[SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deggiera

Re: [SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Post#11 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am
Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am
Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am Your build is to reroll White Lion or Slayer. No, I'm not joking. SW and WH are gimped in multiple ways and Slayer/White Lion are just a billion times better in every single way.

If you INSIST on playing a shitty, underpowered class, then your only option is Assault. Both ranged specs are completely useless. Unfortunately, you're too low level to actually do it, but when you get to 40/40, here's a pretty standard Assault build: 40/40 SW

When you get higher gear with more ballistic skill, swap out masterful aim for wrist slash.
In case it isn't obvious, Assault is melee.

For renown, dump every single renown point you get into Futile Blows until it's maxed. Then do +ballistic skill, I forget the name. Prioritize ballistic skill in gearing; put an armor talisman in every single open spot of your gear, and chug the 0 skill required 880 armor pot+80 ballistic skill pot.

Don't let shadow sting fall off the target. Shoot broadhead while approaching, then draw blood, then knockdown, and spam the **** out of brutal assault. Use Vengeance regularly.

Finally, do not bother trying to play Scout or Skirmish.

Or you can roll Slayer or White Lion and not rely on gimmicks and do 3 times the damage with more utility, more tools, and easier gameplay.
Ballistic skill from renown doesnt convert with passive.

Yea Mystry is notorious for being clueless while also giving out ‘advice’ and **** talking anything that doesn’t match up to his opinions.

Best bet to get actual useful advice is not listen to any schmuck on the forums but find a good player who is willing to help (I think SW is sitting at about 5 good players on the class that are truly knowledgeable).
its not just him, i started this game a couple weeks ago and there seems to be a misinformation campaign going on. luckily for me Im the kind of person who likes testing, tinkering and theorycrafting so i can be self reliant.

But people need to learn the difference between advice and opinion and keep opinions out of advice questions.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#12 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 pm

Talismans convert in assault...

Saying you assume or you double check and then purposefully spread bad info is just inexcusable.

Renown and ballistic from buffs don’t convert (IR potions or procs).
<Montague><Capulet>

cursedflesh

Post#13 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:12 pm

thomas1995 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am I'm actually lvl 20 and i'm in need in some builds, Ranged aswell as assault!
I feel like Ranged isn't as bad as people are telling ( maybe only in city? )
  • The specs? Builds? Stat prio?
  • Renown points ? Where do we need to spend? What's the priority?
  • Roles of every spec? What does Assault in oRvR ? Scout / skirmish ? Etc etc

This thread could help every new SW to actually play their class at the maximum potential.

We know that SW is ''inferior'' to every other class, but SW is a hybrid melee/ranged class, jack of all trades.
im asw main and here is my suggestion - run away from sw as fast as u can, will be very hard to give up, when u spend few hundred hours on it ... every other char in game is easy mode compared to this and they do everything far better than sw, totally not worth the time
Last edited by cursedflesh on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Deggiera

Post#14 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:15 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 pm Talismans convert in assault...

Saying you assume or you double check and then purposefully spread bad info is just inexcusable.

mine is not converting in buff, numbers dont change? is that a ui bug?

I have edited original post, most people dont bother going to 2nd page and I would prefer it to be factual.
Last edited by Deggiera on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manatikik

Post#15 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:15 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:04 pm Talismans convert in assault...

mine is not converting in buff, numbers dont change? is that a ui bug?
They do convert.
<Montague><Capulet>

Deggiera

Post#16 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:20 pm

ill do further testing, but as im newer i have edited original post coz its on first page and the first thing people will see.

Adelmar

Post#17 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:28 pm And my 'opinions' are based on facts and math.

Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am Ballistic skill from renown doesnt convert with passive.
Disappointing. I assumed it did.
What a let down to find that you didn't know this, especially after using your facts and math to verify the viability of a class. Color me disappointed.

@OP The class is a lot of fun, and yes, while the ranged specs need a little love, you can still do very well in most aspects of the game. Assault is a ton of fun as well and is capable of some amazing burst when geared/spec'd right. As others have said here, don't listen to doom & gloomers without having decided for yourself. Also- please, please, please take what you read in /advice chat with a VERY small grain of salt.
Adelmar (WH) - RR8X
Audari (WE) - RR7X
Contract (SW) - RR8X

Mystry
Suspended

Post#18 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 pm

Adelmar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 pm What a let down to find that you didn't know this, especially after using your facts and math to verify the viability of a class. Color me disappointed.

@OP The class is a lot of fun, and yes, while the ranged specs need a little love, you can still do very well in most aspects of the game. Assault is a ton of fun as well and is capable of some amazing burst when geared/spec'd right. As others have said here, don't listen to doom & gloomers without having decided for yourself. Also- please, please, please take what you read in /advice chat with a VERY small grain of salt.
I think you missed the part where the person saying that they didn't convert was proven wrong.
And yes, SW as a whole needs a lot of attention to become viable. Assault, like I said, is okay, but doesn't work outside of small scale 6v6.

Ads
Manatikik

Post#19 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 pm
Adelmar wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:58 pm What a let down to find that you didn't know this, especially after using your facts and math to verify the viability of a class. Color me disappointed.

I think you missed the part where the person saying that they didn't convert was proven wrong.
And yes, SW as a whole needs a lot of attention to become viable. Assault, like I said, is okay, but doesn't work outside of small scale 6v6.
Except i wasn't proven wrong. They were mistaken. In Assault you double dip in BS/Str, Crit, Power, Strikethrough, and Armor.

You can keep doubling down on how mistaken and foolish you are or you can just stop posting about SW.
<Montague><Capulet>

Deggiera

Post#20 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:12 am

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:36 pm

Do you even read before you decide to post incorrect information, i was mistaken on something in a later post regarding talismans. the exact thing you quoted me on is 100% accurate. Stats from renown DO NOT convert... cmon man no wonder this other guy has it out for you...