Recent Topics

Ads

{Sword Master} 2 Handed Sword Master Guide

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Aethilmar

Re: {Sword Master} 2 Handed Sword Master Guide

Post#11 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:30 pm

Gbennett wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:24 pm As I understand it as an SM I'll be expected to slot Whispering Wind in groups. What should I sacrifice for this? Does anyone have a tinkered build they'd mind sharing for WB play?
If you don't have a +2 Khaine/+2 Hoeth on your armor set, then I wouldn't bother going WW with 2-hander. You will be much more effective as a ShieldMaster and it has some very nice utility (interrupt/punt).

However, this is kind of the base template for +2 (imo). From here you have 1 point to play with. You can go BA for "dps" or BoH for more endurance/utility or CW for the KD or what have you. Also swap between Bellow (WB) and Bladeshield (roaming/solo).

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... 890&t=2890

I have all my tactic presets filled in with various combinations depending on what I am doing.

Ads
Szeff

Post#12 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:00 am

Aethilmar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:30 pm
Gbennett wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:24 pm As I understand it as an SM I'll be expected to slot Whispering Wind in groups. What should I sacrifice for this? Does anyone have a tinkered build they'd mind sharing for WB play?
If you don't have a +2 Khaine/+2 Hoeth on your armor set, then I wouldn't bother going WW with 2-hander. You will be much more effective as a ShieldMaster and it has some very nice utility (interrupt/punt).

However, this is kind of the base template for +2 (imo). From here you have 1 point to play with. You can go BA for "dps" or BoH for more endurance/utility or CW for the KD or what have you. Also swap between Bellow (WB) and Bladeshield (roaming/solo).

I have all my tactic presets filled in with various combinations depending on what I am doing.
So does this mean that we need to run WW with shield unless we have the +2, or are you saying that with a 2H setup before that point to just stick to a Khaine-centric build?

Aethilmar

Post#13 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:20 am

Szeff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:00 am
Aethilmar wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:30 pm

So does this mean that we need to run WW with shield unless we have the +2, or are you saying that with a 2H setup before that point to just stick to a Khaine-centric build?
Whispering Wind is the reason why SM are wanted in warbands. Period. The other stuff is "nice to have" i.e. you are replaceable by any other tank.

Assist damage is the reason to bring a 2H SM and for that you need Etherdance.

And without the +2 you are stretched very thin getting WW and ED b/c you also want PoH for a lot of reasons.

OTOH you can go Shieldmaster and have WW and utility in lieu of decent tank damage at least until you have all the things to make 2H SM w/ WW comfortable.

All that said, try things out for yourself. I didn't like 2H /w WW until I got my full off Sov then it got fun again. YMMV though.

Cyrylius

Post#14 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:58 am

Case in point, every SM build benefits greatly from so +2 mastery path bonus. Still, if you just play SCs and want to be tanky and have WW there is option to just spec full right tree with leftover points into left one and slot 2H. It's not a good build, as you sacrifice the main advantage of SM and lose single punt, but there's no point to build tanky in SCs. Possibly playing with a group that requires WW badly (can't give you any examples from the top of my head) or doesn't expect you to have to peel for heals.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

HarkonenTimber

Post#15 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:13 am

A tank without KD (even the shitty SM one) is unacceptable, be it in city, 6-24 man roaming or sc's.

BIS gear for 2h SM:
Cloak, belt and jewel from victorious
rest offensive sov for the +2 khaine mastery points
2 genesis (the one with str+3%parry and the one that gives initiative)
All str tallies plus wounds one in weapon (bloodlord or sc weapon).
+6% parry talisman in the triumphant ring! Dont you dare slot the +4% crit, you are a tank first!

Build:
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2864,2862

Renown:
4FS
4Parry
2Mcrit

You can live without the PoH if you tackle the muscle-memory a bit (ofc PoH = required when gearing up since Protection is still by far the best statistic to score bags on, and along with Raking Talons its our best way to get ahead of IB and Kobs).

Note: you can switch around Isha's protection and EA if you want, but Isha scales so well if you have great healers I highly recommend it for group play. EA does spirit damage, scales with strength and can crit each tic! By far better for ST pressure then the other 2 core dot tactics at this point.
Last edited by HarkonenTimber on Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doyoustretch - BO

Szeff

Post#16 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:11 pm

HarkonenTimber wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:13 am A tank without KD (even the shitty SM one) is unacceptable, be it in city, 6-24 man roaming or sc's.

BIS gear for 2h SM:
Cloak, belt and jewel from triumphant
+6% parry talisman in the triumphant ring! Dont you dare slot the +4% crit, you are a tank first!

Build:

Renown:
4FS
4Parry
2Mcrit

You can live without the PoH if you tackle the muscle-memory a bit (ofc PoH = required when gearing up since Protection is still by far the best statistic to score bags on, and along with Raking Talons its our best way to get ahead of IB and Kobs).

Note: you can switch around Isha's protection and EA if you want, but Isha scales so well if you have great healers I highly recommend it for group play. EA does spirit damage, scales with strength and can crit each tic! By far better for ST pressure then the other 2 core dot tactics at this point.
right now my SM is only RR 51, currently running 5pc Conq, 4 pc Beastlord with Redwind or smuggler sword for weapon

Would this build be the best option for me (https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2890,2888) until I get to to the sov+2 or do I give up everything to have just the WW+PoH+GWM?

HarkonenTimber

Post#17 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:17 pm

Szeff wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:11 pm
HarkonenTimber wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:13 am A tank without KD (even the shitty SM one) is unacceptable, be it in city, 6-24 man roaming or sc's.

BIS gear for 2h SM:
Cloak, belt and jewel from triumphant

Build:

Renown:
4FS
4Parry
2Mcrit

right now my SM is only RR 51, currently running 5pc Conq, 4 pc Beastlord with Redwind or smuggler sword for weapon

Would this build be the best option for me (https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,2890,2888) until I get to to the sov+2 or do I give up everything to have just the WW+PoH+GWM?
Too be honest mate I would not recommend 2h SM until you have full bloodlord from Bastion Stairs. Then work your way to what I posted earlier. Renown just do FS until no points left and then fill with parry. At rr65 you get full fs and full parry which will give a noticable survivability boost. After that farm last 15 for 2 melee crit.
Doyoustretch - BO

Allonairre

Post#18 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:40 am

Sorry to have left this so long and sorry to Vegeta for hijacking is thread.

If I am using WW and ED then I use x (6 or 7) piece sov buff for 2 extra Path of Khaine steps, DPS and regen is lower but the benefit to my group is more than worth it. I don't bother when pugging. It also means I don't take Protection of Hoeth bubble so I can get both the Khaine Tactics and the KD. I don't really like speccing like this but it is probably best for group.

Thank you all for the help my dps is going a bit better now as well having dropped WW and Wearing Warlord Chest and Boots, LotD Cape and Medallion (Melee Power) Strength/Regen fleshrender Rest Off Sov. ED will crit for 800-1000 and I have seen Auto attacks over 1k as well... in lakes tough not vs training dummy.

Ads
gerard86

Post#19 » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:52 pm

hey guys are the career builder links not working or am i not using them properly ? when i click them only a grey screen loads and the url shows.

chookette

Post#20 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:38 am

hi i am new and i would like to know when should snb be favored at 2am and vice versa. I play in a 6men with knight, wl, slayer, rp and arc.