Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Scout spec looking for some advice

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Raldoran

[SW] Scout spec looking for some advice

Post#1 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi all

Im currently 40/48, yes i realise i'm a little behind the curve in my rr but i have pretty much levelled to 40 via sc's rather than Orvr and have only stepped into the lakes in the last few levels to try and get my rank up for i reached 40 and to get some emblems to get a little bit better gear to start at 40.

Im just after some advice as to what to aim for next, i realise that the class and this spec aren't in the best shape right now so if the advice is just re roll and pick something else i appreciate it but i have actually been having fun with it so far. Yes ive had to put up with being mangled in sc's quite a lot but in general I've been able to do quite well in the top 3 or 4 dmg wise and on the times when ive been guarded, healed and there has been a melee front line to stand behind ive topped the dmg charts on a number of occasions.

Long story short i have my full set of conq, a full set of the beastlord, i have both of the r39 sc weapons (slowly grinding the emblems for the 40 ones) and 2 of the sharpshooter genesis jewels and i'm just wondering where next to go in terms of gear. I haven't really looked at the next tier of dungeons Gunbad and C&T, should i be focusing my efforts towards those to get better gear? or should i be going heavily into the rvr lakes for the next set.

I've slotted pretty much all bs talismans and reached my soft cap for bs, speced futile strikes to drop my chance to be crit to 0%, what should i be looking to upgrade next in terms of my rr points.

Im just looking for tips on how to maximise the chance to enjoy the class as much as i can. I don't have vast amounts of time to put into it so things like Sov or Inv are probably a very long way off

All help appriciated

Ads
tefnaht

Re: [SW] Scout spec looking for some advice

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:33 am

Try Onslaught - nice proc to -armour will help to focus targets, set have 5 parts with 100% chance to drop from gold bags, just need wb and farm 22ch pq.

For comfort pew-pew u need 5 inv bonus, don't underestimate +10 range.

Btw, u always need to have shadow sting and on 40+ u will be top tier target for every one. And in this case dominator\oppressor will help to survive and give opportunity to risk a little bit more for targeting non-guarded\light armour targets.

If inv\warlord\sov is not an option - bloodmoon is a top gear for u, but it's a last pve content atm.

P.S. try out assault with defensive sets, it can sounds weird - range in melee, but in small scale like scenarios it performs well. And with good gear(somewhere on vanq\inv mix and higher) even city siege will be welcome for u, in part of organized wb.

Karl

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:23 am

tefnaht wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:33 am [...] And with good gear(somewhere on vanq\inv mix and higher) even city siege will be welcome for u, in part of organized wb.
This was true for a week, before SW got nerfed and FUBAR into the ground.

Still if you want to play SW just go ASW, even with todays nerf it's still the best SW spec.

anarchypark

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:26 pm

vanquisher set is your aim. and bloodlord bow. plus genesis full set.
4% + 5% dmg boost.
until sov and fort bow ofc.
heavy orvr it is.

you are glass cannon, don't waste points in defensive stats. drop futile, full range crit. then dodge/disrupt
to scout, heal debuff is optional.
most important is safe distance, next is heal debuff range. get familiar with those 2 max range.

try to focus death blow score in SC rather than dmg score.
pick right target and finish them off asap. kill steal is your job. with fell the weak.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

MooMooMooMooMoo

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:26 pm vanquisher set is your aim. and bloodlord bow. plus genesis full set.
4% + 5% dmg boost.
until sov and fort bow ofc.
heavy orvr it is.

you are glass cannon, don't waste points in defensive stats. drop futile, full range crit. then dodge/disrupt
to scout, heal debuff is optional.
most important is safe distance, next is heal debuff range. get familiar with those 2 max range.

try to focus death blow score in SC rather than dmg score.
pick right target and finish them off asap. kill steal is your job. with fell the weak.
What tactics would you run with a Scout build. I thought of No Quarter, Enchanted Arrow plus the Ballistic and Ballistic/WS/Strength one. But there's also Bullseye.

anarchypark

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:42 pm

MooMooMooMooMoo wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:08 pm
What tactics would you run with a Scout build. I thought of No Quarter, Enchanted Arrow plus the Ballistic and Ballistic/WS/Strength one. But there's also Bullseye.

yea 3 mandatory.
4th I used to run -10% reduced evasion. elf race tactic. discerning offence?
now scout got undefendable fester with VoN, I'm running guerilla training for run speed nowdays.
bullseye or -toughness +BS/WS are too squish even for glass cannon.
BS cap is easy and no need WS with fester.

bullseye + steady aim might have some use. though steady aim is too risky, It's interesting build i think.

in pve, expert skirmisher for trashes. leading shot for boss.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)