Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] 2h Regen build need input

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Throlla

[SM] 2h Regen build need input

Post#1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 am

Hi all,

I found my 2h sm beeing somewhat squishy and not quite hitting like a wet noodle, but close lol... anyways I now encountered in solo/skirming a few 2h BO's. I recon they are better geared, but I am amazed about their regen/beefyness and still doing quite some damage. Last one was Slapdud. tough as **** and hitting like a truck lol....

Is there a similar sm regen 2 build outhere? I can imagine they run x2 fleshrender maybe the new 80 hp pocket item*? maybe the natural regen renown tactic? wounds stance for the "heal" perhaps? which gear combo and weapon should I`focus on getting. atm im in full invader with warlord cloak + gem and 2h fort weapon.

all info regarding build gear combo, tactics and others regarding this will be appreciated! TY

Ads
normanis

Re: [SM] 2h Regen build need input

Post#2 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:43 am

black orc 2h can crit u 2k-3k while higest sm hit i seen is 200-300 . also sm lack double resist debuff like it wa son old war. 2h sm get nerfed while black orc got buffs.
i only seen dragonfang as good sm , so its good to ask tips from him.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:33 am

Throlla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 am Hi all,

I found my 2h sm beeing somewhat squishy and not quite hitting like a wet noodle, but close lol... anyways I now encountered in solo/skirming a few 2h BO's. I recon they are better geared, but I am amazed about their regen/beefyness and still doing quite some damage. Last one was Slapdud. tough as **** and hitting like a truck lol....

Is there a similar sm regen 2 build outhere? I can imagine they run x2 fleshrender maybe the new 80 hp pocket item*? maybe the natural regen renown tactic? wounds stance for the "heal" perhaps? which gear combo and weapon should I`focus on getting. atm im in full invader with warlord cloak + gem and 2h fort weapon.

all info regarding build gear combo, tactics and others regarding this will be appreciated! TY

RoR.builders - Sword Master Run with 2h that has pilfer and absorb procs. Why using full invader? Get STR bonus from warlord, sentinel and oppressor. Does SM sove get 15% crit dmg bonus If so def use 5 sove + 2 senti + 2 oppressor. STR talismans and Defiance liniment, obviously use parts with regen and melee crit/wounds/str etc useful one's=) Full Parry from renown, Quick escape and trivial blows to 24% which IS 34% with Defiance liniment. Use Nature's Blade.

RoR.builders - Sword Master If crushing advance didnt require shield this would be ah<3 But Start fights with WoH before enemy is in range to attack you and always keep Shock From Blurring shock up and then parry buff and Ether dance as much as possible. Potent Enchantments rules because it is fast dmg and can proc alot in short time. Obviously 80hp regen pocket as well. With 1-2 pieces that has regen and defi lini + BE you easily get 400 regen AND that 2h with pilfer proc for 150 heal/dmg is AMAZING.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Throlla

Post#4 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:30 am

Ty for reply,

@Sinister what weapon would you recommend then ? with pilfer/absorp.. does the BO equal to crushing advance not need them to use shield? pretty op if they can boost their armor like that lol :P

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:01 pm

Throlla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:30 am Ty for reply,

@Sinister what weapon would you recommend then ? with pilfer/absorp.. does the BO equal to crushing advance not need them to use shield? pretty op if they can boost their armor like that lol :P
Sentinel one with 150 heal steal called pilfer and 300 absorb procs on it dont remember the name. They cant i was just dreaming about removed shield req on it=) But SM's used to have Phantoms Blade 25 % chance on hit to absorb 'x' amount of dmg. It was imo even better than double spirit resis debuff with Woh and Nature's blade spirit debuff stacked. SM also had 500+ armour/5 Disrupt that stacked with pots or buffs.

Blorcs used to have great stuff too that should be back in game imo=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

tazdingo

Post#6 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:10 pm

both require shield. BO doesnt have to spec his armour buff but doesnt get the interrupt or block

Throlla

Post#7 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:24 pm

So I go trivial blows instead of Futile Strike... is this worth ? and does this count to other classes. just curious if im supposed to use this on my WP aswell :)

Sinisterror

Post#8 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:43 pm

Throlla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:24 pm So I go trivial blows instead of Futile Strike... is this worth ? and does this count to other classes. just curious if im supposed to use this on my WP aswell :)
With regen and 10% - Crit dmg liniment IMO yeah. It could Be 50 % - with renown for 45 points but with 34% WoP crits for 1k instead of about 2k. 120 nature blade free ini buff/debuff so it IS not hard to have 0% to Be crit as well but futile strikes def too cheap espesially witj nerfed CRIt amounts and how certain stacking rules work. Try Leading The Prayer tactic on book or shield. If espesially alot of melee chars in grp and it can be very powerful.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:51 am

Draugnir's End has the lifesteal/pilfer and absorb/barrier procs, which is nice, but bear in mind that it will only proc from direct hits (not parried or absorbed) and SM can have up to 80-90% parry with Vaul's Buffer behind it, it will have diminishing value, compared to other tanks that mitigate dmg more through armor, dmg reductions and toughness.

You can stack toughness, Trivial Blows and HP regen with lower parry and less absorb and it will do better (invader set pretty good for that), this will get much better with sov gear since it has way more toughness and armor.

Crimsonwind is another good option with the 10% parry proc if you face a lot MDPS (destro has plenty good solo mdps), which means you have some cover if your EF proc expires.

Otherwise any of the Oppressor 2H or Fort are also decent.

Personally have the most success with playing to the SMs strength, which is stacking avoidance while having absorbs behind it, Reflexes and DD are cheap makes your WoDS and VB more effective.
Yes, you won't be as tanky against direct hits, but you will have much more killing power which means you can finish others off before other arrive to help.
You are gonna die soloing regardless of what you do, even in BIS, play WE or WH if you want a solo first class.

You can try this (very nice with high => parry 5p bloodlord, 2-3p warlord (cloak+boots+ring)):
R70 - 13-12-0 - MDPS Dualist SM
With PB and if you proc VB at a good rate it will have higher HPS / absorb than PoH while freeing up a GCD every 10 sec.
The two last tactics are situational.

R70 - 13-7-5 - VB + PoH Bubble Master

I would take DO over PE against MDPS.
The last spot is whatever you prefer, if you go high parry I'd take Impeccable Reactions or Perfect Defense.

R70 - 13-0-9 - Cookie/Flexible 2H
This build provides you with a most of the tools you'd want, sacrifices bonus against MDPS to improve match up against other classes (RDPS).

And the actual build you were asking for.. :lol:
R70 - 0-11-13 - Bubble Regen Master
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

sharpblader

Post#10 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:24 am

Throlla wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:35 am Hi all,

Hi,

Seems like a gearing issue for the most part.

Unfortunately, for a successful 2h regen tank build, you need to have gear which allows you to be Offensive while maintaining good defensive stats which supplement your regen.

I've found that gear combinations below the 3pc off sov and 5pc warlord tend to lack in one of the three aforementioned areas. Either you become really squishy because most of your tali slots are invested in strength, or you lack the damage to bring down others in time. If you ignore regen and focus on offense and defense, your fights with dps classes can go well but you will lose to players running regen builds. Stacking only regen as defense doesn't help because without defensive stats and avoidance, dps classes will tear you apart with their high sustain damage.

Trust me when I say this. You will feel way stronger once you slowly start gathering pieces of your bis gear. Youll find that players who could easily kill you earlier, can no longer do so.