Recent Topics

Ads

scenario cannon damage/range

Let's talk about... everything else
Luuca

Re: scenario cannon damage/range

Post#11 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Osred wrote:Several times we've had the enemy tank grab the artefact and just run to their spawn, the cannon just makes things worse when trying to get it back.
Ive had a similar experience in MT on both accounts. Perhaps if the team is holding the bauble within 50 feet of the spawn, their cannon doesn't function?

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#12 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Yes, cannon damage can reach the second to last flag, closest you orders spawn in BFP- I died while flipping the flag to a 3.6k hit. This and other over reaching siege cannons could be fixed by simply moving the siege cannons and placing barricades to block LOS so they can only hit directly in front of their spawn-however I'd much rather see an invisible wall and a one way portal liken to eternal citadel.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:16 pm

The cannons do get brutal. Especially when they can shoot on the OBj... still better than being camp spawned every other SC. I thought about it the other day, and I can't think of a better solution...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Sulorie

Post#14 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:03 pm

How people are spawn camped in praag, when there are 2 exits?
The cannons almost hit the flag and this is definitively no spawn area.

The main problem are people who fail to look on the map.
Dying is no option.

Dabbart

Post#15 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:14 pm

Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote:How people are spawn camped in praag, when there are 2 exits?
The cannons almost hit the flag and this is definitively no spawn area.

The main problem are people who fail to look on the map.
I agree. Similar to keep attackers being funneled instead of using the open posterns.

You can still camp well enough on Praag though(w/o cannons). The side exits will let you come from a different angle, but the main exit and Left side can be covered from same spot, and the full flank is A, time consuming, and B, you'll be spotted coming up. That's just map design and having 18v18 though.

I always thought MKT should only give points if you are inside or on the stone surrounding the temple. Once you leave the temple proper no more points, just damage. Or, just increase the damage taken the further you are from the center.

Same for most SCs, I know I am not the one putting in the time to code these things, but solving a perceived issue with mechanics that favor fighting over somewhat cheese is always my preference..
Semi Derailment...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

adei

Post#16 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Maybe it will be changed in the future, maybe not. Locked.