Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Which stats, when, why?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Vandoles

Re: [SW] Which stats, when, why?

Post#11 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm

Spoiler:
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:25 am
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:39 am

You need at least rr 70 to make it work correctly, Vanq is fine for the most part but Invader or Bloodlord work better for ASW for little work if you can’t make Sov.
Unfortunately invader is several months to half a year away for me, minimum. So for trying out some assault for variety should I grab some armor talis on my conq stuff?

Conq doesn’t cut it for ASW anymore. Try to get Bloodlord it’s pretty easy. But you can do 5 vanq 4 beastlord. Invader should realistically take maybe a month? Between forts and cities it takes no time to grab it.
You seem to assume people are exactly the same as yourself, also in the other thread we're talking ;) Invader is grabbed through forts + cities, they pop at specific times during the day. I have kids, a job, a wife and multiple responsibilities. There are very specific times when I can play the game. The chance for those times to coincide with the times a fort or a city is up is slim. I can get maybe a city or fort per week, two if I'm lucky. That's fairly regular for most gamer dads. Thank you for the advice, I'll try to see about beastlord + vanq.

Ads
Vandoles

Post#12 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Akalukz wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:38 pm
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:34 am
Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:34 am

Please dont try and advise people to wounds stack ASW at low levels... Low SW is already useless enough without trying to convince them to run in melee, with no damage, no cc, no armor, but to stack wounds and that will help?
Actually I'm quite curious about sub-rr70 asw, being a gamer dad I'm highly unlikely to ever get past vanquisher. I'd love to switch occasionally for variety, should I still go for some + armor talis if I try to do it?
I say try it. It may not perform "best" but if it is fun do it! I wouldn't drop serious amounts of gold on talismans until high-level gear tho. I think you should probably find ya a niche playstyle as a gaming dad. It can be a struggle gaming with a houseful of people... i know ;) If you ever want to group up with another gaming dad/husband/newgrandpa givee me a holler. Mys SW is Akalina :)
Thanks, I'll give it a try, I do have quite a lot of gold I made back when I played years ago and had a lot more time :) I've gotten some idea what to go for from the thread, I hope.

I generally find enough time to play the game, but 9 times out of 10 when I log on I flip 1-2 zones and have to log well before we get to a city or fort. Sadly that's a huge block to a casual gamer.

Manatikik

Post#13 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm
Spoiler:
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 am
Unfortunately invader is several months to half a year away for me, minimum. So for trying out some assault for variety should I grab some armor talis on my conq stuff?

Conq doesn’t cut it for ASW anymore. Try to get Bloodlord it’s pretty easy. But you can do 5 vanq 4 beastlord. Invader should realistically take maybe a month? Between forts and cities it takes no time to grab it.
You seem to assume people are exactly the same as yourself, also in the other thread we're talking ;) Invader is grabbed through forts + cities, they pop at specific times during the day. I have kids, a job, a wife and multiple responsibilities. There are very specific times when I can play the game. The chance for those times to coincide with the times a fort or a city is up is slim. I can get maybe a city or fort per week, two if I'm lucky. That's fairly regular for most gamer dads. Thank you for the advice, I'll try to see about beastlord + vanq.
Naw, it takes make a week or so to get Invader if i needed to get it. Every time estimation I give people isn't based on a casual playtime BUT its based on people doing what they're supposed to be doing and not just afk in a pug WB in a keep or whatever. Bloodlord takes 90 minute sessions four times to get the BiS weapon and the 6 piece (cloak takes 8 runs) which is really good for Assault and very easy to obtain for casual players. Vanq used to work for ASW but just doesn't compete anymore with BiS setups but can still work ok; main thing is RR70 at the minimum to make it work properly.
<Montague><Capulet>

Vandoles

Post#14 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:20 pm

Manatikik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:06 pm
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:45 pm
Spoiler:

Naw, it takes make a week or so to get Invader if i needed to get it. Every time estimation I give people isn't based on a casual playtime BUT its based on people doing what they're supposed to be doing and not just afk in a pug WB in a keep or whatever. Bloodlord takes 90 minute sessions four times to get the BiS weapon and the 6 piece (cloak takes 8 runs) which is really good for Assault and very easy to obtain for casual players. Vanq used to work for ASW but just doesn't compete anymore with BiS setups but can still work ok; main thing is RR70 at the minimum to make it work properly.
The issue with invader isn't really the playtime, it's the necessity to be online at a specific time, which a lot don't have the luxury to have. I'll consider bloodlord, of course, hopefully that can be scheduled with a guild.