Recent Topics

Ads

[rSW] Need a PvP Leveling spec, any good Skirm specs?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Darkfalz8

[rSW] Need a PvP Leveling spec, any good Skirm specs?

Post#1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:30 pm

I know a lot of the abilities/tactics/passives got moved around a bit on the current version of this server for SW. Curious what a good Skirmisher build looks like these days and what tree you would take as secondary as you level to 40/work on gear until you can feasibly run Assault? I've had a lot of running cleave setups with split arrows tactic back in the day and doing that with a barrages setup sounds fun? With how oppressive destro melee lines are on the way to the level cap I feel like a nice cleave setup would make it a bit more difficult for healers to keep up. Possibly a scout setup for Sieges and keep defenses wouldn't hurt as well. Just looking at a general current state update for SW builds from a fellow SW veteran, of how they would build as they level/at cap pre-assault gear progression.

Ads
Manatikik

Re: [rSW] Need a PvP Leveling spec, any good Skirm specs?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:04 am

Depends on the type of gameplay you are looking at. WB play then yea run a Split Arrow build since they killed and LA builds and try to sync up a SM's WW for Barrage spam while VoN.

For roaming/SC run a Scout build that focuses on HD first then getting a good Fester rotation down finally getting FtW when you can. At lower levels you will need two tactic slots for IA and MA so you can't run Bullseye and get a decent Scout build working until you can soft cap BS without MA.

Gear wise is the same it always has been: ORvR sets are BiS (Conq > Vanq > Invader > Sov/Warlord) for jewelry get two piece Geneses (remnant and aspect) run 3-4 piece Beastlord with pocket/cloak/jewel then use Empire T4 Influence for your last jewel or grab a good Exquisite Gunbad Saphire/Bloodmoon Ring. Weapon wise get Subjugator/Fort Weapons for AoE more and Bloodlord Bow (Sword for ASW) with either Subjugator or SC bow depending on if you want more AP/Stats or a damage proc more.

This is BiS for ASW: https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... cter/59860 . For RSW you can do the same thing as ASW but Offensive Sov is typically a little better.
<Montague><Capulet>

Darkfalz8

Post#3 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am

Thanks for all of the info, as far as 40/40+ builds how would you run a scout build for SC's/Keep play and a skirm barrage/split arrows build? I haven't played SW since retail so I couldn't even begin to remember what skills/tactics are worth going for each tree and what your off tree would look like with maxed mastery points.

Manatikik

Post#4 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 am

Darkfalz8 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am Thanks for all of the info, as far as 40/40+ builds how would you run a scout build for SC's/Keep play and a skirm barrage/split arrows build? I haven't played SW since retail so I couldn't even begin to remember what skills/tactics are worth going for each tree and what your off tree would look like with maxed mastery points.
AoE : RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior If you dont need MA for BS then you can run either Bullseye or Pierce Defenses

ST: RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior - at 60 drop Flame Arrow for FtW or you can get rid of FA and Fester/Enchanted Arrows to get FtW for a less bursty build but better finisher. When you can get rid of MA get Bullseye as your other tactic.
<Montague><Capulet>

Darkfalz8

Post#5 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:19 am

Thank you so much, appreciate the builds :3 :D!

Darkfalz8

Post#6 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 am

Manatikik wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 am
Darkfalz8 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:17 am Thanks for all of the info, as far as 40/40+ builds how would you run a scout build for SC's/Keep play and a skirm barrage/split arrows build? I haven't played SW since retail so I couldn't even begin to remember what skills/tactics are worth going for each tree and what your off tree would look like with maxed mastery points.
AoE : RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior If you dont need MA for BS then you can run either Bullseye or Pierce Defenses

ST: RoR.builders - Shadow Warrior - at 60 drop Flame Arrow for FtW or you can get rid of FA and Fester/Enchanted Arrows to get FtW for a less bursty build but better finisher. When you can get rid of MA get Bullseye as your other tactic.
While on topic about AoE skirmish barrage setup; should I try assault and not enjoy it, would this spec have any place late game? I'm a huge fan of gren spec on engi but I find barrage setup on skirmish interesting due to getting cleave and having a healing debuff. I know most people just offspec for the heal debuff and run scout but man since playin gren engi and skavenslaying on slayer boy do I like cleave.

Curious if there are outliers I'm not considering or if it just doesnt work. You can be real with me, I have no problem just sticking with slayer and engi if the cleave package just isnt as good as the other two. Something I'm concerned about is the 65ft combat distance on skirmish, very vulnerable to pull and being bursted. I feel like slayer works due to the sheer damage and burst tools (and possibly a wider conal cleave compared to how spit arrows works?) it has and engi only needs to drop dots and maintain them vs have to constantly be in 65ft combat range spamming casted skills.

Manatikik

Post#7 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:29 am

Darkfalz8 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:28 am
Manatikik wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:02 am

While on topic about AoE skirmish barrage setup; should I try assault and not enjoy it, would this spec have any place late game? I'm a huge fan of gren spec on engi but I find barrage setup on skirmish interesting due to getting cleave and having a healing debuff. I know most people just offspec for the heal debuff and run scout but man since playin gren engi and skavenslaying on slayer boy do I like cleave.

Curious if there are outliers I'm not considering or if it just doesnt work. You can be real with me, I have no problem just sticking with slayer and engi if the cleave package just isnt as good as the other two. Something I'm concerned about is the 65ft combat distance on skirmish, very vulnerable to pull and being bursted. I feel like slayer works due to the sheer damage and burst tools (and possibly a wider conal cleave compared to how spit arrows works?) it has and engi only needs to drop dots and maintain them vs have to constantly be in 65ft combat range spamming casted skills.

SW AoE is a joke. If you are trying to WB play on Order just player Slayer or BW. Only two viable AoE classes.
<Montague><Capulet>

Darkfalz8

Post#8 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:40 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:29 am
SW AoE is a joke. If you are trying to WB play on Order just player Slayer or BW. Only two viable AoE classes.
Yeah, had a feeling that would be the case, any particular reason you don't include gren Engi in the AoE lineup? I'm assuming much like Slayer, BW gets a lot of damage scalability with its self-harm mechanic. To be honest I have never played BW on retail or this server for the same reason I avoided Slayer until recently. I wasn't a fan of the self-harm mechanic because it felt like you needed to rely on healers a lot more than regular DPS, which let's be honest is a bit scary for order, between DPS AM's and 2H WPs It just didn't feel like a good idea to me. Given I'm liking slayers cleave so much I may just try BW as well if that's the case. You don't happen to know what's a good spec to level them in PvP do you?

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:34 am

try skirm + assult No Respite tactic.
40ft AoE cleave.
though you need SM WW and guard/heal.
dmg could be little bit lower than BW/slayer but you got morale drain instead.

your DoTs gonna be countered by DoK grp cleans. so aim them while you're not spamming barrage. self cleans won't work on grp. make him busy cleansing healdebuff on himself while aoe dots spreading.
or just spam LA-SFA-(insta) rotation until WW-barrage to assisting target.

all the aoe arrows feel like playing Amazon in Diablo 2.
only few have tasted it i think.
forbidden fruit, interesting ?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)