Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Pounce still worth it?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
PlagueMonk

[WL] Pounce still worth it?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:07 pm

Subject pretty much says it all.......is pounce still worth a spec point with no damage component?

Ads
ceramicartist

Re: [WL] Pounce still worth it?

Post#2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:57 am

Pounce is meant to get WL to its target. Of course it's still worth it...You're not picking up pounce for its damage.

CountTalabecland

Post#3 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:13 am

Yes, mobility is king
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Sofong

Post#4 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:18 am

lol really?

lyncher12

Post#5 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:56 am

personally i dont take pounce anymore since white lion already has other ways to get someone

Krima

Post#6 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:25 am

YEes!! its not worth using pounce!
Please remove from your bar.
Thanks
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

PlagueMonk

Post#7 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:40 pm

Sofong wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:18 amlol really?
Yes, really. It went from a pretty much 100% worth it to something closer to the 50/50 line, at least in my opinion.

As someone else mentioned, there are other ways for the WL to get to their target quickly (charge). I understand that mobility is important but is that first leap into the fray worth not taking another skill instead? Especially since if you pounce, you often are moving ahead of that tank guard and it takes your lion 1-2 secs to reach your position.

I also didn't say it was useless now, just if the nerf would make taking another skill more desirable. I was interested in others opinions.

Karl

Post#8 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:44 pm

Yep, worth it. Nerfed and not as good but still 💯 worth it!

Ads
phononHYPE

Post#9 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:18 am

I think about classes handling enemy a lot. As choppa, I has to run up. Me shammy, ranged magik and puddles to keep distance. I look at mara and they have pull. You NEED to be where your damage is best. I'd never spec GTDC if I could get Pounce (I'm 2h, but still).
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Josewales

Post#10 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:43 pm

Unless you think you are a choppa up front with guards and pockets heals spamming aoe...of course it’s worth it. I roam solo mostly and pounce gets to my kill fast, high tail it back to safety. Rinse and repeat.