Recent Topics

Ads

War Lion Scaling

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Exsurge

War Lion Scaling

Post#1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:10 pm

Heya

So I just hit rr 60 on my white lion and I tried to find out how much stats my warlion gets from putting mastery points into Path of the Guardian, like the class changes state on the White Lion wiki:

Pet wounds, toughness, weapon skill, strength, and initiative are reduced, however:
Points in Hunter tree grant strength and weapon skill to your pet
Points in the Axeman tree grant toughness and initiative to your pet
Points in the Guardian tree grant wounds, toughness, weapon skill, strength, and initiative to your pet

So I let him get hit and auto attack the same mob both maxed out in Path of the Guardian and without any.

Shockingly the result was the exact same.

Also they are affected by AOE debuffs like the ones from Chosen but are not affected by the group buffs from knights and cant be target buffed by Rps which both are Group Buffs. The only two buffs the lion gets are the buff from pack assault which is also declaired a group buff in the tooltip AND for what ever reason the group buffs from Sword Masters like Nature's Blade and Phantom's Blade.

At this point nothing makes sense anymore, am I bugged? are they bugged? or am I missing something ?
I just find it kind of wierd that the class WHITE LION cant realy play the spec with the WHITE LION.

Anyway Id hope someone is able to shed some light on this for me, as I realy enjoy the game and I think the concept of the Guardian Path would make one of the coolest Pet classes I have ever seen in an MMO, if the Lion woundt be a bugged ball of fur atm and I am not even talking about the side ways running that doesnt bother me :).

Thanks alot for your time.
Greetings Exsurge

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: War Lion Scaling

Post#2 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:01 am

Pets used to get grp heals and grp buffs to them and all was good. Was changed so long ago that ive lost hope that wl pet espesially will ever be viable again. "
I just find it kind of wierd that the class WHITE LION cant realy play the spec with the WHITE LION." I agree 110 % and i quess we can hope it will be fixed/repaired to how it used to work but it probably wont.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Elemint

Post#3 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:27 pm

The wiki is not up to date and wildly inaccurate. Mastery trees don't give any extra stats to the pet, however they do increase pet ability damage in stance associated with the tree. The bit where the lion suffers a damage reduction if far away from you is also no longer true

Exsurge

Post#4 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:10 am

Elemint wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:27 pm The wiki is not up to date and wildly inaccurate. Mastery trees don't give any extra stats to the pet, however they do increase pet ability damage in stance associated with the tree. The bit where the lion suffers a damage reduction if far away from you is also no longer true
This point frustrates me by know, they REMOVED lvl scalling on pets ( you can read this in the patch notes) and INTRODUCED the mastery scalling. The stance stats where always there even when there was pet lvl scalling. You cannot remove a scalling add another one, then later on remove that one again and then go yes but there is a 3rd scaling ??? that makes no sense its always been there

Fenris78

Post#5 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:56 am

It is probably to balance the pet now using your renown spec as well (crit chances, str, WS, toughness, etc.).

Grummel

Post#6 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:37 pm

The problem with the white lion is that none of the paths really keep what the description promises. either one would have to really adjust the abilities of the trees so that the path of the hunter harms pet and character evenly and buffed and/or debuffed. ....the axeman's path which does damage to the character and buffs/debuffs the pet......and the guardian's path also really helps the pet do damage and keeps the character defensive....on the other hand you could just give the white lion /a debuff /an ae /a damage tree like with the barbarian. a solo damage tree like the hunter's path with 3 ae skills inside is stupid... just like the fact that you have to buy a hate reduction tactic in the path of the axeman that every other character has as a standard tactic. or a path in which the pet should do the damage but alone doesn't really do anything to an rvr opponent...
oh yes, as planned in the original, dual wild would still be an option

medvtank1

Post#7 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:50 am

The actual lion is rough to use. Useless in most situations (WB, Scs, Cities etc) anywhere that there is more than a couple of players using AOE. The lion dies so fast. Really only for Solo and small man play.

Throlla

Post#8 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:51 am

Your pet only do damage in Leonine Frenzy. with KD, LF you can kill some WE's before the KD wears off. Great utility for small scale/solo. Terrible for sc, wb, cities etc.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:01 pm

Grummel wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:37 pm The problem with the white lion is that none of the paths really keep what the description promises. either one would have to really adjust the abilities of the trees so that the path of the hunter harms pet and character evenly and buffed and/or debuffed. ....the axeman's path which does damage to the character and buffs/debuffs the pet......and the guardian's path also really helps the pet do damage and keeps the character defensive....on the other hand you could just give the white lion /a debuff /an ae /a damage tree like with the barbarian. a solo damage tree like the hunter's path with 3 ae skills inside is stupid... just like the fact that you have to buy a hate reduction tactic in the path of the axeman that every other character has as a standard tactic. or a path in which the pet should do the damage but alone doesn't really do anything to an rvr opponent...
Agreed, those trees are stupidest I ever seen, even more than the runi/zealot ones that are all messed up and making no sense... :/

You could also add the only mdps to have a outgoing heal debuff (instead of incoming), wich is on the 13th level (instead of the 9th), and cherry on top, need to be behind the target. I never understood why this is still a thing, especially after the big nerfs WL got last couple of years ago...

Ridiculous pet with unreliable pathfinding (even more now due to the recent change to avoid pets/npc going through obstacles), wich is not scaled to some skills (coordinated strike tooltip is showing ~50% more damage from the pet it actually does, even in Trained to Kill), no access to high weaponskill (making the armor debuff mandatory for all specs), and weak aoe capabilities with barely any reliable CC (wich are tied to unreliable pet for the most).

The issue is that pet got barely any tool on its own (yes a snare or a small armor debuff, depending of the training), and it's either a liability when quick reaction is needed (silence, kd, pull, all are tied to the pet being in close proximity of targets, wich is not assured), or a plain burden to the WL himself since it basically require two mandatory tactics just to make it functional (crit damage and pet speed), further reducing the offensive/defensive options of the class...

Omegus

Post#10 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:05 pm

Grummel wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:37 pm The problem with the white lion is that none of the paths really keep what the description promises. either one would have to really adjust the abilities of the trees so that the path of the hunter harms pet and character evenly and buffed and/or debuffed. ....the axeman's path which does damage to the character and buffs/debuffs the pet......and the guardian's path also really helps the pet do damage and keeps the character defensive....on the other hand you could just give the white lion /a debuff /an ae /a damage tree like with the barbarian. a solo damage tree like the hunter's path with 3 ae skills inside is stupid... just like the fact that you have to buy a hate reduction tactic in the path of the axeman that every other character has as a standard tactic. or a path in which the pet should do the damage but alone doesn't really do anything to an rvr opponent...
DW is just as bad as the class having a pet to begin with (up there with Swordmasters having shields...)

As for the rest of it: the class has been designed and redesigned and redesigned over the lifetime of ROR and is now in a very strange place design-wise (balance wise it's in a pretty good spot).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot