
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:11 am Names removed to protect the innocent (I'm glad I wasn't in this instance!). The AoE interupts (combined with the burst of WLs being WLs) allowed them to wreck havoc all instance. I believe this destro WB (which is not a pug WB) has faced the same setup 1-2 times since and won the siege mainly due to the WL group not doing a good enough job of playing to the actual rules of the scenario. Kill count still looked like a loss though!
Why is a MAGUS topping the damage charts? That's a better question.
Pink mist on cooldown is hard.