Recent Topics

Ads

Broadhead arrow do none damage to oil?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
moonangel

Broadhead arrow do none damage to oil?

Post#1 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:20 am

I dont see numbers at oil and nothing at combat log. I have feeling that only morale damages oil on my skirmish SW.

Ads
agemennon675

Re: Broadhead arrow do none damage to oil?

Post#2 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 am

Unfortunately RSW only have 2 skills to dmg oil; Fester and Flame arrow, now if you are skirmish your only option is flame arrow which is only 65ft range so sometimes you cant even reach oil. leave the job of killing oil to “real” rdps
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ugle

Post#3 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am

Yes, for some reason only magical ranged attacks affect siege equipment, no phrdps attacks. (which is rather strange, would like to see the logical rationale for that :P)
inactive

Xergon

Post#4 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am

To be more precise, only Magical Range abilities do dmg to the oil (dont ask me why) so as @agemennon675 said only few abilities on SW does magical dmg and that is Festering Arrow and Flame Arrow.

Engineer has few more abilities but hes also primarly physical.

best on order to kill oil are BW and AM, while on destro its Sorc, Shamman and Magus, magus can really :| Oil super fast...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Xergon

Post#5 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 am

Ugle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am Yes, for some reason only magical ranged attacks affect siege equipment, no phrdps attacks. (which is rather strange, would like to see the logical rationale for that :P)
Yes, personally was asking Natherul about that in the past but no explantion either.

I would just increase Oil HP (by 2 or 3) and allow for Physical Dmg to apply.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

moonangel

Post#6 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:57 pm

But Its ok for tanks to throw knifes to oil and do more dmg then SW 2 morale.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm

Is this on the bugtracker? I can't think of any reason physical ranged damage wouldn't affect oil.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fenris78

Post#8 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:09 pm

Ranged physical damage always result being "blocked" by oil. Only melee physical dmg works currently, and it is like that for as far as I joined, like at least 3 years from now.

I assume it is intended to avoid oil being insta-depop by anything in the field, thus favoritizing Destru a bit since magus is all magical, and Inge is not.

Ads
zij83

Post#9 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:22 pm

I'm not sure if this is on the bug tracker but it's worked this way as long as I can remember. I remember being so excited about being able to kill oil when I rolled a ranged SH only to be immediately disappointed lol.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:29 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:34 pm Is this on the bugtracker? I can't think of any reason physical ranged damage wouldn't affect oil.
When i asked about that 2 years ago torque said its working as intended