Recent Topics

Ads

RDPS SH vs Sorc

Let's talk about... everything else
Arthem

Re: RDPS SH vs Sorc

Post#21 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:58 am

Gerv wrote:
Arthem wrote:There is no question Sorc > SH. The only point a SH has is better survivability but if a good enemy wants you dead and you open yourself up to an attack you're dead anyway.
Why dont you log in and play
Lol no.

Ads
BrockRiefenstahl

Post#22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:33 pm

To the dodge + disrupt argument I can not agree.
All classes that I have played have higher dodge than Disrupt, no matter if its a BW or WL or Tank. Therefore you will theorethically see more dodge than disrupt. But at least SH can do proper dmg on unguarded squishies, while Sorc theorethically also have mostly high resistance enemies. So even if more would hit, there is still the component of high resistences in group play.

Not sure if thats the thing why people say SH > Sorc

dansari

Post#23 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:43 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:To the dodge + disrupt argument I can not agree.
All classes that I have played have higher dodge than Disrupt, no matter if its a BW or WL or Tank. Therefore you will theorethically see more dodge than disrupt. But at least SH can do proper dmg on unguarded squishies, while Sorc theorethically also have mostly high resistance enemies. So even if more would hit, there is still the component of high resistences in group play.

Not sure if thats the thing why people say SH > Sorc
I rarely see much dodge on my SW, but I'm probably disrupted about 20% of the time on my BW. It's even worse on high rr, geared healers.
<Salt Factory>

Gerv
Banned

Post#24 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Arthem wrote:
Gerv wrote:
Arthem wrote:There is no question Sorc > SH. The only point a SH has is better survivability but if a good enemy wants you dead and you open yourself up to an attack you're dead anyway.
Why dont you log in and play
Lol no.
Too scared your Damaz Karon Kill death ratio might get effected?
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Tesq

Post#25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Squig is better overall,

It's more mobile and his aoe have more range,
Access to healdebuff also ,basically always perfect in every set up.
Also atm due recent changes magical classes have more problem pass healers disrupt (due willpower ).
So squig vs dodge will have a easier life than sorc vs disrupt

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#26 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:50 am

Tesq wrote:Squig is better overall,

Also atm due recent changes magical classes have more problem pass healers disrupt (due willpower ).
Untill you play a Squigh herder and notice that DoTs you using in Sorc: Words of pain, which hit for 2k, or Chillwind doing 600 crits.... Are now named Yer Bleeding in your Squigh herder and they hit for 40-90 in armored targets and 200 in light armor ones (with 1020 ballistic skill, 688 Weapon skill and Best weapon in game).

Yeah easier!!

ACGOG

Post#27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Thank you for all the feedback.

After seeing the responses here and talking to people in-game, it seems that SH's are just in a much better spot right now. I love the Sorc and the ability to nearly insta-gib people but if I'm by myself or in a PUG I feel like I can't be effective. Likewise someone was saying that once a SH gets geared they can get pretty close to the DPS of a Sorc (I don't know how accurate that statement is). The idea of doing a ton of damage while still maintaining mobility and survivability is very appealing.

Also special thank you to Hao for chatting with me in-game.

lefze
Suspended

Post#28 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
Tesq wrote:Squig is better overall,

Untill you play a Squigh herder and notice that DoTs you using in Sorc: Words of pain, which hit for 2k, or Chillwind doing 600 crits.... Are now named Yer Bleeding in your Squigh herder and they hit for 40-90 in armored targets and 200 in light armor ones (with 1020 ballistic skill, 688 Weapon skill and Best weapon in game).

Yeah easier!!
Sounds like someone needs to pick targets more carefully. Dots can easily crit for 500+. But yes, in optimal settings a sorc can put out more burst than a squig, but the overall reliability of SH damage is so much better than sorcs. Very much due to the fact that Word of pain gives the target a whole 5 second telegraph on the burst, which is plently of time for guardswaps, bubbles, prepping pots, line of sight etc. There is also the fact that the spell can be disrupted twice making it effectively have half the success rate it used to have, while still being the bread and butter skill of the class.
Rip Phalanx

Ads
Aluviya

Post#29 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:46 am

In the current state of the game I’d personally recommend not to play a sorc if you seek a stable single target RDPS.

Some facts to explain the current situation:
- for every renown rank that is invested in dodge you also get disrupt
- limited equipment possibilities to get disrupt-strikethrough
- for some order classes disrupt and dodge are not only defensive stats, they also benefit from it (e.g. Warriorpriest 20 % more Healing for 10 sec if you defend against an attack, Witch Hunter 35% damage if you disrupt any spell for 10 sec)
- since the removal of cleansing wind, spending points in dodge and disrupt are a good alternative to avoid DoT stacking
- Warrior Priest have additional 10 % Tactics for disrupting

Having no heal-debuff Sorc's naturally rely on a rotation. To maintain this rotation, you use 2 spells Word of Pain & Vision of Torment which deal no initial damage, explode after a period and cover them with Chillwind, so that they are not easily removed by enemy healers.
Since the change for DoT’s is active, both WoP and VoT must face two disrupt checks, on applying and on explosion.
Even with succeeding to put your WoP on a Target, your rotation remains still fragile, because you hope for a WoP explosion and waste action points into your other single target burst spells just to realize that the actual damaging tick gets disrupted (apart from all others spells that are disrupted).

To sum up some more interesting facts:
- most healers have at least 50 % disrupt with the renown points invested, so nuking the backline is a hard mission and vs. high end order-teams nearly impossible
- your only “answer” vs. disrupt is the spell Echo of Power which is weak in damage and weak in comparison to a Bright Wizards arsenal to deal with disrupt
- your class is generally very fragile and heavily team dependent because of the backlash you suffer which is, in most cases, more than 10 % of your endgame HP
- since every DoT is calculated separately, many classes can “collect” your DoT’s using abilities or moral abilities to get 100 % disrupt and taking eventually no damage from WoP or VoT even though they were applied before the usage of the disrupt boost (e.g. Witch Hunter, Sword Master, Slayer, Shadow Warrior, Engineer)
- WoP and VoP have a very distinct visuals&sound effects making it easy for a target to realize that a sorc possibly rotates on them

SilverWF
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:56 am

Wonder if they are planning to change attacking stats mech to allow ignore disrupt more effectively.
Playing Magus atm and man, this is boring as fk...
Bretin: "destru classes are in general better for solo play" :lol:
A lot of addons here | Just a few T3 vids from live game | Remove IP-blocking at forum!