Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] DPS AM gearing after the warcrest patch

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
arxcaeli

[AM] DPS AM gearing after the warcrest patch

Post#1 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:35 pm

DPS AMs is the only class I have time to play, so...
What is the gearing path to sov gear now or is there other BIS gear? Can I avoid heal invader gear tier?

As I remember DPS AMs were not changed (improved) for last couple of years, and we all wait for some balance patch.
Should we wait for it or just go through heal invader gear to get sov?

Ads
Toggle

Re: [AM] DPS AM gearing after the warcrest patch

Post#2 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:17 pm

I’m not sure if you can “skip” invader. Isn’t oppressor the same as vanq? If so, you’re going to have to buy invader to unlock warlord/sov. But it’s not necessarily a bad thing. It’s a decent heal set, so it gives you the option to roam with small groups as a healer if you want to.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Omegus

Post#3 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:20 pm

You'll need an Invader-level set before you can buy Warlord/Sov. The Invader-level sets are Invader, Victorious (typically upgraded Oppressor) or Triumphant (typically upgraded Vanquisher). The rings in those 3 sets are not needed to unlock Warlord/Sov.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

arxcaeli

Post#4 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:20 pm You'll need an Invader-level set before you can buy Warlord/Sov. The Invader-level sets are Invader, Victorious (typically upgraded Oppressor) or Triumphant (typically upgraded Vanquisher). The rings in those 3 sets are not needed to unlock Warlord/Sov.
Didn't know that Victorious/triumphant unlock Sov.
Will take a look.

Thanks!

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:13 pm

arxcaeli wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:31 pm
Omegus wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:20 pm You'll need an Invader-level set before you can buy Warlord/Sov. The Invader-level sets are Invader, Victorious (typically upgraded Oppressor) or Triumphant (typically upgraded Vanquisher). The rings in those 3 sets are not needed to unlock Warlord/Sov.
Didn't know that Victorious/triumphant unlock Sov.
Will take a look.

Thanks!
No probs :). It didn't before but it was added in the War Crest patch as you can now buy them with War Crests (except the ring).
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Arrowen

Post#6 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:22 am

Does anyone have a bis list for dps am? I'm newish and I know it's a long wayu off but i'd like to plan it out!

Sulorie

Post#7 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:33 pm

Arrowen wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:22 am Does anyone have a bis list for dps am? I'm newish and I know it's a long wayu off but i'd like to plan it out!
Feel free to pick 5 sov and 4 ranked pieces, either with magic power or magic crit. Ranked body, belt and boots.
Dying is no option.

Toggle

Post#8 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:24 pm

Arrowen wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:22 am Does anyone have a bis list for dps am? I'm newish and I know it's a long wayu off but i'd like to plan it out!
I run 5 piece sov (boots, boots, belt, chest, back, and shoulders) and 3 piece warlord (glove, hat, and jewelry). Most have magic crit on them, except for (I think.) the sov chest and belt. Not really sure what the advantage is to running the ranked gear over warlord pieces since magic power only adds to dmg once your main stat (intelligence) is capped. Without doing the math, it looks like you're gaining (maybe?) the equivalent of 50 int? I don't know though, maybe Sulorie can provide an explanation of why it's better.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Toggle

Post#9 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:31 pm

Sulorie wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:33 pm
Feel free to pick 5 sov and 4 ranked pieces, either with magic power or magic crit. Ranked body, belt and boots.
Why ranked pieces over warlord stuff? And what's the 4th piece of vict you're running?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

BluIzLucky

Post#10 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:57 pm

Arrowen wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:22 am ...
Depends a bit on what you want to do, but they are all fairly close in power so no biggie..

Assuming you are fresh 40..
I would get Vanq first, this set mixes nice with Sent and you'll get the Sent ring and some decent free staffs like The Sight, on your way to pick up the Bloodlord staff.

If you already have Oppressor don't bother with Vanq (if you only care about DPS).

Get Victorious; no need for belt, cloak and ring to unlock sov, but every single piece is nice.
Body and ring will always be BIS so you'll have to get the ring at some point after getting sov.

Then I suggest getting into Warlord if you want flexibility, it has hybrid spec (EoV dps/heal, I use this to heal in everything except ranked, and maybe a rare 24v24 organised city), this set is also 25% cheaper than Sov.

And BIS for soloing is probably 3p warlord (ring,helm,gloves), 3p Victorious (ring, body, belt), 3p Sov Off (cloak, boots, shoulder), this can softcap wounds+int with a decent chunk of crit chance.

Warlord cloak, belts and boots are great for hybrid so you can go all way up to 5-7p without really wasting anything.

Then start saving for Victorious ring.
If you are able to pick up the LotD ring+cloak magic power set, maybe get the 3p sov off first.

I'm not a big fan of the 4p Vict bonus, if it had +130 int and ini then it would be awesome but with just ini.. it's a bit meh, but decent.
With LotD set you could go 3p vic, 5p war/sov 2p lotd + 1 ring.

If you are not considering hybrid/heal then as Toggle suggested, 5p sov off + 3p warlord, then eventually with vict ring into 5p-2p-2p. option.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70