Recent Topics

Ads

Close Combat

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Close Combat

Post#21 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:57 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:19 am
Wdova wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:35 am Choppa pull can be canceled by single taunt, but its tru it got buffed heavily. 50ft pull range, pull imunity for 4s and 30% speed boost while pulling is great. ID is just cleansable dmg with lower CD. With shatter limbs is more complicated. 1-2 targets have no cd increase, 3 targets have 1s, 5 targets have 3s, and 7+ targets have 5s cooldown increase. For big rvr fights its great, when you can hit blobs, for small scale its not that great as it was on live. It gave 5s no matter how much target it hit.
Chopp fasta decrease CD by 5 seconds for only Your party, but it doesnt require target and its cooldown has been lowered. To be honest slay and chop AOE trees are more in line now than it ever was on live.

Edit. The issue I see at the moment is the destro has better AOE bomb potential.

Destro: AOE squig melee tree with all tools You can imagine, AOE marauder in monstro with AOE knockdown and morale drain and interrupt, AOE choppa with AOE pull+chop fasta, Magus AOE + AOE pull, Sorc AOE bombing.
Order: AOE slayer with Shattered limbs, AOE engineer + magnet, AOE bomb bright wizard.

Order has less AOE dmg dealers, lack of AOE knockdown, have no AOE morale drain, and got only 1 AOE pull.
That's not really what's referred to as "bombing." ...and Melee Squigs are only used for Indigestion, and not as major AE damage deals. The only "bombing" ability they had in that mastery was their m4, which is now in core and has a 5 minute CD.
I am glad You mentioned this. With bombing I mean lots of AOE skills at one place. I am not telling that melee squigs are "major" AOE dmg dealers, but theyr AOE dmg is moderate. They are not used "only" for Indigestion(shattered limbs mirror), but I witnessed several times squig pouncing in to warband backline, aplying Indigestion, than using kaboom to separate backline healers from rest of warband. Mostly they die at the end, but gave dessy zerg/wb time to melt those backline from sides or rear.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
Wdova

Post#22 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:35 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am
Wdova wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:35 am
Edit. The issue I see at the moment is the destro has better AOE bomb potential.

Destro: AOE squig melee tree with all tools You can imagine, AOE marauder in monstro with AOE knockdown and morale drain and interrupt, AOE choppa with AOE pull+chop fasta, Magus AOE + AOE pull, Sorc AOE bombing.
Order: AOE slayer with Shattered limbs, AOE engineer + magnet, AOE bomb bright wizard.

Order has less AOE dmg dealers, lack of AOE knockdown, have no AOE morale drain, and got only 1 AOE pull.
Uhm, when you talk about bombing in warband size you didn't notice moral bombs? Order have the clear edge there. The pressure comes with morals, not normal aoe skills.
I havent mentioned that because its situational. Order has slightly edge because of Bright wizard M2(sorc dont have that) which is great for pushes in to keep. In open space I see marauders spaming demolition strike to proc morale drains and the "edge" just wanish. Not to mention madauder M2 Great Fang which is cone AOE up to 40ft away for the same dmg as BW.

Edit: forgot on Knight M3 no escape. Ye order main warband classes has 2 more M2,M3 AOE morales.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:14 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 am
peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:02 am
davispeed wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:24 am

The engi pull is not really "fun" either!! Getting pull throught everything(bodies, tree, rock, name it...)
Magus pull is even better ;)
Dissagree. Order able to stack far more Disrupt then Destro Dodge.
and on classes that matter....

kobs, bw, wp.....

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:31 am

instapull vs delayed pull = hmmm. disrupt really ain't that much of an issue anymore, particularly when 99% of encounters are against pug wbs.

geezereur

Post#25 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:46 am

Close Combat Tactic seems a little to much of a buff to melee. For Exemple Squig Herder with there already low damage, now add in this Tactic and you will be doing almost no damage at all.

Reesh

Post#26 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

I'd trade night and day ID for choppa pull. Gap closer, speed boost so by application away from pull range an escape tool, hits like a truck and most likely brings those pulled into their doom.

Basically one of the tools (that these classes should have multiple of) both sl/ch needed from the start.

JeffersonAirplane

Post#27 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:31 am instapull vs delayed pull = hmmm.
Chaotic Rift has same delay as Electromagnet = hmmm.

adamthelc

Post#28 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:09 pm

Reesh wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm I'd trade night and day ID for choppa pull. Gap closer, speed boost so by application away from pull range an escape tool, hits like a truck and most likely brings those pulled into their doom.

Basically one of the tools (that these classes should have multiple of) both sl/ch needed from the start.
It hits hard, I dont think a Slayer using ID puts out low damage.

It's somewhat versatile sure. But that is an expensive gap closer and a tricky tool to disengage.

Speed boost and pull are nice, but when I think of an ability that matters, it has to help you win against an enemy that is better or stronger than you. I'm not sure that is when GtdC shines.

It's a nice ability, probably more fun. But I dont think it's as good as a solid bread and butter ability. If you feel differently, advocate for change.

Ads
wereku

Post#29 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Azarael wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:11 am WL will be subject to change.
As one of the reasons I stopped playing ror I''ll be waiting for these changes to read them.

TenTonHammer

Post#30 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:53 pm

what a time to be alive, when players say they will take GTTC over ID, its still the worst pull on destro, Magnus has better, safer mass pull and mara has better targetd pull and the ability itself is so easy to interrupt with all the CC on order or just using taunt