Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] question of a padawan

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
chookette

[WL] question of a padawan

Post#1 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:19 am

hello i am a young padawan from wl (lvl32). I was able to read different posts on the choice of specialization however I can't quite understand them. I play single target with the guardian path.

I see specializations based on the hunter path with auto attack. I tried but I don't understand the point because I feel like I'm hitting less hard, having less burst and losing CC.

My level may not be sufficient for this route? do you know of a post that gives the advantages and disadvantages of each path and the level required to play them? thank you

Ads
FinduilAsuryan

Re: [WL] question of a padawan

Post#2 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:47 am

I´d second you there. Guardian is the thing for you if you play solo and maybe up to small grps. (Hunter: Armor debuff for max efficiency)

Hunter in my eyes is for sustainable ae damage.
Finduil WL 40 /81
Hakatri SM 40/80
Alqua AM 40/69
Xinduil SW 40/54

chookette

Post#3 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 am

i'm interested in sc or 6v6 gameplay and i think guardian is good but my lion in melee dies too fast

Ashoris

Post#4 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:12 am

stay with Guardian for a while - its less equipment dependent than other paths because a good chunk of dmg is done by the Pet.

The dead pet is an issue and always will be. AVOID the blob .. wait a little bit and try to "snack" either an overexting enemy melee dps, a flanking gobbo - or pull something to you.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Tanski

Post#5 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm

For ST RoR.builders - White Lion

Use lions fury tactic if ww sm in party

For solo RoR.builders - White Lion

For ST, full crit, 2-3 fs, rest in str once u get gear so u can take another tactic besides bf,

for solo, 3-4 in fs, rest in crit and parry

AOE
RoR.builders - White Lion
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

chookette

Post#6 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:19 pm

Tanski wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm For ST RoR.builders - White Lion

For ST, full crit, 2-3 fs, rest in str once u get gear so u can take another tactic besides bf,

AOE
it's nice but I'm not 40 and I'm not in a hurry :) I imagine that your board requires good equipment.

Tanski

Post#7 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:28 pm

chookette wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:19 pm
Tanski wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:10 pm For ST RoR.builders - White Lion

AOE
it's nice but I'm not 40 and I'm not in a hurry :) I imagine that your board requires good equipment.
Well yeah WL is a mdps, mdps are hard scaling, instead of linearly scaling like rdps you really do exponentially get stronger with gear/renown.
Stick out the WL, I promise you wont regret it, its a very fun class and you can find a role solo roaming, in ST grps (mostly just roam/scs, the pet dies
too much to be taken in city or sweaty sc grps), or as aoe spec

BTW most of your consistent dmg comes from autos, WL autos hit ridiculously hard thats why the +50% speed tactic is so crucial
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

chookette

Post#8 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:45 am

and from what level of stuff is it interesting to switch from the guardian path to the hunter path?

Ads
Lithenir

Post#9 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:11 am

Personally I wouldn't switch to hunter, it's only worth if you play in a WB and need to do AoE. Also your pet really hits like a wet noodle if not on "Trained to kill".
From a small scale, sc and solo perspective here is what I run mostly.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4265,4252
This build is for grp play, when your tanks/other dps can kd and you can focus on dps.

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4252,4264
And this build is for a more solo playstyle or simply just for hunting caster/healer. You can switch Lionheart for Speed Training. In fact I have many tactic sets to switch easily.

chookette

Post#10 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:00 am

ok reading you as long as I don't have a group better stay on the guardian lane. after hunters or axes.

Thx