Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Whispering Wind problems

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aethilmar

Re: [SM] Whispering Wind problems

Post#71 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:26 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm SM has the same mechanics as BO, and is basically the same class. BO has option for more raw damage, SM gets a lot more spirit damage. Chosen/BO is meta on destro side. same goes for order. Its not just the WW buff that makes SM meta, lol.
Out of curiosity what else makes SM "meta"? I am truly curious b/c when I join a premade for city as a WW Shieldmaster nobody says anything about any of my other abilities but they are very, very, very interested in me firing off WW every 20-24 seconds.

And nobody cares about me joining when I'm in 2-hander mode unless they are desperate for a guard.

Ads
Foomy44

Post#72 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm SM gets a lot more spirit damage... Its not just the WW buff that makes SM meta, lol.
Ah, that explains why I constantly see WBs asking for Ether Dance spec SMs. Everyone knows when you're picking tanks that their DPS is top priority.

/s
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Detangler

Post#73 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm

Oh lordy, some real upset folks here. There are a plethora of abilities that SM and BO get that are warband and small scale useful.

What is is that the BO gets that the SM doesn't that makes BO oh-so-meta and the SM is trash? Cause that's not the only reason for a BO...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Foomy44

Post#74 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm There are a plethora of abilities that SM and BO get that are warband and small scale useful.
As opposed to the tank classes that have no abilities? Everyone is aware SM has other abilities, but if you take away WW then the other 2 order tanks offer more to the group in most situations which makes your claim of "Its not just the WW buff that makes SM meta, lol." absurd.
Destro: Chompy, ShroomStew, TrollBlood, DoomBeast, DoomDoctor, DoomDisk, Doomshadow, FunkFoot, Bloodwell
Order: Stormwall, Mistfall, CatNap, BoomRune, Bangman

Detangler

Post#75 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 am

Foomy44 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 pm There are a plethora of abilities that SM and BO get that are warband and small scale useful.
As opposed to the tank classes that have no abilities? Everyone is aware SM has other abilities, but if you take away WW then the other 2 order tanks offer more to the group in most situations which makes your claim of "Its not just the WW buff that makes SM meta, lol." absurd.
So its a perfectly fine tank with plenty of utility and the option to ignore weaponskill and do some decent spirit damage support on builds if so desired (who actually wants to waste royals on going a boring full sov turtle build??), and this one ability - that I have expressed support for buffing to proc cooldown buff if defended - makes it over the top preferred over other tanks. Got it. :roll:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

teiloh

Post#76 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:45 am

SM damage is never significant in ORvR/cities, it's a non-factor, and their Spirit tagged abilities 90% of the time have lower tooltips than the BO equivalent.

detrap

Post#77 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:52 am

Nerfing chop fasta could be an option also, maybe reduce its range or make it on self only, but no one likes a nerf
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

detrap

Post#78 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:14 am

Aethilmar wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:26 pm
Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:31 pm SM has the same mechanics as BO, and is basically the same class. BO has option for more raw damage, SM gets a lot more spirit damage. Chosen/BO is meta on destro side. same goes for order. Its not just the WW buff that makes SM meta, lol.
Out of curiosity what else makes SM "meta"? I am truly curious b/c when I join a premade for city as a WW Shieldmaster nobody says anything about any of my other abilities but they are very, very, very interested in me firing off WW every 20-24 seconds.

And nobody cares about me joining when I'm in 2-hander mode unless they are desperate for a guard.
Your winds is crucial because choppa's give the group 20 seconds every 40 seconds of reduced cooldowns and the black orc 10 seconds every 20 seconds. For order it's all we have to barely compete with it. On top of Winds you have your knockback, aoe interrupt and aoe damage debuffs to counter their channeling and damage output of their blob.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads
teiloh

Post#79 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:23 am

detrap wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:52 am Nerfing chop fasta could be an option also, maybe reduce its range or make it on self only, but no one likes a nerf
Well, Knights were nerfed 20+ times so there is precedent :)

Charon

Post#80 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:24 am

Detangler wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:24 am
Foomy44 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:27 am
So its a perfectly fine tank with plenty of utility and the option to ignore weaponskill and do some decent spirit damage support on builds if so desired (who actually wants to waste royals on going a boring full sov turtle build??), and this one ability - that I have expressed support for buffing to proc cooldown buff if defended - makes it over the top preferred over other tanks. Got it. :roll:
Is that next troll post, do you even know what are you saying .............. No SM is not BO especially in wb (open builder or play sm at higher level) and if you gonna bring 2h dps sm out side maybe st pt in city you are idiot. Why, its simple SM does not have aoe dps (dont even mention Phoenix Wings)...almost non when BO can spam aoe all day long and use good m3 + silence at top of that during morale drop.

Btw nice atempt to derail topic ..its not about SM but Whispering Wind and maybe WAAAGH + MCht
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)