Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] whats the point of SW?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tillirage

Re: [SW] whats the point of SW?

Post#71 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 am

Wait since when destro has healers?

Ads
Martok

Post#72 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:21 am

Wraithedge wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:59 am
Hodds wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:05 amBHA
Geshundtite

I thought this was funny.

As for SW's it is a viable class just shoot Broadhead Arrow in rapid succession and then jump away. Two button class.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sulorie

Post#73 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:30 pm

SW totally fine to roam with group and collect kills.
Dying is no option.

Sever1n

Post#74 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:39 am

Sw dont have a point now.
Asw - copy of wh/ve mechanic without stealt, vanish, antisnare, massdetaunt, finishers, kisses bullets and 8k hp in full sov gear with 3wounds bonus. And dont forget about m1 with no parry for asw. But it can shoot/have more armor in melle with shoting dmg of we trowingdagers, and armor that wint help at all. This not melle class its fresh meat. Forgot to mention that for having antiarmor mechanic like torments/pierces u need to waste tactic slot. WH/WE have ton of pierce and seals of destructions for free. Now scout spec u basically was nobrainfester bot von-fest-stun-chanell-execute. Got snare/stun u basically dead. For good geared char fester combo is like 40%of hp. Look at st burst sork/bw. U can do near 6k burst when sork can **** like 10k oneshots. Dunno why but festering after rework fell a lot weaker. That new insta shot is basically is basically 1sfa. Looks like scout is just cs bot. And as skirm sw u basically shitty enjie now. Or shity version of sw without speed buff/knockback. This is just feel so disappointing..... New patch didnt solve anything exept destro vining about bfa. We had 1tox abylity on dead class, now we have just dead class. If u want to make sw just forget and make other dps.

normanis

Post#75 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:09 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:42 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgreIiE46Xg

SW is great. Just 3 stacks of BHA (broadhead arrow) armour debuff and eagle eye if you have range and are staying put (scout stance u have 110 so more than enough) and if chosen is killing u with throw axe when u are playing one of the best kiting classes in the game it's learn to play issue not about sw itself.
best kitting clases is shaman and squig because they have speed bonus and pounce is nerfed
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ninjagon

Post#76 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:34 pm

Hmm, to the topic, i do not see the problem with SW, maybe at end game?

I have made a secret SW alt very recently and that character is pretty strong @T1 and T2/T3 SC (rank 31 only now).

I have no problem to kill 1 vs 1 any ranged class, including Sorc, Magus and SH - they kill me only if i do serious mistake or when they have backup heals and i don't.
Off course melee will take you down, if you let them, but you have tools to escape them (knockdown, snare, back-jump).
Some healers can outheal your DPS, but you are not alone in the world, right?
Be sure that it is very possible to end up as best DPS and DB on the SC table, even if you queue solo.

But i have no SW endgame experience, so we will see.
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

oaliaen

Post#77 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Player issue imo..ppl just want to press 1 button and win, just like BHA. SW is a very strong class but just like any other meele class you need to learn how to play it well.

Sever1n

Post#78 » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:33 am

/facepalm

Ads
Nezeb

Post#79 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:55 pm

BHA stacked?

Valarion

Post#80 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:33 pm

Wraithedge wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:08 am SH, Sorcs, Magus all have better ranged presence. Even a chosen can just axe throw you to death before you can kill him. Is SW not a ranged class? I might be playing it wrong. I was pretty sure it was a ranged class but maybe I should be spending more time in melee.

Right now I am in T2 and I am getting mangled in instants trying to stay at range. I also get murdered in melee but surely one of those is supposed to eventually work. Right?

SW is simply ranged support dps. Do not expect it to be full on burst or heavy dps and you will be fine.

Concentrate on ranged snare, ranged KD, ranged debuffing and assisting with team focus fire. Late game you can take on the role of primary dps with end game gear, skill, etc. If this bothers you (as it did me after playing a WoW Hunter and EQ Ranger), then you will need to either adjust your expectations or move to a different class.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted