Recent Topics

Ads

New Fortune Set

Let's talk about... everything else
Grolar

Re: New Fortune Set

Post#11 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Wargrimnir has mentioned the difficulty in getting this armor set in the patch notes. Best of luck getting it. You'will be in the less than 1% :D
THUMP - "MEDIOCRE!!" ...Who's laughing now?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#12 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:53 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
freshour wrote:
Yup, I agree. I'm sure it will eventually have its drop chance tweaked because currently it seems kinda crazy low. But it is fun to have another set to farm for since I generally do quite a bit of PVE to tali up friends/guildies. It's also cool to have another reason to get gold again!
Yes, see heres my problem with the rare fortune set; which I already voiced to wargrimmer earlier, its supposed to be an “introductory” t4 set much like ruin, its no where near as good as the other established RvR and SC sets.

Its very rare to get drop in pve and so in the AH it will go for very high prices both of these factors: rare and expensive are anthesis to the purpose of the set which is designed for people just entering t4

Why bother with a set that’s expensive and hard to get when you can just farm ruin; whose defensive set is kinda superior vs higher geared players,while grinding out superior rvr and sc sets
Do people intentionally butcher my name in a mocking manner? I've never understood that. I mean, I could understand if it was done in speaking, where that extra syllable wouldn't roll off the tongue as easily, but it's text. Just spell it like it is?

I could respond to the rest of it, but I think I already have a couple times. Lower your sodium intake, friend. It's just pixels.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#13 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Grolar wrote:Wargrimnir has mentioned the difficulty in getting this armor set in the patch notes. Best of luck getting it. You'will be in the less than 1% :D
Other set names were

Lucky Trump
Farmers Gold
Blatant Duper's
of the Exploit Discoverer
etc etc...

/s

freshour
Banned

Post#14 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:01 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Grolar wrote:Wargrimnir has mentioned the difficulty in getting this armor set in the patch notes. Best of luck getting it. You'will be in the less than 1% :D
Other set names were

Lucky Trump
Farmers Gold
Blatant Duper's
of the Exploit Discoverer
etc etc...

/s
LOL - I hope you guys keep this up though. Maybe Lucky Trump can be used for a 2-3 pc crit set???? :P just offering suggestions. Don't mind me, don't mind me.

Dabbart

Post#15 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

If only PLing didn't get mega nerfed, people might actually use/attain this set a bit more...

I doubt the drop chance will ever change. Remember, they said they will be adding it to PQs as rewards as well(eventually). That'll help attaining it a LOT.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

freshour
Banned

Post#16 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:17 pm

Dabbart wrote:If only PLing didn't get mega nerfed, people might actually use/attain this set a bit more...

I doubt the drop chance will ever change. Remember, they said they will be adding it to PQs as rewards as well(eventually). That'll help attaining it a LOT.
Oh that is cool!!! Yeah I like it being super rare. It might even make me play my BO to farm on again. I semi retired him after the arena mobs were disappeared. But man was he a lot of fun!!! I'm weird though, I love PVE :P

Collateral

Post#17 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:33 pm

I love good PvE, but I just despise farming :P I realize these sets are not supposed to be farmed, but it seems it will be the only way to obtain it through PvE, or at least the quickest ofc.

TenTonHammer

Post#18 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:34 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
TenTonHammer wrote:
freshour wrote:
Yup, I agree. I'm sure it will eventually have its drop chance tweaked because currently it seems kinda crazy low. But it is fun to have another set to farm for since I generally do quite a bit of PVE to tali up friends/guildies. It's also cool to have another reason to get gold again!
Yes, see heres my problem with the rare fortune set; which I already voiced to wargrimmer earlier, its supposed to be an “introductory” t4 set much like ruin, its no where near as good as the other established RvR and SC sets.

Its very rare to get drop in pve and so in the AH it will go for very high prices both of these factors: rare and expensive are anthesis to the purpose of the set which is designed for people just entering t4

Why bother with a set that’s expensive and hard to get when you can just farm ruin; whose defensive set is kinda superior vs higher geared players,while grinding out superior rvr and sc sets
Do people intentionally butcher my name in a mocking manner? I've never understood that. I mean, I could understand if it was done in speaking, where that extra syllable wouldn't roll off the tongue as easily, but it's text. Just spell it like it is?

I could respond to the rest of it, but I think I already have a couple times. Lower your sodium intake, friend. It's just pixels.
Ah no that was an honest mistake, i was typing from my phone so auto correct changed it

As for the set in not really salty as I prefer ruin anyway, I just didn't think it was the right direction, i missed the part later in the thread where it said it will be added to pqs and though it was pve mob drops only

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#19 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Rare Fortune isn't going to drop from PQ's, per se, but it will drop while you're running the ch22 PQ's (as those mobs are all R37+) to get the Onslaught set that will be in the gold bags. Onslaught will be on par with Conq/Dom as far as stats.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:03 pm

I guess you need a lot of champs or even better heroes to increase the drop chances. The most drops come from normal mobs but apart from green gear to sell for gold and butchering they don't help with getting this set. :) Looking forward to Onslaught.
Dying is no option.