Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Solo Build - help please

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abiksa7

[WL] Solo Build - help please

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:15 pm

i had very long break with the game. Iam back but have no clue about current wl state :P
I play mostly solo so i would like to ask about current best solo roaming build.

Can someone link builds, renown, tactics, gear & stat target please :) I will be so grateful :)

Ads
normanis

Re: [WL] Solo Build - help please

Post#2 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:43 pm

i am not the best byt this should work for solo
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4265,4275
about gear i dont know your level and rr. talismans go all str (can some wounds in axe )
from rr 2-3fs ,crit and parry. from axes hard to say all of tham are very good just some are betetr for their purposes. at moment fort axe is bis. try mix gear for boost str and wounds. 6k wounds walking around is very low
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

abiksa7

Post#3 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:32 pm

thank You. So tough/wounds/regen build is no longer viable? or just str dps is better?

Tanski

Post#4 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:56 pm

RoR.builders - White Lion

This has been working well for me, running vanq/sent mix, will be in triump/sent soon, still mostly offensive but with a lil regen in there, also have regen pocket from dwarf city and am running +110 wounds proc weapon from CNT. I see a lot of wls running fleshrender rings so if you can get your hands on them that would also be great.

Also I think not going into hunter is just bad because that is your burst, abilities scale off mastery, you also need FO to shred armor.

Lions fury tactic makes it hit like a truck and extra 1300 ish ability to squishies in your rotation, something to consider.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

facundo7777

Post#5 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:44 pm

Tanski wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:56 pm RoR.builders - White Lion

I see a lot of wls running fleshrender rings so if you can get your hands on them that would also be great.
shouldnt wl hit like a truck with burst instad of regen now? i mean get some futile strikes and nice wounds to survive for example we opening and then 1 shoot enemy :)
i don't see how regen wl should work now?

Tanski

Post#6 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:02 pm

Nope, for solo you need the regen, and the toughness for ttk and armor/disrupt from baited trap.

I promise you, you won’t just derp around lakes “one shotting” good players. Detaunt pretty much nullifies your burst. And mdps and tanks have a ton of parry and regen if solo.

Currently I have about 200 regen and 980 strength.
I still hit plenty hard with that build, once your 60 take echoing because without it you won’t be able to beat choppas without interrupting their heal channel.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Mruvka

Post#7 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:56 pm

Long-time solo-roaming WL here, this is the build I use:

RoR.builders - White Lion

Feel free to use Flanking instead of Tearing Blade tactic, if you prefer it. You get the best of all three trees + Throat Bite which can be very useful and at least partially negate the need for heal debuff, if you have the misfortune of fighting a healer.

The build requires +2 from the Pridelord Sovereign set. Personally I combine with three Sentinel pieces - Steelhelm, Wristguards and Lionmark as well as standard equipment - Bloodlord Greataxe, Exquisite Gunbad Diamond, Bloodmoon Lionmark/Rough Gunbad Ruby. You can also go for three pieces from the Triumphant set instead of Sentinel - there are some very good options, if you are not committing to Critical Chance like myself.

Regarding the regen/deftard build - it is a meme build that requires no skill and falls flat on its face the moment you are not in a 1v1 situation. It also locks you completely out of group play. It gives you no extra edge compared to burst builds, it just makes you kill things slower, which is a big no-no for a character like WL with no reliable means of escape (unlike WE/Wh, who also have a heal ability, which WL does not have). It is only good against other regen/deftard builds.

Experienced players will figure out your strategy almost immediately (3 skills into rotation at most) and will just slow/stun you, detaunt and disengage until you run into a warcamp or some other players at which point you are dead. Even if you do manage to get a kill by some miracle, nobody will come back to where you were last spotted with your troll build - better yet, they will come with a buddy and farm you for fun.

The elegance and power of the WL is in the burst damage and the ability to chase down and dispatch quickly. As any good solo roamer will tell you, the quicker you kill your target the better - lest a destro warband comes around and bashes your skull in because you needed 5 minutes to kill a RDPS.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

abiksa7

Post#8 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:23 am

Thank You so much ;)
One more question to Tanski & Mruvka.

can You provide link to rr build too? i would love it ;)

and last general question:

i saw on youtube that some wl was going solo with hunter spec to WA and WA tactic + guardian stun. It looks good for combined type of play but i assume it is bad for solo ye?

Ads
Mruvka

Post#9 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:46 am

Hello @abiksa7

This what I use for Renown Abilities considering I am carrying an Exquisite Gunbad Diamond for Reduced Chance to be Crit:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;2;3;0;0;0

The diamond provides enough defensive perks to allow you to get 4 levels of Opportunist. If you do not have access to the diamond, I would recommend this build:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;2;4;0;0;0

Regarding the WA/AoE build - use it for cities and warband play, not very helpful for solo. I think this is what most people use:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4256,4265

Personally, I use a special AoE build since I am not a fan of Whirling Axe as a skill. I find it clumsy, unreliable, AP intensive and can get you in trouble as you aim to get the best positioning possible to trigger it.

I prefer using Slashing Blade for AoE, combined with Tearing Blade tactic for DoT damage and Primal Fury for flanking. I have found it to work better for me in terms of damage output and utility. Of course, other people might disagree, but here it is anyway:

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4256,4258

No need to majorly tweak your renown abilities for the AoE build - defense is a priority, unless you have items to help you with reduced chance to be critically hit.
Titillation - 82 RR WL
Shibboleth - 81 RR WP
Mrun - 20 RR IB

Tanski

Post#10 » Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:47 pm

980 str and 250 melee power isn’t deftard. If you run into lakes glasscannon with no baited trap or regen you are handicapping yourself for SOLO play.

As for the aoe dps loner build, whirling axe is mandatory for group/wb play as it is your burstiest aoe dps skill, but I wouldn’t take solo.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am