Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] What's the deal with assault?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TreefAM

Re: [SW] What's the deal with assault?

Post#11 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 pm

Well asw doesnt really work b4 70 that well
But here's a rr 60 build
RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

At 70 you will run this
RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior

Can't help you much with the renown points, I'm running futile strikes x3 parry and some wounds i think, and some in crit.

Ads
Panodil

Post#12 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:17 pm

would run 15% damage over knockdown i think, im not pro at ASW
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

TreefAM

Post#13 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:22 pm

I started using Bullseye for the 20 since i hit 70 and I find it pretty useful, not sure if I'll go back to no respite when (if) I ever bother to get 6piece warlord.

Manatikik

Post#14 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:47 pm

RR 60
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;3;0;0

RR 70

+2 BiS

This is it. You can't do RR50 properly unless you are running with someone else who can HD then you dont take SS and just get everything from BiS setup mastery wise. This will give you the most damage possible in every build and enough survive
<Montague><Capulet>

Akalukz

Post#15 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:59 pm

thanks all
-= Agony =-

HammerGuy

Post#16 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:45 pm

How does an assault SW play for the major aspects of PvP? What does assault bring to scenarios, cities, and forts? How does assault perform in solo/duo roaming compared to the other trees? Does it add anything unique or powerful or am I better off being another melee DPS?

What is the general flow of combat? Do you start out using a few abilities in scout/skirmish and then go in as assault?

What are the main abilities and rotations like for the assault SW?

agemennon675

Post#17 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:20 pm

HammerGuy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:45 pm How does an assault SW play for the major aspects of PvP? What does assault bring to scenarios, cities, and forts? How does assault perform in solo/duo roaming compared to the other trees? Does it add anything unique or powerful or am I better off being another melee DPS?

What is the general flow of combat? Do you start out using a few abilities in scout/skirmish and then go in as assault?

What are the main abilities and rotations like for the assault SW?
ASW bring nothing to a warband or anything above 6v6, other dps or sometimes tanks bring more tools and dmg, Flow of combat what makes it unique, you can surf in skirmish stance (or just stay in assault you can still use most of your skirm abilities anyway), open up with 1 or 2 bha or snare to hide healdebuff from clense than, shadowstep to your Main asist target while using VoN on air (because SW is not a real dps its support dps that helps real dps to kill stuff), than you use your KD or Disarm(if you need the stop your target from dpsing) depending on the situation, you can apply draw blood if you have a window if you dont have time and you can burst your target down you use crosscut+Brutal Assault(or a grim slash if you cant get behind or VoN in cooldown) and prey that they are dead, if they are not dead you can keep stacking 3xBHA+Draw Blood+Grim Slash Spam+Counterstrike(if you need to interrupt priority targets like long cast heals or channelled abilities). You also dont have melee snare unlike any other dps so its hard for an ASW to stick to its target and needs another dps or tank to do it. Also never forget that you can use Whirling pin as offensive or defensive, you can jump to backlines if needed or if you are in a 1v1 situation in rvr you can engage with shadowstep,kd do your pseudo timestamp with crosscut use whirling pin swap skirmish on air and keep kiting. Your only aoe capability is 20 sec cooldown Sweeping Slash or morales. You try to kill targets 1 by 1 in forts/cities because thats all you can do. And believe me a WL will apply more sustained dps with its pet in a 1v1 situation. Sorry for rough writing English is not my main language
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

PlagueMonk

Post#18 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 pm

Rather than create a whole new topic, I thought I would leech off this one.

I am new to the SW and have done a fair amount of reading about it (including this thread). I am absolutely terrible at playing one but that's a challenge to me so I would like to learn how to be better.

I'm not seeing really any recent threads on SW's other than this one and from the info above Assault doesn't hit its stride until RR60. So what exactly does a fledgling SW do until then? (I'm currently 12 so I have a LONG way to go)

Looking for any tips, things to avoid, things that are a must have, what to spec into first, etc.

Anything you can tell me that will help me become a better SW.

thanks

Ads
velenne

Post#19 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 pm

At low levels you can stick to Scout and have fun with it. Skirmish doesn't come online for awhile. Stay in the back, pretend you're a Bright Wizard, and you'll do fine. Levels come very fast in ORvR once you hit 16 and the bolster is kind to SW's. Look for low health targets that you can finish off.