Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Solo Build - help please

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abiksa7

Re: [WL] Solo Build - help please

Post#11 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:30 pm

Tanski wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:47 pm 980 str and 250 melee power isn’t deftard. If you run into lakes glasscannon with no baited trap or regen you are handicapping yourself for SOLO play.

As for the aoe dps loner build, whirling axe is mandatory for group/wb play as it is your burstiest aoe dps skill, but I wouldn’t take solo.
5 sov, 3 triumph, 2x flesh, grimshimmer?

Ads
abiksa7

Post#12 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 8:51 am

one more question :) how U play without speed training? caching gobbos without it is pretty annoying

Tanski

Post#13 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:48 pm

Yeah you could go 4 triumph for proc or run grim if you want, I’m running 5 triumph 3 sent 1 flesh and cnt wounds proc

You don’t need speed training tbh, shammies will still be slippery with it but they are the only ones I really worry about.

Against gobbos LOS them and pop out and snare BEFORE you pounce if you can and it will pretty much win duel, both classes have a “punt” , for
Sh it’s the pinwheel, and that’s when you will pounce. Against other classes it’s honestly not needed at all

Always have your pet on passive and manually command it will help too
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

abiksa7

Post#14 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:36 am

Thank You all for help :)

with Your tips i feel much more comfortable with my wl now :) build and gear is somehow ready.

Now i have to work on my rr build

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm

RoR.builders - White Lion Because Leonine Frenzy cant crit while being pet tree best skill and whole crit mechanic is based on pet it doesnt make much sense this way:E Also WL used to have silence which they should get back and replace Brutal Pounce as 5 point skill in Guardian so there would be a bit more build possibilities for WL.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

abiksa7

Post#16 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:57 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:59 pm RoR.builders - White Lion Because Leonine Frenzy cant crit while being pet tree best skill and whole crit mechanic is based on pet it doesnt make much sense this way:E Also WL used to have silence which they should get back and replace Brutal Pounce as 5 point skill in Guardian so there would be a bit more build possibilities for WL.
interesting build, i will try it :)

atm i have 2 main issues as solo wl :)
1) tanks
2) pet 'bugs' even if iam using it in best possible way

Mruvka

Post#17 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:32 am

Tanks are a big no-no: only if they are clearly undergeared (Vanq or Conq), and you still need to be very careful if you cannot visually discern tiers of destro tank equipment. Your prey is RDPS and occasionally overconfident MDPS.

I tried not using Speed Training for a while and the unpleasant reality is that it makes a lot of sense on paper, but not in reality.

All it takes is to run into one expert kiter like Frozenover in Praag or a some other high-level SH or Magus - it is a sad and frustrating death. You can never kill a decent Shaman without Speed Training.

Even with Speed Training you still have to come up 'clever' ambushes (it is really just hiding behind corners :D ) and exploit field of vision to get close and personal. Even still top destro RDPS often have the wherewithal to stun/stagger/slow your pet, and if you blew your Cleanse (Feline Grace) too early, you are toast.

Even if you are not that concerned with kiters, you still need to worry about the occasional pathfinding problems, which Speed Training solves a lot of times.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Panzer80

Post#18 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:55 pm

abiksa7 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:32 pm thank You. So tough/wounds/regen build is no longer viable? or just str dps is better?
It's very viable. In guardian you get a toughness buff, so stacking with that, and stacking regen with the tactic work well. You will walk on SH, Sorcs, detaunt and laugh at WE's and Troll tanks in endgame. Use your pet to create space for regen effect. Strength dps, you'll just melt if your KD fails and have to be a tryhard and guzzle pots, or two or more players show up (which is always). However, I have not played my WL in months, and I understand things have changed, but that's how it used to be 4 months or so back. Some classes Devs just won't stop messing with.
Nihrandil [SM] 84, Arendollus [WL] 83, Caelroran [SW] 56, Thaler [WH] 82, Tionac [AM] 54, Hocke [Kotbs] 51
Gilgamash [BO] 82, Kaylor [Mara] 82, Gobsmack [Sham] 63 Jockitch [SH] 55

Ads
Aeternam

Post#19 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:06 pm

Is there an issue with Furious Mending tactic ?
I don't get the heal though my pet does...

abiksa7

Post#20 » Sat May 28, 2022 8:17 am

Aeternam wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:06 pm Is there an issue with Furious Mending tactic ?
I don't get the heal though my pet does...
it works properly.

Back to the main topic:

after weeks of testing still cannot decide which build is better to go. When iam regen, i feel very often that i lack a little dmg to win a duel or kill before friends arrival. On the other hand when i go for full crit and dmg, i feel very often that surviving few sec more could secure kill too :P

But more complicated is to pick tactic setup.

Tbh very often i think about going for different class but iam giving my wl "last chance" over and over again and still trying to master this class.