Recent Topics

Ads

Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Let's talk about... everything else
Jazlizard

Re: Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Post#21 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:40 pm

Here is the deal. I think everyone agrees that killing people trying to get inside, only to have them resurrect inside through a game mechanic is a real feelsbadman moment. The only incentive to do this is to farm RP.

If they get resurrected from someone inside, fair play, don't have a big problem with that.

I don't see why this mechanic is required, yes it makes it so its hard to defend against an attack in progress if you weren't already there, or have a large enough band to bust through - but I think that's the point?

There are inherent problems that occur when the sides get unbalanced in any particular zones, and barring putting zone caps (bad idea I think) to try to keep sides balanced, you'll have to live with certain things to an extent. AOO is designed to encourage defenders to defend when at large disadvantages. Perhaps those rewards need to increase, or change (loot bag chance increase?) to compensate for changes like this one. In either case, I believe this is a mechanic that needs to be removed or changed (maybe spawn at a BO... could be interesting....)

Ads
adamthelc

Post#22 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:56 pm

emiliorv wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:42 pm
adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm It isnt really about making them easier.
Yes, its easier siege a keep if defenders couldnt respawn into keep. This complain comes because that, you want a easy path to takes keeps and farm forts/city.

adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm It makes no sense to allow people to spawn inside a keep, UNTIL YOU TAG THE INNNER!!. It's so arbitrary.
Why have no sense?? why this comes to be a problem NOW if this sistem is implemented long time ago?? because NOW defenders wanna defend instead of throw zones?

adamthelc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm You are supposed to be sieging, but it's a waste of your time to try and stop people from getting insince they will get in regardless.
you have the tools to prevent this, you can block defenders at their WC to prevent respawn into keep. Whats the problem??
You seemed to miss some of those points.

My argument at least was not made because I care about how hard keeps are to take. It very well could make keeps easier to take if defenders didnt respawn there. Dont care about that one way or the other.

It's not really a problem now, I just dont like it and never have. Some differences between this game and live I like and some I dont. This issue falls into the latter category. I am just voicing my opinion on issue someone else brought up, I really dont care about it that much.

The problem, as I stated earlier, is that it seems arbitrary to me. You can hump a WC to keep people away and then when the inner is down you can guard the postern, but you cant guard the postern on an outerwall. Ok, I can play around those rules, but to me they dont make a lot of sense.

Davjen
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:17 am

up up

Greasy7

Post#24 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:20 pm

Totally Agree with this idea, currently sieging keeps become stale with when trying to push zones and as soon as a zone has two stars and a ram is down and once that keep comes under attack there is massive influx of players both order & destro will switch zones preferably to defend.

Currently as an Attacker there is litterally no way of making sure the defender numbers are less as all they need to do is die somewhere near the keep and boom +1 defender.

With the amount of people that are playing it really shouldnt be to hard to get together a WB group up and push one postern to get inside a keep to defend it, hell you could even get in solo if you just sneak in.

Even if the respawn inside the keep came in at a certain % of the door it would make massive different to gameplay and would make people actually think about holding the other side to stop them from getting into the keep either ambushing them between the keep & War camp or to guard posterns.

Currently as an attacker it just feels like a waiting game until x door is down push - clear - wait - push - clear/wipe etc.

Sarnai

Post#25 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm

This is a good idea except for the current trend of sniping cannon shots at the keep to prevent them from leveling. You could, in essence, keep the enemy respawning in their war camp without actually starting a siege.

Maybe once the outer door reaches 50%?
WH looking for gunbad left

Aethilmar

Post#26 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:12 pm

I would be happily exchange rezzes into the keep for a mechanic that actually forces the attackers to not just blob up at the keep to win (which will have other side effects by the way).

As described, this entire proposal is basically advocating for the main zones to be even more of a flip fest than they already are in the normal case of attacking with 40% or more AAO on the enemy.

Also, I think you are missing another key point which is if defenders know they will have to be in the keep before the siege starts or risk getting cut off, then people will just go AFK in the keep until the siege starts and there will be even less fighting in the zone.

carthagerising

Post#27 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:43 pm

Sarnai wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:47 pm This is a good idea except for the current trend of sniping cannon shots at the keep to prevent them from leveling. You could, in essence, keep the enemy respawning in their war camp without actually starting a siege.

Maybe once the outer door reaches 50%?
this is another thing that needs looking at honestly. the sniping keep progress with a single cannon shot should probably go as well, although at least this is counterable with activity around the keep and with the recent 5 star pushes is clearly defendable against.

but you are right that for my suggestion to even be remotely sensible, the cannon snipe would need to go also.

carthagerising

Post#28 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 pm

I know this is a necro post but what ever.

Thanks to the team for implementing this and giving it a try, its a superb change in my opinion.

Ads
Shalktonin

Post#29 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:27 pm

carthagerising wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:42 pm I know this is a necro post but what ever.

Thanks to the team for implementing this and giving it a try, its a superb change in my opinion.
some things are worth necroing.
Scientia potentia est, tene hanc bene

Aethilmar

Post#30 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:21 am

Yeah, I'm okay with it because if you read my last post everything I said immediately came true due to this crap change. So GG.