[SW] Levelling SW, with assault in mind

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Boldash

[SW] Levelling SW, with assault in mind

Post#1 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 pm

Hey,

I'd like to try and get a feel of the Assault SW, I read that it was heavily ranks and gear dependant.

Should I not bother speccing Assault at all before 40/70, or can I still learn to play it for example in T2 SC ?

If not, what would you advise to play until 40/70, something like a skirmish build ?

Thanks in advance !

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [SW] Levelling SW, with assault in mind

Post#2 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Boldash wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:10 pm Hey,

I'd like to try and get a feel of the Assault SW, I read that it was heavily ranks and gear dependant.

Should I not bother speccing Assault at all before 40/70, or can I still learn to play it for example in T2 SC ?

If not, what would you advise to play until 40/70, something like a skirmish build ?

Thanks in advance !
In SC's in t1/t2 it doesn't really matter if you're Skirm/Assault/Scout; it's T2 its easy and doesn't matter. Once you hit 40, you will be eaten alive and do nothing until you hit 70 with proper gear. I'd suggest running Skirmish as an assist DPS with HD and RKD for a WL/BW or just spam LA into blobs in ORvR for gear and what not.
<Montague><Capulet>

Boldash

Post#3 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:01 am

I see, thanks I'll start to grind then ^^

cursedflesh

Post#4 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:28 am

u can go assault at 40/60 with vanq/conq mix, but dont expect miracles even with sov 80+ ... as ASW main i suggest to play anything else before you reach hight rank and it will be hard to abandon
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Boldash

Post#5 » Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 pm

While looking for infos on the class I got the idea that it wasn't in a good state, and useless in a warband Setting.

I plan on mostly having fun with this spec in small scale, but like you said I hope it's not gonna be super long to get there to just be disappointed.

cursedflesh

Post#6 » Sat May 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Boldash wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:21 pm While looking for infos on the class I got the idea that it wasn't in a good state, and useless in a warband Setting.

I plan on mostly having fun with this spec in small scale, but like you said I hope it's not gonna be super long to get there to just be disappointed.
if you want 6v6 you will love it, but need best in slot to be ok, so huge time investment, i have 650 hours on asw and its still tryhard
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro