Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] how is it going in city as dps ?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
anarchypark

[AM] how is it going in city as dps ?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:51 pm

hello fellow dps AM.
how are you doing in the city?

my healing services are done after rr7x
now i'm dps planning to farm city set.

so, my question is how did you farm sov as dps am ?

did you farm all the medals by healing
or stick to dps spec in city ?

share your experience plz except afk leeching.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Ysaran

Re: [AM] how is it going in city as dps ?

Post#2 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:26 pm

Ok, i'm not a dps AM but i would like to tell you a story. This morning i'v done a city (altdorf) and i was against some dps AM (there were 4 AM and at least 2 were dps, dunno about the others). They were squshy af and my choppa cut through them like they were wet paper. I was happy, easy win, lot's of royal meds for me.
So, the moral of the story is: keep play dps AM in city until i finish my sov on destru, then switch back to healing when i come back on order, since i have to get the sov on my order alts.
Zputadenti

paperclipdog

Post#3 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:31 pm

Dps AM and Shaman aren't that great in city from what I can tell. But maybe nobody's figured out how to do it yet. Some people on destro still refuse to take Magi even though we are extremely good in city if played properly.

PooDelivery

Post#4 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:51 pm

I can confirm Zputakatarros story and Paperclips attitude with this:

https://ctrlv.cz/E3ir

StrongUn

Post#5 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm

PooDelivery wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:51 pm I can confirm Zputakatarros story and Paperclips attitude with this:

dps am did more damage and kills than slayers... :? ROFL

PooDelivery

Post#6 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:06 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:01 pm
PooDelivery wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:51 pm I can confirm Zputakatarros story and Paperclips attitude with this:

dps am did more damage and kills than slayers... :? ROFL
Yea, mainly because slayers were up front so our MDPS could pick them off easily ( see deaths of slayers ) and AM was prettymuch in backlines ready to bail when §#!Tstorm was headin their way. ( Phase 1 )

And partially ( phase 1 ) we kinda overextended few times so they could muster some kills in backlines when we ran out of guards reach

Nosun

Post#7 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 pm

I pretty much healed in any premade i could into in invader until i had the 8 dps pieces i planned to wear most of the time. I love playing AM as dps but its not the best class for city imo because of being stuck in such small areas with not enough room to get away from the endless braindead one button choppas like the guy commenting above. :)

PooDelivery

Post#8 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 pm

Nosun wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:11 pm I pretty much healed in any premade i could into in invader until i had the 8 dps pieces i planned to wear most of the time. I love playing AM as dps but its not the best class for city imo because of being stuck in such small areas with not enough room to get away from the endless braindead one button choppas like the guy commenting above. :)
We could be talkin about Slayers and their rampage(which prettymuch turns em into a same thing as you pointed out above afterwards ), but it would turn into a flame pretty quickly.

Main point is that if you are RDPS and you are in a solid group, you can dish out prettymuch a lot. Those Order lads mentioned on the screen, they did not have that, so AM there was prettymuch left to his own devices since most of the group was prettymuch most of the time on the run or awaiting respawn. So your liability depends on team you are in and organisation. As healer prolly you would fit in better, since healers are most needed class and guys around you prolly would think of you as healer unless you state at begining that you are DPS.

Ads
mathousalix6

Post#9 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:45 pm

anarchypark wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:51 pm hello fellow dps AM.
how are you doing in the city?

my healing services are done after rr7x
now i'm dps planning to farm city set.

so, my question is how did you farm sov as dps am ?

did you farm all the medals by healing
or stick to dps spec in city ?

share your experience plz except afk leeching.
Healing AM is preferred at cities. Even though it's not considered the best healer , with the right positioning and constant moving sometimes it is doing equal work to that of RPs and WPs or sometimes better.
No organized wb will accept a dps AM because they are very squishy and can be deleted in a few secs. You can join a pug wb in city as a dps AM but expect some private messages that involve flaming :P
Dps AM is made for solo roaming or having a SW duo in RVR.

I would suggest you respec to healing when city occurs so that you can farm your royal crests! The insta rez tactic is also very critical and many organized wbs will need you to play with it

Sofong

Post#10 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:00 pm

theu r great, just hope order city wb get more dps am to replace slayer bw.