Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] Fresh 40/40, gearing tips

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bansheeking13

[SW] Fresh 40/40, gearing tips

Post#1 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Hello everyone! First forum post for myself here, so happy RoR is still alive and well and thanks to anyone who replies to help me out. Decided to get back into RoR after a hiatus and I'm looking for some advice here.

I just recently hit 40/40 on my main SW and I'm a little daunted at the prospect of trying to gear myself up when everyone else appears to have substantially better gear than I do. I know I already have a hard road ahead of me by committing to playing a SW but it was my main back when WAR was live. I already have a full Ruin set and the T4 epic quest Battle For Remembrance 1h Sword Beithir, a 39/39 Scenario bow, & the Winds Impervious jewelry set.

This didn't seem like terrible gear back when I was playing about a couple years ago, but now when I log in I feel a little overwhelmed at where to even start since I feel I can't compete or contribute like everyone around me.

Ads
Wuxi

Re: [SW] Fresh 40/40, gearing tips

Post#2 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:48 pm

bansheeking13 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 pm I already have a full Ruin set and the T4 epic quest Battle For Remembrance 1h Sword Beithir, a 39/39 Scenario bow, & the Winds Impervious jewelry set.

This didn't seem like terrible gear back when I was playing about a couple years ago, but now when I log in I feel a little overwhelmed at where to even start since I feel I can't compete or contribute like everyone around me.
That seems to be as prepared as you can be for a fresh rank 40.
Your first order of business should be getting to RR50. Keep playing oRvR to get your Genesis set, Subjugator weapons and maybe Conqueror, though you probably wont finish the set before hitting RR50 and unlocking Vanq from bags. 2 Genesis + Winds Impervious is a pretty strong starting point, giving you some Ballistic towards soft cap and a lot of defensive stats.
Vanquisher is the set that'll make you not feel like a burden. It has strong set boni and a good stat distribution and even if it doesn't compare to the raw stats of Sovereign you can now do stuff. You can wear the full set at 58.
With full Vanq you'll start working on your Invader set. You can also start working on your SC weapons. They are a big step up from Subjugator, but also a dead-end progression wise, since the best weapons are Bloodlord from the Bastion Stairs dungeon and the Invader weapons. Getting into as many fortress battles as possible while grinding SCs in between (preferably in a full premade) is probably the most optimal way to progress now, but you can play whatever game mode you want and still progress somewhat at this point.

/edit: I kinda forgot about PvE progression, but Beastlord is very strong entry level gear. The cloak/pocket item/jewelry in particular will help you for a good while. The beastlords are oRvR lair bosses with quests scattered around the world (Empire Ch22, 17, 16; Dwarf Ch. 19; Elf Ch. 16). They're not being run as much as they used to and you need a full group to kill the bosses, so I kinda forgot about them, but if you can find a group the set will help you a lot and 6 Beastlord/3 Conq/3 Winds Impervious (or Genesis if you want damage) into 6 Vanq/3 Beastlord/3 Winds Impervious or Genesis is probably the best you can do till Sovereign.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 am

bansheeking13 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 pm Hello everyone! First forum post for myself here, so happy RoR is still alive and well and thanks to anyone who replies to help me out. Decided to get back into RoR after a hiatus and I'm looking for some advice here.

I just recently hit 40/40 on my main SW and I'm a little daunted at the prospect of trying to gear myself up when everyone else appears to have substantially better gear than I do. I know I already have a hard road ahead of me by committing to playing a SW but it was my main back when WAR was live. I already have a full Ruin set and the T4 epic quest Battle For Remembrance 1h Sword Beithir, a 39/39 Scenario bow, & the Winds Impervious jewelry set.

Beastlord for 4 pc BS increase asap for all pre-bis gear.

Armor - Conq, then Vanq, and then 5 pc invader 2 pc conq (belt and boots). Offensive Sov with 2 sent (jewel + gloves) 2 triumphant (belt + boots) is your bis armor.

Weapons - Subjugator/Fortress is BiS for AoE. For St you want to get Bloodlord Bow + Fortress Falcata for ranged and swap them for ASW. If you like SC's they are great early on because of ranged power, AP, and Wounds (45 and 61 both).

Jewelry - Get 2 pc Genesis (Aspect and Remnant) ASAP (skip subjugator in purple bags if you can get aspect/remnant and still need it). Early on use Beastlord for your third and swap it with Sentinel when you eventually get it. For your fourth jewelry slot early get either Shadowed Amulet of the Fist (empire t4 orvr influence reward), Bloodmoon Shadowed Amulet (Bastion Stair drop), or buy an Exquisite Gunbad Sapphire (were 150g last time i checked this week on AH, the non-exquisite is like 2g and not bad). BiS will be 2pc Genesis, Sentinel Jewel, and Sov Jewel.

PvE dungeons are the fastest way to get decently geared time investment wise. Bloodlord is excellent gear and Sent Jewel is BiS. Bloodlord Weapons are BiS for main hand weapons.
<Montague><Capulet>

Celestine

Post#4 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:24 pm

Manatikik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 am
Offensive Sov with 2 sent (jewel + gloves) 2 triumphant (belt + boots) is your bis armor.
Hello, what about 5 warlord ? and those people stacking autohaste ? is it any good ?
I even saw someone doing 3 warlord, 2 off sov, 2 sent, 2 triumph

Manatikik

Post#5 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:54 pm

Celestine wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:24 pm
Manatikik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:49 am
Offensive Sov with 2 sent (jewel + gloves) 2 triumphant (belt + boots) is your bis armor.
Hello, what about 5 warlord ? and those people stacking autohaste ? is it any good ?
I even saw someone doing 3 warlord, 2 off sov, 2 sent, 2 triumph
Theres no point to stack AA haste on SW specifically. It was nice when warlord was BiS but not a strategy.

You can do whatever you want but just stacking BS bonuses super hard is silly since you dont struggle to hit it with only 2 mixes.
<Montague><Capulet>