Recent Topics

Ads

AM survivability

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Deadpoet

AM survivability

Post#1 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:19 pm

Hey, asking about heal AM survivability ingame I was advised futile strikes+trivial blows for renown and armor talis. I had always thought that FS and TB were mutually counteractive, and that armor on a cloth class with no tactics nor other inbuilt armor buffs would be easily negated by dps armor pen, and also many abilities ignore armor anyway. To that I was told that the less armor you get naturally from gear the more vital additional armor is. What do you think?

Ads
sogeou

Re: AM survivability

Post#2 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:00 pm

It really depends on your build for AM. I use gear to build out most of the stats I want. I put everything into survivability. AM's just have to give up more to survive unlike shaman or other healers. I have two different gear sets and builds based on chance to be crit and armor. Both work well, but you need to have correct gear just to make the class useless with having 3-4 people attacking you. Where other healers don't need to do anything crazy.

Alucard2010

Post#3 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:03 pm

Just reroll a shaman and get auto detaunt tactic and literally do the same as healing AM but better.

NSKaneda

Post#4 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:27 pm

800 willpower + 400ish toughness + max dodge&disrupt + futile 2 + strong absorb bubble game and AM can be at the second line behind tanks.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Toggle

Post#5 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:43 pm

NSKaneda wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:27 pm 800 willpower + 400ish toughness + max dodge&disrupt + futile 2 + strong absorb bubble game and AM can be at the second line behind tanks.
I’m assuming you’re going to need top of the line gear to approach those numbers? I’m in full vanq on my AM, and I’m not even close to that. Don’t think they’re super squishy though. Just need to pre-kite, pre-hot, use puddle, absorbs, KB, etc.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

NSKaneda

Post#6 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Well, my AM is in full conq, full genesis and working his way to anathema staff (subj right now). Does great in the lakes, fairly ok in scenarios provided I don't face BiS premade.
When I was in full devastator and later on in anni/beastlord mix I had to keep in 3rd line and only go to front to load up on morales (750WP, 300ish tough, max dodge&disrupt + some initiative back then).

You don't need sov to have fun...
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Yeah, never go TB+FS, which one is better is arguable. I tend to lean FS, but you can google for the in depth thread.
Armor vs toughness is also tricky and It's hard to get good data on, again Google for details.
With recent armor tali nerf and armor pen being high I'm leaning toughness.

I run 600 to 800 toughness and -30% to -35% crit (4 FS 120 tough renown, inspired by my buddy Amaryth), between detaunts, slows, AP drain, pots and 3600 m1 absorb, you should be as hard to kill as shamans, RPs and zealots.

4p invader with 4 sent or 3 vanq with any of the CT staffs should be a great midway point for you.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

NSKaneda

Post#8 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:04 am

BluIzLucky wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:44 pm I run 600 to 800 toughness and -30% to -35% crit (4 FS 120 tough renown, inspired by my buddy Amaryth), between detaunts, slows, AP drain, pots and 3600 m1 absorb, you should be as hard to kill as shamans, RPs and zealots.

Hot damn, 800 tough, -35% chance to crit... I'm surprised anything and anyone is even able to scratch you - those are deftard tank stats... I didn't even know you could get so low on a chance to be crit :shock:

Well, I guess as long as your Lambent Aura ticks for 500+ you've uncovered god mode build.

Ads
nat3s

Post#9 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 am

Max FS and DD, slot armour talis (aim for 3k+ armour). Detaunt as required and you're all set.

AM is just as tanky as Shaman (yes the narrative on here suggests otherwise, but they are misinformed AM buff campaigners). AM can go for the large M1 absorb, shaman can slot run away, but neither are as impactful as just having high hp, high disrupt, max FS and high armour.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Bozzax

Post#10 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:00 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:39 am Max FS and DD, slot armour talis (aim for 3k+ armour). Detaunt as required and you're all set.

AM is just as tanky as Shaman (yes the narrative on here suggests otherwise, but they are misinformed AM buff campaigners). AM can go for the large M1 absorb, shaman can slot run away, but neither are as impactful as just having high hp, high disrupt, max FS and high armour.
+1 solid advice

Imo Wounds is as good as armor tallies and DD is mandatory for ranked. FS IV …. always
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7