Recent Topics

Ads

Class Combinations

Let's talk about... everything else
Dessembrae

Class Combinations

Post#1 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:39 am

Hello,
I played WAR in the olden days and now a friend of mine found it and we are trying to get back in.

As we will be three people. but two of us more than the last, I wanted to ask what classes would be good in combination for scenarios first and then PVE content. We would like to go destruction side :)

Thanks in advance :)

Ads
Everdin

Re: Class Combinations

Post#2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:44 am

I think this the class choice is really a question of personal flavor but it should be:

dps, tank healer!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Dessembrae

Post#3 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:52 am

So my friend and I should play tank and DPS, while the third guy that is not online that often the healer?

Everdin

Post#4 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:54 am

Puh, tough decision, i would prefer to say you two play tank/healer because you will have more success to find another dps to fill up you're rows, and late you will have more luck with finding warbands, pve partys

It more depends on how the mentioned flavor you wan't to play
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Dessembrae

Post#5 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:03 am

Everdin wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:54 am Puh, tough decision, i would prefer to say you two play tank/healer because you will have more success to find another dps to fill up you're rows, and late you will have more luck with finding warbands, pve partys

It more depends on how the mentioned flavor you wan't to play
What do you mean by flavour? We are pretty much open to anything :)

Everdin

Post#6 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:12 am

look at the class description and think about what fits you playstyle most, noone can give you that advice :P and it is better to play a class you have fun with then to play the best of the best class for a 3 man party :P
#AllClassesMatter

― John Burroughs

zgolec

Post#7 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:27 am

Dessembrae wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:52 am So my friend and I should play tank and DPS, while the third guy that is not online that often the healer?
Tank + heal and dps a guy that is rare on.

You can run tank 2h + dps heal, 2h + heal, snb + dps heal and still be a big threat if you know what to do. Tank + heal is super easy any pve content on lower levels too.
Also with dps overflow you will have no problem as tank |+ heal to find 6man premade or place in wbs.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Dessembrae

Post#8 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:47 am

Ok great, Black Guard and DoK seem like they would fit well :)

Thanks!

Ads
zgolec

Post#9 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:48 am

Yea BG / DoK is great combo.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Vayra

Post#10 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:55 am

Dessembrae wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:47 am Ok great, Black Guard and DoK seem like they would fit well :)

Thanks!
They are a great combo. If you go DPS DoK and either DPS or tank BG you can wreck healers completely with -50% incoming heals and -50% outgoing heals making the healer only heal themselves for 25% of their normal output. Plus the Bg has armor debuff, defense debuff and increased crit chance debuff to help the DoK do more damage (and thus more healing to keep you both alive).
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG