give wl dw or remove the pasiv form book

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nundir

give wl dw or remove the pasiv form book

Post#1 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm

Hi i find it wierd that wl have a dw pasiv in there skill book but no way of using 1 hand axes thx to they are for dwarfs. was it somthing that mytich wanted for them thx to the mirror classes and dident get implemented thx to EA rushed the game. I understand that lorewise it dont work thx to wl are suposed to have 2h axe. just find it wierd that sm can use snb when they also are suposed to use 2h acording to lore.

what do you guys think wuld it work for wl to have dw or wuld the class loose to much dps for it.

Ads
Bowldancer

Re: give wl dw or remove the pasiv form book

Post#2 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm

I think it does not suit them.
Lore aside ( I am still sad WL did not become the tank and SM the melee damage dealer ) -
I assume there are no animations for dualwielding.
I would rather contemplate giving dualwield to SW.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

knick

Post#3 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

[Kraehenfeld] Knick WL RR85+

nundir

Post#4 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:05 pm

the character in those pictures are a named hero and he had dw as a model becasue of the rules he had in the tabeltop game and i totaly agree that sm shuld be the dps class and wl the tank

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:13 pm

I think there was DW for WL for a while in RoR, long time ago.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#6 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:00 pm

It would be a huge buff to WL (since DW is inherently far superior to 2H) so ehh....

Plus, it would require such a whole revamp of all quest rewards, epic items, PvP items etc.

leondre25

Post#7 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:08 pm

thats alot of effort for a bit of style points. if you want to buff WL. just buff his skills directly. dont have to add a thousand new items and weapons. imagine how the WL with the fort or BL weapons would feel if they had to go out and get the 1h versions of them.
#1 Kisser Boy
English can be hard for me. i apologize.

Whyumadbro

Post#8 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm

the one set for the wl is so sick!

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#9 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:35 pm

nundir wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm Hi i find it wierd that wl have a dw pasiv in there skill book but no way of using 1 hand axes thx to they are for dwarfs. was it somthing that mytich wanted for them thx to the mirror classes and dident get implemented thx to EA rushed the game. I understand that lorewise it dont work thx to wl are suposed to have 2h axe. just find it wierd that sm can use snb when they also are suposed to use 2h acording to lore.

what do you guys think wuld it work for wl to have dw or wuld the class loose to much dps for it.
What would WL actually gain from DW? Do you have a reason for asking besides 'because'?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Grock

Post#10 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:55 pm

Bowldancer wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:40 pm I assume there are no animations for dualwielding.
There are actually, dark elves use the same skeleton and both races share animations, so SW/WL would have same anims as DoK

Some special ones might be missing though - like the whirling axe spinning
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)