Recent Topics

Ads

[SM]Differences betweem BO & SW

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vastou

[SM]Differences betweem BO & SW

Post#1 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:40 pm

Hello, I would like to know the differences between BO & SM.
2 handed dps while being enough tankier?
utility?
tankier (snb or 2handed) ?
party friendly?
Are theses classes almost the same on high end stuff ?

Thanks for your explanations, I could find a lottt of youtube solo roaming BO but almost 0 orders tanks roaming ... is that SM really bad comparing bo?

Ads
Noslock

Re: [SM]Differences betweem BO & SW

Post#2 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:15 pm

I have more experience on bo but:

They both do decent 2h damage while being tanky. Sm probably wins the 2h race as tankiness but both can do damage.In the end a big part is gear and spec.On my 2h bo i can go up to 11k hp 700 str 500+ ws and 800 toughness with 70% parry with procs up if needed or go full glasscannon with 56% crit 950 str and 8k hp...i suppose the same goes for sm

SM have the advantage of accessing WODS on 2H which channeled boost his parry dodge and disrupt by 50% while bo get a 50% channeled block boost if specced for it on s/b. SM does spirit damage and thats a nice pro.

Utility i would say bo wins being able to : cast waaagh without having a target in range,buffing friendly target ws,increasing enemy ability cd on single target if specced for it,having a m3 aoe silence,and a 4 sec silence and a tactic to speed up morale gain ( even if morale game has b een slightly nerfed its still useful to pop that m2 damage reduction fast).On the other side sm have a 15 feet frontal interrupt if specced for it and a 5 sec disorient that increase build time by 50% but you need a target to cast the waaagh equivalent and thats a downside.What is nice on Sm is the 25% self cast buff and the gap closer m3 jump to troll kiters

They are both pretty tanky and able to even put out decent healing when they spec for it but i like the panic button cant hit me on bo for s/b.On 2h for solo roam probably a sm can do better than a bo having good selfheal and wods to mitigate some damage but my sm is not geared enough to confirm my theory.

Both party friendly if you spec right with sm being able to even support in the healing field lol

Yes same high end stuff

Ofc Bo looks like a proper tank while Sm looks like an am with a big sword
Last edited by Noslock on Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:27 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Kazus

Post#3 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:16 pm

SM is better for DPS, probably. They do spirit damage.

BO is just a more popular class, mostly due to looks. They are probably a better SnB tank as well.

vastou

Post#4 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm

both has the same healing party buff, why SM has better spec for it ?

Thanks for your answers :)

Noslock

Post#5 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:25 pm

vastou wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:15 pm both has the same healing party buff, why SM has better spec for it ?

Thanks for your answers :)
2 on SM - Bolstering enchantment and bless of heaven and 1 on Bo - you got nuffin.Also on bo other tactics have priorities over the heal one in a group as s/b (morale boost + waaagh tactic + most likely wounds and the parry block boost

Tom

Post#6 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:33 pm

I havent played SM since live so I'll leave it for others to comment on the direct comparison (but I do play 2h BO regularly). What I would say since you mentioned finding fewer solo SM videos is its my impression that there are more destro players soloing in general, regardless of class, than I come across order soloing. Maybe not accurate but thats my anecdotal experience from the hours Im playing.

vastou

Post#7 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:08 pm

Thanks again guys !! THAT'S THE COMMUNAUTY !
Could you advise me a build for leveling until T4?

Snb ?
2 handed?

All in wound & tanking stat?
Mix of both with some STR?

Noslock

Post#8 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:25 pm

2h is not very effective until you have decent gear so i would go s/b and start gettin used to be part of a wb as a tank.As for the build if its the bo one you are lookin for there are plenty of threads with the build to aim for

Ads
vastou

Post#9 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:55 pm

what about stat? Mix of STR & defensive stat?

Noslock

Post#10 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:02 pm

vastou wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:55 pm what about stat? Mix of STR & defensive stat?
As s/b you want wounds on bo.Dont waste too much time on gear when lowbie,try to rush to 40 with some rvr / sc mix and keep up your renown rank.Ruin set is a decent s/b starter set if you want to farm pve otherwise go straight for conqueror.