Recent Topics

Ads

Starting up a new server.

Let's talk about... everything else
Luth

Re: Starting up a new server.

Post#41 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:08 am

Genis and Yaliskahs posts should get their own locked thread and be linked in the download descriptions. :mrgreen:

Ads
Uliss

Post#42 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:29 am

And server is dead again. It's off for like 15-17 hours every day, this is beyond frustration. :(

Eathisword

Post#43 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:20 am

Luth wrote:Genis and Yaliskahs posts should get their own locked thread and be linked in the download descriptions. :mrgreen:
Agreed. I was kinda moved by both posts. Managing projects like this can take its toll and the bigger it gets, the heavier it becomes. I've had some similar experience in the book publishing business... and it can get to a point were it sucks big time.

At first, its really cool, you feel some creative freedom and have tons of ideas. Then as more and more people depend on you and want more and more, you feel more and more compelled to do things in a different way. You begin to feel trapped in your own bloody project... and that sucks... to a point where people starts to quit.

So honestly, if taking the server down for 1-2 months would help fix stuff, you should do it. I will get shot for saying that, but it could give the devs a break from dealing with all of us, relieve some pressure, and get things moving. Imo, it is a preferable outcome than having some key people quit.

We've all ''waited'' 2 years without WAR at all. Think we can live with a couple of months downtime.

@OP, creating a new server... bad idea. You don't fix broken things by adding more things to fix. The cleanslate trope is dumb, it only works in bad american movies.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Tesq

Post#44 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:38 am

still pretty sad for US player, that ping must kill them, maybe it could be in future a way to track a faster network route for us player they can use to play on ror.

wender88

Post#45 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:38 am

Fiddlehero wrote:
Genisaurus wrote: that one Turkish blackmailer who thinks he can do a pretty good impression of somebody he's never heard speak.
What would a Turkish blackmailer want?
Hummus!
Kenzing - Specialneedz

Eathisword

Post#46 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:43 am

Tesq wrote:still pretty sad for US player, that ping must kill them, maybe it could be in future a way to track a faster network route for us player they can use to play on ror.
Well I play from Canada and the ping isn't that bad. On the good days, I have a ping of 95 in RoR. Comparing to Trion games, based in Texas iirc and Blizzard with the server in LA, where I had a ping of 70 to 80. Not much difference.

West coast players might have it a bit worse, but not by that much.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

CMDSkyfallen

Post#47 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:46 am

^ +1
Wondering the same, I haven't been able to logg on all day now.

Sera

Post#48 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:42 pm

Tesq wrote:still pretty sad for US player, that ping must kill them, maybe it could be in future a way to track a faster network route for us player they can use to play on ror.
I played on US based servers in several games for over 10 years. NEVER had any issues in any MMOs casue of my ping was 50ms, or even 100ms more than the latency of NA players.
This ping stuff is just an excuse.
Sera

Ads
Corvineus

Post#49 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:00 pm

What Sera said. Half my guild on Badlands were Americans playing the EU servers. They had "some" issues but they were really inferior, if there are MS issues, It's likely to affect both EU -and- NA players.

Creating a new server is a horrible idea atleast until the developers can officially state that they have no major issues left to fix, and that they're happy with the current content.

It's fairly ridiculous the amount of issues are involved in a new server. Pick literally any game-aspect and all It's associated subjects and you can start ripping the weeds out, very slowly. (Not always the case but mostly).

saupreusse
Developer

Post#50 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Corvineus wrote:What Sera said. Half my guild on Badlands were Americans playing the EU servers. They had "some" issues but they were really inferior, if there are MS issues, It's likely to affect both EU -and- NA players.

Creating a new server is a horrible idea atleast until the developers can officially state that they have no major issues left to fix, and that they're happy with the current content.

It's fairly ridiculous the amount of issues are involved in a new server. Pick literally any game-aspect and all It's associated subjects and you can start ripping the weeds out, very slowly. (Not always the case but mostly).
There will ALWAYS be something to fix or change. ^^