Recent Topics

Ads

Choppa pull

Let's talk about... everything else
Aurandilaz

Re: Choppa pull

Post#31 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:12 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:58 pm

This was never about dmg, but about what is accomplished with the pulls. They disrupt the lines to no end, and I want to reassure that I'm fine with the pull per-se, but I'm not fine with it being a free skill that you can spam carelessly. Give it at least a drawback. The skill is so OP that 2h Choppas are considered a meme....
drawback such as actual loss of dmg vs normal lotsa spam, no AP regen during channel, no AA during channel, randomly handing free immunities to people you would have preferred not to pull because it is totally random who gets pulled, random landing location within 5-15ft of choppa, and locked at 13pts and dual wield requirement?

2h choppa was a meme long before, you lose parry and you lose AA dmg, and lets be honest, midtree was trash long before RoR changes to GTDC.

Ive been playing Slayer past week now, and actually enjoy using Rampage whenever able to, and ID dmg is so much nicer to have.

choppa needs an actual rework to the AoE tree, instead what we have is someone opening a thread every few months to complain about choppa (only 1 ability worth mentioning as always), then forgetting it for a few weeks, then again resurfacing few months later...

Ads
Ototo

Post#32 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:12 pm

This was never about dmg, but about what is accomplished with the pulls. They disrupt the lines to no end, and I want to reassure that I'm fine with the pull per-se, but I'm not fine with it being a free skill that you can spam carelessly. Give it at least a drawback. The skill is so OP that 2h Choppas are considered a meme....
drawback such as actual loss of dmg vs normal lotsa spam, no AP regen during channel, no AA during channel, randomly handing free immunities to people you would have preferred not to pull because it is totally random who gets pulled, random landing location within 5-15ft of choppa, and locked at 13pts and dual wield requirement?

2h choppa was a meme long before, you lose parry and you lose AA dmg, and lets be honest, midtree was trash long before RoR changes to GTDC.

Ive been playing Slayer past week now, and actually enjoy using Rampage whenever able to, and ID dmg is so much nicer to have.

choppa needs an actual rework to the AoE tree, instead what we have is someone opening a thread every few months to complain about choppa (only 1 ability worth mentioning as always), then forgetting it for a few weeks, then again resurfacing few months later...
Those aren't drawbacks. Those are things that carelessly pressing a button has. Would be like saying that the SM AoE punt has drawbacks... only if you don't know how to play the class...
Spoiler:

adapter
Suspended

Post#33 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:42 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm
Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:10 pm

40ft, effectively taking people out of range of guards.
When melee and tanks push together, the tank is already moving closer to the enemy e.g. choppa. Or the tank is being pulled.
Tanks could as well target choppas beforehand and taunt the pull, I mean, its no surprise that a pull is coming.
I'm surprised that this is your opinion when I was with you in the very city scenario that we speak of. You saw how people cheesed the skill to the point of brainless pressing. Yet somehow you are fine with a skill having such power and no drawbacks?

As I said before, I would like to see GtdC use and consume the Choppa rage, that should balance things out.
That would be kinda off putting. It would make Choppa even more useless. Having to waste Rage to use GTDC? Why keep nerfing GTDC? it has suffered multiple nerfes. It's easy to deal against it. The tanks have to punt away the Choppa once he starts Casting GTDC, easy...and if you are range dps, kite away from him and punt/root it/silence. There are many many ways to counter the Choppa Pull.

Can the Slayer Rampage be countered?
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

adapter
Suspended

Post#34 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:51 pm

That's what's supossed to do, disrupt enemy lines.

It is a Skill that is on a 20s cooldown, it is not spammable, it's a cast, it can be interrumpted easily. It's noticeable since the Choppa starts to scream and dance in a notorious way.

It already has suffered many drawbacks and nerfes. The skill is good that made Choppa playable because before it, the Choppa was the most useless melee class in the game.

The Choppa is a weird career in the sense that is not that good if you look at the Mastery Trees, they don't make too much sense, all tactics besides 1, are mostly useless and worthless to slot in your Tactic Set. It needs a rework to balance it out against the Slayer.

We can say that the Choppa is beeing played a lot because it is a Greenskin, one of the most popular races in Warhamer Online, let's not forget it has one of the most badass appereances in the game. And the Choppa has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ototo

Post#35 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:35 pm

People saying that GtdC is anything but laughably overpowered obviously don't play order tanks often. I'm not asking for anything rare. Just put a rage consumption in it like every other skill that worth in both Slayer and Choppa has. Nothing more. This skill is the source of several exploits in the past, and will be kept using to do so in the future unless that you place a cost in it. Hell, I'm even fine with the skill costing no AP, but draining rage.
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#36 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:52 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:19 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:14 pm
When melee and tanks push together, the tank is already moving closer to the enemy e.g. choppa. Or the tank is being pulled.
Tanks could as well target choppas beforehand and taunt the pull, I mean, its no surprise that a pull is coming.
I'm surprised that this is your opinion when I was with you in the very city scenario that we speak of. You saw how people cheesed the skill to the point of brainless pressing. Yet somehow you are fine with a skill having such power and no drawbacks?

As I said before, I would like to see GtdC use and consume the Choppa rage, that should balance things out.
Not sure about what city siege you refer to but the last one I was in, most of our dd were SW and in general a shitton single target dd and too few heals and tanks. Tanks didn't even pump moral before inc.
Having a bad setup results in a loss, that's totally fine.
Dying is no option.

Bohavwn

Post#37 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 pm

Order always begging to nerf anything that makes them feel the least bit uncomfortable. Here's a thought adapt and overcome.

Detangler

Post#38 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:09 pm

People who fight against choppas always remember the times the pull yanks someone out of position, but never notice all the times it uselessly pulled players only a couple feet.

It's got a 40 foot range. You get dropped near the choppa. If your tank doesn't use tether and cant walk 10 feet to keep a squishie in guard range, that's not a class imbalance issue - it's a PBKAC issue.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#39 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Bohavwn wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:30 pm Order always begging to nerf anything that makes them feel the least bit uncomfortable. Here's a thought adapt and overcome.
You have to be kidding me? Have you seen destro on these forums begging for Rampage and WL to be nerfed? Why don’t you adapt? Here’s an idea, try playing a zone against an enemy that doesn’t have 200% aao? Until then you have no idea.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

CountTalabecland

Post#40 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:57 pm

Bozzax wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:23 pm Nope it is inferior to ID in every possible way that is the mirror
I would much rather have an unavoidable pull to catch healers and blow up melee/tank lines. You don’t even have to build rage to make it effective like ID. You just pop it while and green and win.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.