tionblack

Re: RvR overview

Post#21 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 am

kill Droll you Kill this Server. DROLL is Community :wink:

Ads
anarchypark

Post#22 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am oh you probably misunderstood. Resource carrying will complete BO resource system. Not be re-incorporated to BOs :).
(Each players in the zone will be able to drop an amount of resource depending his rank (who will define drop chance and resource amount. IE : the higher rank will have a big target on the head)
death will carry more weight.
no more glorious deaths as pug
and more grp oriented play.
good change, though i'll see ' don't feed them ' a lot.
can't wait to see how often i drop it.
may need to prevent resource suicide.
hmm next patch?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Fallenkezef

Post#23 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:41 am

anarchypark wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am
Yaliskah wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:19 am oh you probably misunderstood. Resource carrying will complete BO resource system. Not be re-incorporated to BOs :).
(Each players in the zone will be able to drop an amount of resource depending his rank (who will define drop chance and resource amount. IE : the higher rank will have a big target on the head)
death will carry more weight.
no more glorious deaths as pug
and more grp oriented play.
good change, though i'll see ' don't feed them ' a lot.
can't wait to see how often i drop it.
may need to prevent resource suicide.
hmm next patch?
Will make those rare moments when your pug smashes a premade wb all the more glorious
Alea iacta est

Raggaz

Post#24 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:37 am My experience of rvr is WB's moving from bo to bo, fighting at and defending the bo then moving to next.

Dont know where all this "everyone ignores bo's" is coming from

Thats the point, they are moving BO to BO. Ive been in WBs where we are almost at the next keep level and they just run off the BO.
Been in WBs where ALL we do is run bo to bo. Its becoming more common in my experience to just abandon the BO for no reason, to go find a 'fight'.

Yaliskah wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 am About BO lock i must clarify. (what led me to remove it when i redesigned ORvR with the help of Hargrim and Washette (T1).)

Consider you have a pool of objectives in the lake : 5 for each faction + their own keep.

If at any moment you lock 1-4 BO what will happen? None will be able to interact with it and then player will focus on what is possible. So in time, you will have a player concentration result.

Difference with acutal state of game ? In a case it is a players choice, in the other it is forced. I highly prefer to give you choice.

Now what do we have? Same as some SCs, some players consider the objective (take keep & lock the zone) as a secondary objective. According this is a faction game, and according i play too, i noticed that realm communication is near 0 in general.

Lets try this. Share the area with your faction per quadrant/BO and focus on a small part of it. Then, when ready, send a small part of resources ( players) to start keep attack and see. I bet the faction who will be able to do that will win, or -atleast- control the game even they are outnumbered.

On side note, resource carrying system is planed to complete BO resource system.
There is nothing wrong with the system, but no one does it or they dont feel the need to do it, which is the problem.
Locking BOs would force players to fight for the BO rather than running around. If all BOs were locked? Maybe ALL BOs unlock once that occurs.

Another possibility is giving each BO a random number 1-4. And the BOs must be 'captured' in that sequence.
At the start of every zone each BO would be assigned a random number and a new random number, once all BOs in the sequence have been captured. Once all BOs are captured, your keep gets a star or something. Or a star/half a star for every BO captured in the sequence.
You might have to force players to fight for every BO, like mandatory. No options.