Recent Topics

Ads

X-Realming is Good for the game.

Let's talk about... everything else
Ainu

Re: X-Realming is Good for the game.

Post#151 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:31 pm

Let me offer a soft solution of this problem.

As we know, the only trouble in x-realming is in oRvR. Farming PvE or even play scenarios does not affected by x-realming. And we all know, that total lock of one side for each player is not impossible - so it only means, that the only result of possible lock will cause decrease of players population. There are reasons why I offer my soft solution - try not to harm a lot, but find a way to improve oRvR situation.

So, let player who switched sides get a special buff. Shown to all/to this player only/hidden - it does not matter really. Duration of this buff is discussable - 1 hour, for example. This buff cannot be cleansed, and gives to a player the only restriction: in RvR zone that player becomes chicken.

By this, winning side cannot be forced by x-realmers, but this buff is not enough reason to create whole new account for play other side.

I also strongly recommend to implement this system (if you agree) softly. With release, duration of the buff should not be long, 30 minutes for example. When people get used to it, increase the timer gradually to any value.

Gradual, progressive changes is the key to solution. Not hard locks. Consider it.
Eversong

Ads
Sera

Post#152 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I don't give rats ass about realm pride, so does Blizzard. They simply did not want to deal with the whiny kids - like you whining here in this thread. Angry kids start talking all kinda crap and they get so butthurt, that they smash keyboards, go on rage-trip and to manage It you need to hire lots of GMs, that costs lot of $.

This whole lock to faction thing is nonsense, It was in live as well. People just bought and paid more accounts and played on the side they wanted - prolly this was the ONLY REAL REASON why Mythic did it, to cash in more.

One hour, or even two hours of lock after switching sides is acceptable.
If you screw this up, you're not loosing just small amount of players, this may as well kill your game.
Sera

Druin
Former Staff

Post#153 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:21 pm

PartizanRUS wrote:
Morf wrote:
PartizanRUS wrote: I see hard try at analysis of people you don't know nothing about. I was playing Only Order from day 1. "Go play wow" is a hard counter for "fun" mentality. Me, I never take advice from players with NB, so don't waste your time.

So the reason you disagree with me is because i put 2 dots on 1 key with NB to make up for playing on a laptop with no mouse, glad we cleared that up :roll:
No its because I think that you are cancer, and I just didn't want to break rules.
Here you go, I said it. They probably will delete this post.
Keep up saying stuff like that and you won't be able to post at all in the future.
Pretty much always afk or tabbed out.

magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#154 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:37 pm

PartizanRUS wrote:
Morf wrote:
PartizanRUS wrote: I see hard try at analysis of people you don't know nothing about. I was playing Only Order from day 1. "Go play wow" is a hard counter for "fun" mentality. Me, I never take advice from players with NB, so don't waste your time.

So the reason you disagree with me is because i put 2 dots on 1 key with NB to make up for playing on a laptop with no mouse, glad we cleared that up :roll:
No its because I think that you are cancer, and I just didn't want to break rules.
Here you go, I said it. They probably will delete this post.
No, I'm banning you for 3 days. Have fun!

odapain

Post#155 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:41 pm

hi all, i glanced over most of this thread but skipped most as it was just bashing or nonsense but anyway i thought about ways to address such issues what about an overhual to AAO like something they did with wintergrasp in wow with increasing dmg and defense ? doesnt need to be alot or can scale with the gap in players ect ?

like at 400 aao would be 20% dmg increase 20% dmg decrease idk something like this would imo help with keep defense to encourage fighting ? sorry if something was allready mentioned :P

Ghostweed

Post#156 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:07 pm

I dont really get u ppl. Why do u argue? This game doesnt have any area where one faction can get upper hand. Keeps? Yeah right, 2 hours of doorhammer and aoe/GH spam for what? Gimped reward and some medals. The most precious thing from bag is gold (for endless respecing) and green craft containers (for that special moment :D). Oh I forgot u get RP too. RP is close to useless in the game as u need endless count of hours to grind from lvl 40 to 50 for what? Better armor (not present ATM) and few stat points.

Good thing about WAR was there was little need for gear/lvl as this game was originaly skill based. This have changed due to the lack of pop (and greenhorns especial). ROR changed WAR to gear based game as every little edge u can get counts in this "veteran player" enviroment.

As u have changed the idea of the game fundamentaly (can be still reverted with introduction of more content) the "Grinders" started to become a problem. Grinders gona grind no matter what, but luckily there is no area of the game where they can spoil the game for everone else. The only "grinder" or "xrealm" friendly area is the keep - to be honest let them, its boring, its zergy and u still need wb for that juicy RP influx.

In this state of the game (ALPHA) XRealiming is good as one can test/play out/experiment on almost everything and provide feedback to devs/post on github.

TL;DR it ALPHA gits :)

(will not ever play as stuntie/shinie, they smell funny)
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Fistindavion

Post#157 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:28 pm

Well Ive read a lot of posts on this topic. I do think the x-realming that goes on where people just switch to get free renown is rediculous. Now I'm not against playing both sides , but there is a line. If you want to play one side then fine that's great. I'm destruction to the core and always have been. Now playing both sides so you can tell your buddies where everyone is going or where a small group is so you can ambush them is just plain wrong. There used to be a lock out. it doesn't have to be as long as it was. I think if theres a lock it will mitigate the spies that just give their buddies info , why because there will be nothing in it for them. I think an rvr lock if possible may be a good solution. like a debuff for 30 min that reduces all rp income by half. or no rp for an hr if the realm they switched to is not receiving aao.. That way those who are using the system to exploit it will be deterred from just switching based on whose winning. I know this is a nightmare to code , as well as a lot of people don't agree , that they should be able to play what they want when they want, but Ive seen a lot of detrimental things because of x-realming to the point of lack of trust to even tell the warbands where theyre going in the zones or what objective theyre going to.

Trivium

Post#158 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:45 pm

I agree. There's nothing wrong with it. If someone's not happy and doesn't feel like playing on that particular realm, they should be able to change it without getting crap about it. I personaly don't find Order fun and will probably stick to Destro, but when I'm bored, I wan't to have the option of trying something else and keep the "flame" alive.

Ads
Blackstone

Post#159 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Genisaurus wrote: High and Dark Elves vs Empire and Dwarves vs. Chaos and Greenskins
While certainly lore breaking, another approach would be to create three new factions and allow the player to join one at character creation; race doesn't matter. Keeps and such would need to be neutralized. Perhaps permit PVP in the PVE areas (tier bolstering ineffect). Once joined, new characters locked to that faction. Then all of this business of wanting to enjoy all classes is served, and the realm hopping eliminated. Warcamps and cities would need options. Rough idea.

Akalukz

Post#160 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:15 pm

people x realm / don't fight in the lakes / zerg / blah blah blah, it's the same inherent problems of live. renown chasing is all fine and dandy, but a lot of folks just like to fight and kill. They don't even mind dying if they have a chance to kill. IMO put some stats on AAO, not just renown/exp buff. Put a heal bonus or a heal debuff on it, make keep doors "smaller" when there is a large AAO difference, restrict bypass, give the underdog side a chance and reason and hope to rally, the champion system was a good idea on live, jsut poorly implemented, there are several things that can be done. Xrealming is a meh topic, it was extremely common to be in the same vent server/channels as your opponents. I don't like xrealming, i don't like the ability to play both sides. I can see the draw for people that do though. Figure out a way to get people to fight, especially when vastly outnumbered and you will fix the problem.
-= Agony =-