Recent Topics

Ads

Healing in RvR - renown

Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: Healing in RvR - renown

Post#31 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:48 am

CegeePegee wrote:
Bozzax wrote:I just think healers shoul get rewarded for healing, tanks for reducing damage, dps (even hybrids) for killing and grps wb should be there only for sharing (all gains, kills, heals, mit)

In the end that teaches ppl to play correctly.
I'm actually actively looking into this, stay tuned.
Sounds cool, thanks for heads up

Ads
Fey

Post#32 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:56 am

Bozzax wrote:
Foltestik wrote:
Druin wrote:Yeah bring back the live times, when you were standing in the zerg with WP spamming AoE heal and making 3 renown ranks in 30mins, while being absolutely useless.
that was awsome, ideal was blocking people under oil a then aoe heal them ... easy renown farm :D

ahhh golden times :D
A dok/wp could aoe heal and gain renown by AOE channel healing out of party allies 3s every 13s. The yield was (heal)/100 from players that had kills.

Zele/RP was the real pro leechers using quick spam ST

Afaik most early RR80 doks /wps actually was dps specced not heal specced (Bruglir comes to mind).

SCs was a tad broken though mostly because you gained win/kill renown as well as out of party heal renown. Like I said easy fix to a quite reasonable system.

Bottom line dps even on WAR was quicker to rr80 / end game gear
Talk to Deehorsey. He was the first rr80 on our server as a WP, and he sure wasn't dps spec.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Xissc

Post#33 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:10 am

kyrontor wrote:Just makes you wonder, does this "promote grouping" happens on DPS classes as well, by limiting their gains to an equal degree as healers, when they are solo?
Nope, solo DPS and tanks that get a killing blow get full renown unless multiple people hit that target.

Healers get the smallest fraction of the split.... because apparently no one needs healers. Therefore they get the lowest amount of RR/Contribution of anyone in the lakes.

Draugris

Post#34 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:33 am

Bozzax wrote:So much BS
1. You never gained renown from healing players that hadn’t killed anything or healing own party
Thats´true, but here it seems to be the way that if i am not in a group and i heal a player that kill´s another player i get nothing. That is different from live if i remember correctly. At least i noticed that on my WP. If i damaged the target, even a little i got xp + renown as usual.
Last edited by Draugris on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

AxelF

Post#35 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:45 am

kyrontor wrote:Just makes you wonder, does this "promote grouping" happens on DPS classes as well, by limiting their gains to an equal degree as healers, when they are solo?
This. Amazing how many dps will reject group invitations because they're soloing and want to maximise their rewards, who will then bitch and moan about not getting heals....

covenn

Post#36 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:04 pm

Hmm seems like there are few issues that need to be addressed. Fortunately it looks like they are.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

covenn

Post#37 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 pm

I think it is actually worse than some of you think it is. I was on a dps toon solo zerg surfing to check out the disparity some of you mentioned, and I got over 10k renown in just a couple of minutes. Even got 4200 renown for one kill on a squig herder off to the side. When I grouped, I was getting 400-600 on some assist kills. All in all in like 15 minutes in thunder mountain today, I got more renown than I did healing last night with several hundred kills over a couple of hours.

I really see no reason for healers to heal if you need renown and gear in open world. If you do have to heal, focus on healing only your group rather than the whole war band / randoms, and DPS when everyone is topped off.

Edit: I would also suggest dropping warband and doing DPS if you dont get put in a solid group with damage dealers.
Irony - Phoenix Throne (on live)

Currently playing order

Kordie

Post#38 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:24 am

You get better RR and more tokens as a solo dps than as a healer in a group thats getting lots of kills. So even when you group your returns are lower than the rest of your group.

Ads
Fey

Post#39 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 am

Out of group healing in ORvR is a sign of a skilled support able to weigh the risk of possibly losing a group mate to save a more valuable out of group Ally. The rewards for such gameplay need to be adjusted.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Loans

Post#40 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:59 am

I miss a lot this feature , was one of the reason why i enjoyed a lot to play healer, if i wanted to play solo in rvr i could do it and take some reward while helping people in fight, now i'm not really interested to play healer, plus with the nerf of wp/dok is meh...
I know many people may disagree but this is what i think right now, i hope with the future improvements change my idea.