Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Scout much improved siince last I played

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
sidhevicious

[SW] Scout much improved siince last I played

Post#1 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:41 am

Returned after a several month break, and still finding my feet. I am still gearing up, and my gear not fully optimised for the new changes or playstyle, but SCOUT feels a LOT better than it used to when I last played. I don't know how the changes affected aSW or skSW, so cant comment for them.

I feel like I am doing more damage over the course of a scenario, and more likely to actually kill targeted enemy players. Stacking BHA, the return of Eye Shot to scout, plus the chance to damage from glass arrow, has made quite a difference. A minor trade-off is the loss of AoE (glass arrow totally changed, and flame arrow limited to skirmish stance). Steady Aim is still a net negative in most situations.

Overall, SW-Scout feels like its in a much better place.

Good combos/tactics:
- stack BHA 3x
- VoN, Eye Shot, FA, RF, FtW
- Centuries of Training (plus Glass Arrows) is a lot of incidental damage.
- Eye shot affords some room to maneuvre or escape, but mostly a way to stop a fleeing enemy for the killer combo, and debuffing their initiative.
- Still juggling the best combo of masterful aim, instinctive aim, centuries of training, no quarter, bullseye, enchanted arrows.
Casual Player.

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: [SW] Scout much improved siince last I played

Post#2 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:41 pm

I agree, Scout is pretty fun to play again. On Eye Shot, I have found some luck in FA>AcidArrow>Eye Shot>FtW. It at a minimum puts people in a panic mode. If you can stack BHA and Shadow Sting before hand, so much the better.

Now it is just finding that spot where no one notices you and plink... er, Eagle Eye away!
Last edited by phononHYPE on Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

havartii

Re: [SW] Scout much improved siince last I played

Post#3 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:01 am

I am glad they took the time to adjust SW to a competitive level in ALL tiers, sadly SH is still neglected
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change