Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Advancing stance bars doesn't work?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Momekic

[SM] Advancing stance bars doesn't work?

Post#1 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:36 pm

I haven't played my SM in a long time, well long before any of the recent patches, but from what I remember the skills advanced the main bar between 3 actions bars. You would start on Normal stance, it would change to Improved, and then move to Perfect. Right now, I hit a Normal stance ability and it moves to Improved, but none of the Improved stance abilities will work. I hit them but they just don't fire and thus I cannot move to Perfect stance.

How does this work now? Can you still advance bars for the stances like this?

Ads
Aethilmar

Re: [SM] Advancing stance bars doesn't work?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:23 pm

Momekic wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:36 pm I haven't played my SM in a long time, well long before any of the recent patches, but from what I remember the skills advanced the main bar between 3 actions bars. You would start on Normal stance, it would change to Improved, and then move to Perfect. Right now, I hit a Normal stance ability and it moves to Improved, but none of the Improved stance abilities will work. I hit them but they just don't fire and thus I cannot move to Perfect stance.

So stances should just work with a vanilla UI (no mods). If they don't, you probably need to repair or download the client again.

That you mention hotbars switching makes you think you are using a mod. I would try disabling it to see if it works vanilla and then go from there.

Omegus

Post#3 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Momekic wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:36 pm I haven't played my SM in a long time, well long before any of the recent patches, but from what I remember the skills advanced the main bar between 3 actions bars. You would start on Normal stance, it would change to Improved, and then move to Perfect. Right now, I hit a Normal stance ability and it moves to Improved, but none of the Improved stance abilities will work. I hit them but they just don't fire and thus I cannot move to Perfect stance.

This was never built into the game for the Swordmaster. You need to use the PlanB add-on for it.

When NerfedButtons was banned, PlanB got (partially) caught in the crossfire. If you were using the "hidden" ability pages 6 and 7 for Improved and Perfect (a common config) then now they can only be swapped into the first action bar.

The latest version can be downloaded here if you don't have it, and in the comments is the chat command to properly set it up to rotate action bar 1 between pages 1/6/7 depending on balance: https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/planb/
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Martok

Post#4 » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:42 pm

Plan B works well enough. No SM should leave home without it.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...