Recent Topics

Ads

Any reason to play SW over BW or WL?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ugle

Re: Any reason to play SW over BW or WL?

Post#31 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:24 pm

You would not fix anything with those suggestions.

Also merciless soldier literally says Swift strikes has increased crit chance along with the melee dot, which is fine, synergizes well with proccing bullseye.

Assault is fine, except for removal of broadhead arrow imo.

Powerful draw should be reverted to old version to buff range on skirm skills.
RKD should be reverted back to castable on the move.

Scout is fine, but extremly boring.

Skirm spec is the one hurting the most imo.
inactive

Ads
nailinthehead

Post#32 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:30 pm

I'm fairly new to ASW but what bothers me the most is that shadowstep in current state doesn't serve its purpose. In no way it can be used as gap closer as before you reach your target you are either slowed, or stuned or punted. Also flee is fast enough to prevent SS from reaching its target.

I'd suggest to either make the movement much faster and break slowdowns or give invisibility during the movement. Also, I believe it should work while in the air. If whirling pin can be stopped mid-flight by GTC why SS can't do the same when punted?

Fenris78

Post#33 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:38 pm

nailinthehead wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:30 pm I'm fairly new to ASW but what bothers me the most is that shadowstep in current state doesn't serve its purpose. In no way it can be used as gap closer as before you reach your target you are either slowed, or stuned or punted. Also flee is fast enough to prevent SS from reaching its target.

I'd suggest to either make the movement much faster and break slowdowns or give invisibility during the movement. Also, I believe it should work while in the air. If whirling pin can be stopped mid-flight by GTC why SS can't do the same when punted?
I agree with you ; infortunately there are technical limitation to movement speed (basically 60% speed is the max you can get without breaking things in the game, and shadowstep is a 60% movement speed already).

As you suggestions, they make sense, since in the lore you are supposed to "merge" with shadows and shortly disappear. An invisibility could be good, even to make enemy briefly lose your target, and will ad a bit to the defensive bonus without being OP.

Ninjagon

Post#34 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:10 pm

I have RR80+ BW and SW in "so called" BiS gear.

SW is more versatile but he does not excel in anything.
BW is more fragile and need better support.

Pure power? SW is nowhere near the power that BW possess!

If you wanna just play around, and support others, go for SW (and destro will love you).

Perfectionics, you should chose: Slayer, BW, WL (and destro will hate you).
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Sever1n

Post#35 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:30 am

SW situation just frustrating atm.

Nikademon

Post#36 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Can shadowstep also snare your target? 30 % for 5 secs...I dont know something like that. And maybe a speccable snare break in the assault tree.

Martok

Post#37 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:11 pm

Tanski wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:05 pmHave 65 wl and bw, but there is something appealing about sw to me even though I hear nothing but negativity about the class.

I am currently leveling my SW and having a blast. I know, right? Having fun playing this game? What a concept.

Seriously, it is a good class particularly with the right spec and rotation, for which I thank the Jedi Master for imparting his wisdom. Working on a video illustrating all of the above, out in a couple of days.
Last edited by Martok on Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#38 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:23 pm

nobody said feeding destro can't be fun

Ads
Fenris78

Post#39 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:14 pm

My Assault SW with 1100 DPS on constructs and 6k 3s burst doesnt feel bad actually... :p

gitonstrugle

Post#40 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:26 am

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:06 pm
- Make Powerful Draw a core tactic, wich buff all ranged attacks (to match the one from the SH)

Squig herder tactic sharpened arrers do not affect all ranged attacks like you say, the actual version match squig herder version. Shadow warrior one increase 25% armor penetration in skirmish path and squig herder one increase 25% only in path of big shooting abilities not in the other paths.

You can check it yourself in carrer builder
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... uig-herder

If you wanna talk about one tactic which affects all abilities from all paths, you should speak about shadowarrior bullseye tactic which affect crit chance from all abilities and is core, while squig herder version Shootin wif da wind only increase crit chance in skirmish path abilities only and cost 12 specialization points.