Recent Topics

Ads

Throwing Forts

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: Throwing Forts

Post#51 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:52 pm

thefryinallofus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 pmThanks for the great video.

You are welcome. I enjoyed putting it together.

thefryinallofus wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 pmI was in this fight on Destro side. Order ended up having between 3-4 extra players in this SC.

I went back and looked at some of the footage I didn't use and found a quick segment where I opened the Party Roster. At that moment we did have two extra guys who were not listed on the initial Scenario listing. I just didn't notice it before. But I agree with you I am sure the Devs will sort that out.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Tanski

Post#52 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm

If your only incentive to play is gear and you are not enjoying the game, I think you need to find more productive things to do with your life.
The current system is flawed, but as Natherul said It is early on and I expect changes to come. I don’t know why you can’t get medal drops from gold bags in over, even if it’s just 1-3. Either way, there is a fine line to these things. Open forts happened because there was so much crying and they were actually ruining the game. You would have 20 destro push a zone in NA time until fort then at fort it would be 150 order to 50 destro. I guess People have forgotten why they play this game. For the love of pvp? Nah. Gear grind until I get the gear and then either make an alt or quit playing. It doesn’t make sense to me tbh.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Aethilmar

Post#53 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:47 am

Tanski wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm If your only incentive to play is gear and you are not enjoying the game, I think you need to find more productive things to do with your life.
The current system is flawed, but as Natherul said It is early on and I expect changes to come. I don’t know why you can’t get medal drops from gold bags in over, even if it’s just 1-3. Either way, there is a fine line to these things. Open forts happened because there was so much crying and they were actually ruining the game. You would have 20 destro push a zone in NA time until fort then at fort it would be 150 order to 50 destro. I guess People have forgotten why they play this game. For the love of pvp? Nah. Gear grind until I get the gear and then either make an alt or quit playing. It doesn’t make sense to me tbh.
I am very sympathetic to your point of view here about love of the game, BUT when "end game" gear gives you a material advantage (not just a different set of choices with different advantages/disadvantages) then it makes it difficult to love playing the game when you are just there for the farming entertainment and/or ego satisfaction of the well-geared folks.

And, before anyone chimes in "skill trumps gear/points", tell that to the 40/40 geared WE (dies horribly) that tries to jump my 40/77 tank versus the 40/70 geared WE (gives me a run for my money if I don't hit the right buttons at the right time or gets lucky).

People PvP to compete. Better gear is required to stay competitive in the current system. Gear obsession is pretty much mandatory. If the devs want different behaviors, change the incentives.

Xumae

Post#54 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:01 am

Tanski wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:59 pm If your only incentive to play is gear and you are not enjoying the game, I think you need to find more productive things to do with your life.
Whoa youve been after this gear for a while and want it more than i do? Find something more "productive" then.

x)
Nezeb rr8x dps dok
Demonlarry rr7x Magus
Squigdakka rr7xSquig herder
Mcronalds rr6x Mara

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#55 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:34 pm

As an NA order I really enjoyed defending forts. Sure we lost a lot, but there was a true sense of accomplishment when we managed to sneak out a win.

Now with City Sieges, I find myself wondering if I should bother logging in anymore. The community dynamic has changed drastically and this flawed implementation has soured my enjoyment of orvr. I’ll probably follow Wargrimr advice and play something else.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

carlos

Post#56 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:07 am

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:05 am I'd say:
Move BIS gear rewards to oRvR, make RoR great again.
Keep cities and forts for renown and random loot bags as additional features.
THIS - this would make the game better
Starfkr

Chinesehero

Post#57 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:11 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:43 pm throwing zones was an issue before this as well. Even when zone before zone awarded invader medallions though it was better.

We are constantly discussing way to improve on the system and Id like to remind you that its still week 1
RoR should make the rolling bags of fort as royal crest inside for the winner
the bags crest number same as city. No one will throw a fort then

cheepcheep

Post#58 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:46 am

I did the fort defence in caledor yesterday as a new player on destro side. The new fort system is better than the vanilla old system. I like the idea of capturing the Battle objectives im not sure if you have to defend all 5 objectives to get a succesful defense though.

when we lost the defence we was all put into this cage which was ok at first for a bit but nothing happened until we was let out and took a while and i was not sure what was going on. people used there book to leave but kinda annoying that you not sure what to do just wait until fort lord it dead. maybe put a port in the cage to warcamp or just teleport back to warcamp instead of cage???

What I didnt like is hearing in the chat just let them have it let them take city as its just giving up to get the end game loot.

defenders and attackers of forts needs decent incentive to fight at the fort.

Devs should consider adding in a drop chance of medals in the fort fight so that people will want to engage to get the high end medals for sov gear.

Or on a succesful defence gold bags or below drop sov medals.
Or on succesful defence a buff for all defence players for 2 hour that increases rr and wounds/crit chance.

but I dont like fort throwing to minmax gear quick.

last resort would be sov medals drop in orvr and no bis can be got in city seiges not sure about that though.

Ads
Aurandilaz

Post#59 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 pm

Pretty sure no one likes "throwing" on the defending side as well, but when the choices are;
-win fort def, gain 1 royal
-lose fort def + go city, gain 5-20 royals

it becomes self harming behaviour, where you actively destroy your own chances of gaining endgame gear.
The expected rewards from city have to be higher so that people actually push them, but the expected rewards from winning a fort defence cannot be abysmal compared to losing and allowing a city.
Maybe something like this;
2 royals for defending zone before fort + 2 invader (prevent the initial zone throwing before fort)
3 royals for fort defence + 4 invader
city, still between 3-21 royal depending on bag rolls + winning stages

Enough people, who have actively played last year, should have 1-2 toons with invader already. You just need to consistently show up to "fight" (touch flags) at forts when they up.
Some lucky people already finish Sov grind, some people with more luck and able to attend NA/EUnight city runs between 30-80% done as well.
Eventually the first wave of grinders will complete their 1st toon, then move on to maybe try 2nd toon or maybe there is a chance they might go full "REALMPRIDE" and actively seek to prevent others from gaining city gear by ensuring other players cannot reach it.

Another option is a total rework of the medal system, so that even officers + conq + vanq make some sense instead of gaining dust.
10 off to 1 conq medal, 10 conq to 1 vanq medal, 10 vanq to 1 invader, 10 invader to 1 royal.
So to finish sovereign, you would need 419 royal, or 4190 invader, or 41900 vanq... 419k conq, 4,19m officers?

Chinesehero

Post#60 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 pm Pretty sure no one likes "throwing" on the defending side as well, but when the choices are;
-win fort def, gain 1 royal
-lose fort def + go city, gain 5-20 royals

it becomes self harming behaviour, where you actively destroy your own chances of gaining endgame gear.
The expected rewards from city have to be higher so that people actually push them, but the expected rewards from winning a fort defence cannot be abysmal compared to losing and allowing a city.
Maybe something like this;
2 royals for defending zone before fort + 2 invader (prevent the initial zone throwing before fort)
3 royals for fort defence + 4 invader
city, still between 3-21 royal depending on bag rolls + winning stages

Enough people, who have actively played last year, should have 1-2 toons with invader already. You just need to consistently show up to "fight" (touch flags) at forts when they up.
Some lucky people already finish Sov grind, some people with more luck and able to attend NA/EUnight city runs between 30-80% done as well.
Eventually the first wave of grinders will complete their 1st toon, then move on to maybe try 2nd toon or maybe there is a chance they might go full "REALMPRIDE" and actively seek to prevent others from gaining city gear by ensuring other players cannot reach it.

Another option is a total rework of the medal system, so that even officers + conq + vanq make some sense instead of gaining dust.
10 off to 1 conq medal, 10 conq to 1 vanq medal, 10 vanq to 1 invader, 10 invader to 1 royal.
So to finish sovereign, you would need 419 royal, or 4190 invader, or 41900 vanq... 419k conq, 4,19m officers?
it is good that can exchange them but i play so long time only 1200 invader med which only can turn to 120 crest? seem not easy with this ratio still