Recent Topics

Ads

[Archmage] AM seems bad

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Krima

Re: [Archmage] AM seems bad

Post#21 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:50 am

Wraithedge wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:26 am Returning to AM and wow they seem like tissue paper now. Their heals do nothing. 1 WE just instagibs them. I used to be able to get away from them and make them pay for getting too close. Now they just blast me out of my boot before I can even cast a spell.
You doing something wrong.. U on 3k wounds? :lol:
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm

Schweedy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:38 am
Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:06 am
Spoiler:
Schweedy wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:25 am Shaman's [...] who happens to have a superior AoE detaunt ability than its mirror to begin with (10 secs and +5% disrupt as opposed to just 5 secs).
Both are detaunt last 10 sec and AM one can be enhanced to have very high uptime, due to short cooldown.

Sorry to break the news to ya buddy. It is "Shatterable" though, which doesn't necessarily make it all that much better. Just slightly.

While you are busy admitting, that you got some thing wrong, you can continue.
Let me ask you, do you play by tool tips or do you get your experience at first hand?
It's not my habit to write anything, when it's not factual true.

The AM aoe detaunt works like that. You detaunt someone, you get setback immunity for 5 seconds. The detaunt itself, which you can only see, if you actually hit someone with it, lasts 10 seconds.
The aoe detaunt duration is the same as for shaman, just the tooltip is a bit more clear to understand.

You are not the first with that misunderstanding, no worry.
Dying is no option.

Schweedy

Post#23 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:02 pm The AM aoe detaunt works like that. You detaunt someone, you get setback immunity for 5 seconds. The detaunt itself, which you can only see, if you actually hit someone with it, lasts 10 seconds.
The aoe detaunt duration is the same as for shaman, just the tooltip is a bit more clear to understand.

You are not the first with that misunderstanding, no worry.
Indeed. They should fix the tooltips, some of us modify our UI so much we can actually miss enemy debuffs for the sake of clarity and UI cleanliness.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60