Recent Topics

Ads

Noobie asks: Which side is in need of which roles?

Let's talk about... everything else
blaqwar

Re: Noobie asks: Which side is in need of which roles?

Post#21 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Stmichael1989 wrote:
blaqwar wrote:
Stmichael1989 wrote:Order really does need tanks. Knights are really good right now, but I've found that there's not enough competent sword masters. A good sword master right now is an excellent shock troop that helps put pressure on Destro and make them play defensively rather than set up shop and start freecasting. Or if you can find a slayer friend to duo with, go iron breaker and ruin everything.
Read "Swordmasters who perform the role of a strong DPS tank by guarding, CCing, shattering and applying pressure" and not "Swordmasters who pretend they're melee DPS". Just to be clear on what the term "good SM" means. :P
I actually prefer a SM who leaves the CC to someone else. Nothing infuriates me more than some idiot running in and spamming their AoE knockback for the hell of it while giving everyone I'm trying to punt free immunity.
I meant silencing with WW and knocking down with CW, using the slow and AoE root, taunt to interrupt resurects, using Dazzling Strike on healers and definitely not spamming the AoE knockback, I thought it was common knowledge that Gusting Wind was bad outside of very specific situations. Sorry I should have been more specific and written relevant CC.

Edit: And specifically because I was talking about a decent player you wouldn't get into a situation where that person would be using abilities in a foolish/unoptimised manner, so your point is moot. :)

Ads
Luuca

Post#22 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Hermundure wrote:I dont have a preference and woud be happy in helping filling a gap :-)
too many gaps for you to fill. Play what you like, roll a bunch of alts if you are undecided. T2 & T3 are miserable while leveling - just a heads up.

blaqwar

Post#23 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Luuca wrote:
Hermundure wrote:I dont have a preference and woud be happy in helping filling a gap :-)
too many gaps for you to fill. Play what you like, roll a bunch of alts if you are undecided. T2 & T3 are miserable while leveling - just a heads up.
They are only miserable if you are a US-timezone player. It has been a very enjoyable experience for most of my characters except for a short period before the T2/T3 merge in November/December. Recently there's been plenty of PvP and some PvE activities going on in EU primetime stretching into the beginning of US primetime.

BrownStar

Post#24 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:59 pm

I'm US Central time Zone and have zero issues leveling in the combined tiers. It took me a couple of days to get to t4 on my chosen but that was during the Xmas break so I had plenty of play time. My bo hit level 16 last Friday, I should have him raady to farm ruin gear before the weekend with zero pve. Not quite as active as T4 but not too far off.

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#25 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Luuca wrote:
T2 & T3 are miserable while leveling - just a heads up.
I have to disagree, Luuca. Have you been in t2/3 during NA prime time lately? There's almost always a full wb running around and the leveling is fast. I had to debolster last night to be able to continue to play with my guildies and I'm seeing more and more people in the combined tier each day.

Serbiansword

Post#26 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 pm

A healer or a slayer (if you want to play order) would be nice. I think that order has enough tanks at the moment (a lot of KotBS running around, myself included).

tazdingo

Post#27 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Serbiansword wrote:slayer
what kind of masochist would do that to themselves
you basically need a guild to sponsor you rolling a slayer past t1

HeroesFall

Post#28 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:04 pm

What's the issue with rolling a slayer?

I'd consider that my first choice for Order, followed by IB and WP.

Ads
Serbiansword

Post#29 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:16 pm

HeroesFall wrote:What's the issue with rolling a slayer?

I'd consider that my first choice for Order, followed by IB and WP.
Well the biggest issue is that you need to be babysitted all the time because you will be target #1 for destro. Guard and healers on you all the time or you will be dying non stop.
So, push your way into T4, find a guild and get yourself some nice premades going. I'm always up for some slayer guarding :)

worship

Post#30 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:31 am

What's the situation in T4 rvr during EU prime-time?
From the population stats i see that T4 is more or less equal in terms of number of players, but which of the sides being pressured more, due to the more premades/better coordination on the enemy side?