Recent Topics

Ads

Best way to play dps WP?

Let's talk about... everything else
sablasni

Re: Best way to play dps WP?

Post#11 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:56 pm

best way to play WP is to heal...unless you want to DPS PVE...for that i guess its perfect

Ads
Blorckever

Post#12 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:03 am

I play my WP dps like this im 40/40 just roaming in praag i can 2v1 easy if there is no sorc magus squig on both but mara choppa we are nice and easy target for you. More hardest on tank is BO chosen can be killed but not whitout effort =) .

http://waronlinebuilder.org/#career=wp; ... :4159:4169:

And my renown spec :
http://waronlinebuilder.org/#renown;000 ... 0000000000

I have 50% chance on parry 3% chance to be critik and a nice amount of armor .

Gachimuchi

Post#13 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 am

best way to play dps wp is to equip a book and a one hander and go heal spec so you actually live long enough to hit something and people might even guard you
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Dabbart

Post#14 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:33 am

For the record, all of the people saying you should just heal are correct. That is the "best" way to play a WP, and a well played WP directly leads to the survival and increased DPS of the rest of your group, so that is the right answer to this thread.

For the purposes of Fun however, I think the OP shouldn't look towards the "best" way, and just tinker with posted builds until you find something that you enjoy. Against a decent group, you will always feel useless. They will melt you the moment you get into range, or just kite you and laugh as you can't out-heal a DoT. You need a group and a gaurd. But even then, players are hard-wired into targeting healers as a priority.

I had an idea for a mid-line healing WP, using a hander just for the free AoE detaunt. Stacking armour talis, reduced crit+parry on RR, and full cast-heal tactics. It kinda-works when you are in the thick of fighting, but once you are ~65ft from the nearest enemy, or on ORvR with lots of movement and wide open fields of battle, you are worthless.

You'll find builds that you enjoy, I suggest you play those. But if you ever want to be the "best" or simply considered good, and not just good "for a melee WP" then heal. If you want DPS, play a DPS class. Until then, just respec often and try out new things. Test your attack chains in PvE to see how your AP works out, and practice swapping targets and detaunting distanced enemies.

Gl and HF!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:46 am

if the healdebuff is eventually moved to 50, and some wrath skills are given armor ignore components/a better execution move, then this will become very big funs.

gotta play around with 40 WP a bit more and see what it's lacking.

Blorckever

Post#16 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:18 pm

After try Soulfire suck like hell 2 sec casting whitout to do nothing = nude target easy kill and Guilty Soul isnt usefull atm because low % of critik the best way is to take just Sigmar hammer as finisher and other mastery point on Grace .

Sera

Post#17 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 pm

...is to heal on it and support real DPS in killing.
Sera

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 pm

Blorckever wrote:After try Soulfire suck like hell 2 sec casting whitout to do nothing = nude target easy kill and Guilty Soul isnt usefull atm because low % of critik the best way is to take just Sigmar hammer as finisher and other mastery point on Grace .
thing is guilty soul does actually hit relatively hard if you're with a SM/KOTBS, and procs easily when using smite.
soulfire should have no casttime, but this discussion must wait until balance forums are out.

Ads
Culdu

Post#19 » Mon May 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Again several people yelling for more dmg / more offensive usage of wp. Sure why not, but then some of his defensive/grp abilities should be nerfed(or just have dok on both sides........). I see the problem, that dok could take a dd spot, and wp not. With his more defensiv/grp options he should take a dmg-healer spot, but the healing/usage is not enough. 1 healer 1 melee healer worked quite ok in t3/lvl35 but allready tried a bit in t4 there is sth missing. For later balance discussions, a style which cleanses your defensiv target and a long cooldown str based cast hot would help a lot.

But ... 95% of ppl see it as melee dps with selfheal and play the charakter exactly that way... so the people just cry that they don't deal as much damage as a full dd. My Dok never dealed that hard hits full dds did on live .. therefor u can meleeheal and rezz and .... get used to it.

*Not saying that there shouldn't be little adjustments, for example sigmar's shield. But what people are crying here for again is just GIMME OPnes.... makes me wanna puke

Greetings Starilas

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Mon May 23, 2016 5:02 pm

1) you play a dok, which is 10x better than a WP for dps. the topic doesn't pertain to Grace WPs (exclusively) - they can perform their role somewhat well, i.e. that of a MELEE HEALER, keeping the group up (still needs some work, imo). this topic is talking about Wrath/DPS WPs, and they most certainly DO need some love: if you think otherwise, I implore you to try it and bring it into a 6v6 environment/emulate the same results you get on your dok
2) what more defensive/group options does the WP have over the DOK, aside from a wounds buff that can be shattered? Devour Essence on its own elevates the DOK over the WP to such a degree that its not even funny - don't even get me started on the snare procs, or the fact that procs trigger a lot more on a dok!
3) just to reiterate: grace = the melee heal spec, and wrath = the DPS spec. the OP is asking how to play a DPS WP and whether or not it is viable.