Recent Topics

Ads

Archmage Favorite Staff (for Healer)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BluIzLucky

Re: Archmage Favorite Staff (for Healer)

Post#11 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Asderas27 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:22 pm The Sight staff from C/T influence and Fortress Staff are BiS items
Yup, rest are subpar for various reasons.
SC staff has worse stats and no procs compared to fortress.
AP/sec would be nice if it always ticks, but it doesn't, you need to stop casting for like 0.5sec to get an AP tick.
Pilfer and the 800 hp/20 sec proc is also not great outside tanky solo, and you give up a lot to get what ends up being a tiny survival boost.

The Sight/Fortress + vanq 4p/ sov 7p = unlimted AP and faster casting proc
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Paxsanarion

Post#12 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Great stuff thank you all!

Cimba

Post#13 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm Yup, rest are subpar for various reasons.
AP/sec would be nice if it always ticks, but it doesn't, you need to stop casting for like 0.5sec to get an AP tick.
Pilfer and the 800 hp/20 sec proc is also not great outside tanky solo, and you give up a lot to get what ends up being a tiny survival boost.

SC staff is solid for 6on6 or smaller scale fights. I still prefer The Sight but getting value out of the +AP regen isnt really a problem when you mainly use hot, cleanse, ap drain, puddle, eov, etc

I would even prefer it over fortress weapon due to AP management issues. But thats just me. I just dont like running out of AP in high pressure situations.

Has anyone tested the Pilfer proc as a heal champ in cities? I think you could make an argument that there would be enough attackers over extended periods of time. Maybe even the offensive one, with AP proc on being hit?

yhani

Post#14 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm

sometimes when I run solo I use that +6 morale staff so I can have "oh ****" buttons or dmg from morale.

My current solo build:
RoR.builders - Archmage

radiant lance / heal...its quite fun
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Toggle

Post#15 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:27 pm

yhani wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm sometimes when I run solo I use that +6 morale staff so I can have "oh ****" buttons or dmg from morale.

My current solo build:
RoR.builders - Archmage

Having a hard time wrapping my head around that build. If you’re solo, why are you taking a tactic to make radiant lance an AoE?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

yhani

Post#16 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:24 pm

Toggle wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:27 pm
yhani wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 pm sometimes when I run solo I use that +6 morale staff so I can have "oh ****" buttons or dmg from morale.

My current solo build:
RoR.builders - Archmage

Having a hard time wrapping my head around that build. If you’re solo, why are you taking a tactic to make radiant lance an AoE?
I know I am probably only AM who uses radiant burst but I have good time with it. I dont have warlord etc yet so I mix with lower sets to get some INT.

a) i am not looking for 1vs 1. I see some big numbers when I hit that on enemy blob.
b) I rather have aoe than rotate between dots.
c) magic aoe is great with MotM and with choke points

so its "true hybrid" that no-one wants but who can do little bit something when played right....but most important thing is: its fun when playing alone
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

havartii

Post#17 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 am

Pick either dps or heal. there is no hybrid really.. you will just suck at both.. better to be good at one or the other to make the most impact imo
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

yhani

Post#18 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:30 am

havartii wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 am Pick either dps or heal. there is no hybrid really.. you will just suck at both.. better to be good at one or the other to make the most impact imo
thats why I said my big reason is that its fun. If you are not completely free kill you can help your side with some pewpew there and healheal here.

you can have both: "real" builds and weird ones. When I run with alliance I will use decent setup. When I want to play RoR but I need break from same-old-same-old
I try different things.

sorry about offtopic here. Maybe what I try to say here is...op: experienced players understand what is needed in competent fight but its alright to try something different.
Its your time. In the end this game is about reactions, basic math and team-skills
Vadhal - kotbs rr80+

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#19 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:24 am

Cimba wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:07 pm
Spoiler:
BluIzLucky wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm Yup, rest are subpar for various reasons.

SC staff is solid for 6on6 or smaller scale fights. I still prefer The Sight but getting value out of the +AP regen isnt really a problem when you mainly use hot, cleanse, ap drain, puddle, eov, etc

I would even prefer it over fortress weapon due to AP management issues. But thats just me. I just dont like running out of AP in high pressure situations.

Has anyone tested the Pilfer proc as a heal champ in cities? I think you could make an argument that there would be enough attackers over extended periods of time. Maybe even the offensive one, with AP proc on being hit?
Haha i thought you might interject with that, and yeah SC staff is definitely not bad (maybe BIS even) in small scale where willpower scaling heals are the majority, and running into AP drain comps are more likely so getting to 12 AP/sec allows you to mostly counter that.
It's generally also shorter burst periods than city/fort/keep so you get a lot more value from the AP/sec.

havartii wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 am Pick either dps or heal. there is no hybrid really.. you will just suck at both.. better to be good at one or the other to make the most impact imo
Please have at my hybrid guide here: Hybrid AM
Try it out, let me know what you think, and if you think doing 25% of the dmg of the top dps while being 2nd highest healer doesn't count as hybrid, I don’t know what does.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70