Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Heal guide

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
agypsy4444

Re: [AM] Heal guide

Post#21 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:28 pm

Does Isha's Encouragement stack with Apothesis?

Ads
Cimba

Post#22 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:20 am

agypsy4444 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:28 pm Does Isha's Encouragement stack with Apothesis?
Nope.

celescyte

Post#23 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am

Wanted to ask as I've recently hit 40, is the beastlord set good for fresh 40 healing archmages? It mostly gives intelligence and I know that I'm supposed to (probably) be going for willpower. I wasn't sure if it was totally efficient and I think it's geared primarily for dps archmages, but I did want to try asking regardless

Ugle

Post#24 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 pm

Use cloak, pocket and jewel together with winds impervious jewel set to improve your survivability. Use together with rvr heal set and put defensive talismans into everything. (Wounds, armor, toghness). No point going for willpower.
inactive

EsthelielSunfury

Post#25 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:50 pm

celescyte wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am Wanted to ask as I've recently hit 40, is the beastlord set good for fresh 40 healing archmages? It mostly gives intelligence and I know that I'm supposed to (probably) be going for willpower. I wasn't sure if it was totally efficient and I think it's geared primarily for dps archmages, but I did want to try asking regardless
I'd recommend making the Vanquisher set your objective if you wish to be useful in oRvR or City.

celescyte

Post#26 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:24 pm

Thank you!

leafaele

Post#27 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:51 pm

Small update for tactics and added a brief discussion of morale options.

BluIzLucky

Post#28 » Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

leafaele wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:51 pm Small update for tactics and added a brief discussion of morale options.
Hi Leaf,

As I've said before awesome post :)

Two things..
1. Got inspired by your WP scaling and wanted to take a look from another angle.
In particular just wanted to see what 1 wp gets you:
As you can see the total hp/wp is quite good at 1:0.9 for hots, this makes Isha's encouragment particularly strong due to it's low base heal, even if the hps is not impressive.
I also did int scaling against dummies (with - 400 spirit and -120 toughness debuff) and for EoV against 5 targets with no miti, so it's coming off way better than reality.

2. If Discipline at 6-8% increased heal is not worth it, how much do you value 10% crit? In my head it's 5% maybe a little more due to how it plays with Desperation/heal modifiers.
I usually run both, when healing with Willpower to get 1100 wp / +40% crit.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
leafaele

Post#29 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:33 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi Leaf,

Two things..
1. Got inspired by your WP scaling and wanted to take a look from another angle.
As you can see the total hp/wp is quite good at 1:0.9 for hots, this makes Isha's encouragment particularly strong due to it's low base heal, even if the hps is not impressive.
I also did int scaling against dummies (with - 400 spirit and -120 toughness debuff) and for EoV against 5 targets with no miti, so it's coming off way better than reality.

2. If Discipline at 6-8% increased heal is not worth it, how much do you value 10% crit? In my head it's 5% maybe a little more due to how it plays with Desperation/heal modifiers.
First off everything is under reevaluation after the changes but at your second thing:
Before changes I rated discipline as one of the worst tactics you could pick. There are so many other good ones. Discipline gave 0% to eov which is why I hate it so much. According to enemy eov is 70+%, in both cities and orvr, of my total healing. So that's not great. A 10% critrate is a flat 5% heal increase in return of reckoning but it works on eov. This is without procs. Before we only really had restorative burst that had any proc chance on crits but that might be changed now.
Regarding your itemization with that much willpower, you might want to take a look at the talisman section of the guide.

BluIzLucky

Post#30 » Tue May 25, 2021 12:07 pm

leafaele wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:33 pm
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:06 pm Hi Leaf,

Two things..

First off everything is under reevaluation after the changes but at your second thing:
Before changes I rated discipline as one of the worst tactics you could pick. There are so many other good ones. Discipline gave 0% to eov which is why I hate it so much. According to enemy eov is 70+%, in both cities and orvr, of my total healing. So that's not great. A 10% critrate is a flat 5% heal increase in return of reckoning but it works on eov. This is without procs. Before we only really had restorative burst that had any proc chance on crits but that might be changed now.
Regarding your itemization with that much willpower, you might want to take a look at the talisman section of the guide.

haha thanks, but wasn't really looking for advice, though I can see why you would think that it was needed with your particular playstyle/statistics.. lol :)
I run with Wounds talis in my WP gear, they are cheaper and seems more flexible, both armor and toughness requires more stacking to be useful, which I will probably dip into once I have full main sov, would be cool to see Enemy incoming mitigation for someone stacking armor+% reduced armor pen vs toughness stacking vs wounds/nothing (i can provide the latter :roll: ).
However, outside city (and specifically organized v organized) where you can face ST parties hunting you down across the map,there's not much point to go heavy on defense, for me survival in ORvR/fort and for the most part scenarioes is 90% positioning.
Ranked is a little different, since dying just once could lose the game, but 9-10k with tb/fs should be enough and still leaves room for pumping up WP.
in ranked EoV for me is about 12%, IE and FE sits at same level, with LA at +60%
EoV is so low, I'm testing if it's worth dropping in ranked until you get +2 main sov, since that means you can get FE, MoM, MI, LoG and SoC/some tactic.

With full sov, defensive talis and jewellery and a low WP staff (Fort), you'd be in the 650 will/healpower region (not far from your low example).
LA at 650wp is about 2050 total heal, adding 500 more WP could now mean, adding 1-2k healing on every single LA cast:
((2050 + 500 * 0.9 (LA's WP scaling)) * 1.2 (40% crit or mechanic) - 2050 * 1.20 ) * 3 targets = 1620
Add another 300 if you use mechanic, while it is still just 20% more on the total (and assumes you hit 3 targets), it's still a good/high absolute number, then consider..
IE which has even better relative scaling due to the low base heal, getting a 50% increase!

And yes, if you get above 70% of your heals from EoV, WP scaling becomes entirely pointless as your ""20%"" increase effectively is diminished by the EoV %, so in those settings I either go tanky (serious city) or full int/heal crit (orvr/fort), my EoV rarely breaks 60% even in full int gear but I run without WW 99% of the time, so could be why.. :)

and yup, certainly a couple things to reconsider..

WW change was nice, but you shouldn't have much higher uptime than before with a good SM, and with a new/bad one it's slightly higher but still unreliable. Though 100% with 2 SMs is now possible/reliable so we'll see how that plays out.

New moral pump, could be very strong when spamming EoV on MA, and maybe warrent bringing more AMs to a 24 man to get better up time, but it does seems unreliable so unless it ignores stuff like the Mara morale stopper, or they move core M2s (Bellow) to M3 or make the passive morale gain lower, but will defo take the spot of Discipline in city/keep/fort for sure ;)

The LA change is also fairly big, if you can reliably get 2-3 on each cast, it will mean you can keep the entire WB hotted and it will be the second most efficient heal next to EoV (especially no doubt if you consider you can cast 2 LA vs 1 BoI).
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70