Recent Topics

Ads

[PQ] Hero/Champion-Solo Class?

Let's talk about... everything else
avalus

Re: [PQ] Hero/Champion-Solo Class?

Post#11 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Pretty sure a SH built like this (minimum R30 required, R36 for Shrapnel Arrer)
can easily solo any non-ranged Hero granted he has enough space to kite (in circle)

Just perma-snare and wear him down with DoTs/on-the-run/insta abilities with Spiked Squig up
During the 5s interval where he isn't snared anymore & Stop Runnin! isn't yet up, just use Run Away!, Sticky Squigz or Point-Blank (M1 KD) if he's too close to get some distance

Order-side variant would be a SW built like this (minimum R30 required (+1 if taking Keen Arrowheads), R36/37 for Glass Arrow)
You could swap the Keen Arrowheads tactic for Bullseye for more damage

Same strategy as with SH, perma-snare and use Eye Shot, Whirling Pin or Point-Blank when he's too close
If you have enough distance (80-100ft), you can pop Vengeance of Nagarythe, KD with Eye Shot and burst with Rapid Fire
(NB: Eye Shot & Point-Blank share the same Unstoppable immunity)

Enraptured Doomweaver Image Chaos Sorcerer of 𝕋̳̠ͫ𝕫̫͕̥̞͂̃𝕖̴̡̠̮͙̈̏𝕖̻̭͉ͥ̉̐̀̈́𝕟̘͛͒̀̓͊ͨ𝕥̮̦̦̾̄͟𝕔̖͓̂𝕙̤ | RR83 |

Spoiler:
Retired characters :

Notsure | Carnal
Hiasakite | Heosphoros

Ads
zatoh

Post#12 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 am

Pottsy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm Zatoh,

Engineer isn't a class I've tried would you mind elaborating on the class a little because you sound experienced, like a guide on how to play effectively for the first 20 levels for example?

I have sent a video on YouTube of one tanking two WE that are attacking him, amazing skill but looks chaotic!
I am not really very experienced at all with engi, there are guys who have played it a lot more. The dwarf guild, "Bitterstone Thunderers" is probably the best place to look.
However I'll tell what I know.

I didn't bother leveling my RR much because I used my engi for pve farming but recently started playing it in rvr. Unfortunately many of my favorite tactics, etc don't seem to be available at low levels. "Well-oiled machine" mainly since it lets you build turrets instantly. The turrets are probably the principal strength and weakness of the engi. He gets a stacking damage buff and something else depending on the type of turret, as long as he stays near it. Since in open rvr the front shifts quickly you may find yourself out of effective range quickly. If you rebuild the turret, it will count as "destroyed" and you lose 4 stacks of the buff, out of a max of 8. Combined with the 2 sec cast time for building turrets this can make it really frustrating to begin with an engineer, even with the "Redeploy" ability that teleports your turret to you without losing any stacks. You only get WOM at 31 so until then you'll just have to deal with the slow building.
Gun Turret is usually the safest option since it extends your range.
Bombardment Turret shortens DOT tick lengths which effectively increases their damage so it's good for doing damage if you don't need the extra range.
Flame Turret increases your dodge and disrupt and increases the radius of aoe abilities, but reduces the range of abilities. Note that point blank AOE skills like Blunderbuss Blast will have their radius and thus "range" extended by this. This is good for close range situations like funnels and for magnet.

The three main "paths" would be single target Rifleman sniper, Grenadier AOE and Tinkerer support. Some main rifleman abilities do physical damage which is reduced by armor so keep that in mind. Grenadier I think is the most popular spec for orvr since it gives you more AOE abilities and extends their range which allows for safe spamming. Tinkerer has some interesting abilities like the famous keg and infamous magnet. A single magnet can have a big effect on a fight's outcome.

For a low level engi I'm thinking that it's probably the best to level with open rvr, coasting on zergs and spamming aoe. You'll tag kills if you hit them before they die so you'll get something even if solo. Keep attacks would be the thing to look out for since engis naturally shine there due to the static nature and because successful sieges have among the biggest renown payday potentials in the game. Try to join a group during the siege because from my experience contribution for sieges will always be low if you are solo. As for scenarios I can't recommend for three reasons: melee has an easier time, people say order has too much ranged dps, and people say destro wins more in sc's. It might be a "grass is greener" type of thing but I have rarely had a good time on leveling scenarios.

My usual strategy is to get to renown 41 before the bolster becomes crappy (this is something like level 32 but it might have been changed at some point). The reason for 41 is that you start getting conqueror from gold bags and subjugator, etc from the smaller ones. Leveling to this point is recommended during 2x because you get less bag opportunities for the same stretch of RR leveled, which is good because bags are crappy below 41 and you're better off stacking bag bonuses. If you use the exp scroll and avoid doing pointless quests you should be able to get to 41 by level 31. After that I level to 40 in pve with 3 goals along the way: ruin, epic quests and winds impervious. You may not need ruin if you can buy annihilator already. The weapons from the T4 epic quests are good to start with. The winds impervious jewelry set can be handy on any class since you are at your squishiest as a fresh 40. There are other choices too like beastlord, this is just what I do.

For kiting a hero this is what I do: bomb turret to 8 stacks, precast keg and lightning rod, then pull the enemy and start putting dots on it. When it starts getting close cast the knockback grenade to stun it, then wrench whack it and gain distance, during the stun keg or rod can be cast again too. Then repeat like this, reapplying dots and the snare, and take advantage of the stun once the immunity has expired. Like this you can't avoid being hit at times though and even a small health potion, like the ones for 1 officer emblem can save you since this is essentially a HP race.

courtsdad1

Post#13 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:18 am

zulnam wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm You can easily solo easy PQs as a snb knight thanks to healing and damage auras.

But if you're looking for a class that can solo a hero there is none i'm afraid. Heroes do huge amounts of damage and require a group.
It depends. Ive done them with Knight, Chosen and WP.

SaintRon

Post#14 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:37 am

zulnam wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:35 pm You can easily solo easy PQs as a snb knight thanks to healing and damage auras.

But if you're looking for a class that can solo a hero there is none i'm afraid. Heroes do huge amounts of damage and require a group.
ehhhh if you have room to move around plenty of classes can solo a hero. My SM can solo a slightly lower level hero by meleeing for a bit then snaring and running away. Your health starts to regen out of combat, but the hero mob won't... so when you're full you fight it again. You just have to stay within the reset circle.

My SH is even better at this.

Pottsy

Post#15 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:20 pm

zatoh wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 am
Pottsy wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:37 pm Zatoh,

Engineer isn't a class I've tried would you mind elaborating on the class a little because you sound experienced, like a guide on how to play effectively for the first 20 levels for example?

I have sent a video on YouTube of one tanking two WE that are attacking him, amazing skill but looks chaotic!
I am not really very experienced at all with engi, there are guys who have played it a lot more. The dwarf guild, "Bitterstone Thunderers" is probably the best place to look.
However I'll tell what I know.

I didn't bother leveling my RR much because I used my engi for pve farming but recently started playing it in rvr. Unfortunately many of my favorite tactics, etc don't seem to be available at low levels. "Well-oiled machine" mainly since it lets you build turrets instantly. The turrets are probably the principal strength and weakness of the engi. He gets a stacking damage buff and something else depending on the type of turret, as long as he stays near it. Since in open rvr the front shifts quickly you may find yourself out of effective range quickly. If you rebuild the turret, it will count as "destroyed" and you lose 4 stacks of the buff, out of a max of 8. Combined with the 2 sec cast time for building turrets this can make it really frustrating to begin with an engineer, even with the "Redeploy" ability that teleports your turret to you without losing any stacks. You only get WOM at 31 so until then you'll just have to deal with the slow building.
Gun Turret is usually the safest option since it extends your range.
Bombardment Turret shortens DOT tick lengths which effectively increases their damage so it's good for doing damage if you don't need the extra range.
Flame Turret increases your dodge and disrupt and increases the radius of aoe abilities, but reduces the range of abilities. Note that point blank AOE skills like Blunderbuss Blast will have their radius and thus "range" extended by this. This is good for close range situations like funnels and for magnet.

The three main "paths" would be single target Rifleman sniper, Grenadier AOE and Tinkerer support. Some main rifleman abilities do physical damage which is reduced by armor so keep that in mind. Grenadier I think is the most popular spec for orvr since it gives you more AOE abilities and extends their range which allows for safe spamming. Tinkerer has some interesting abilities like the famous keg and infamous magnet. A single magnet can have a big effect on a fight's outcome.

For a low level engi I'm thinking that it's probably the best to level with open rvr, coasting on zergs and spamming aoe. You'll tag kills if you hit them before they die so you'll get something even if solo. Keep attacks would be the thing to look out for since engis naturally shine there due to the static nature and because successful sieges have among the biggest renown payday potentials in the game. Try to join a group during the siege because from my experience contribution for sieges will always be low if you are solo. As for scenarios I can't recommend for three reasons: melee has an easier time, people say order has too much ranged dps, and people say destro wins more in sc's. It might be a "grass is greener" type of thing but I have rarely had a good time on leveling scenarios.

My usual strategy is to get to renown 41 before the bolster becomes crappy (this is something like level 32 but it might have been changed at some point). The reason for 41 is that you start getting conqueror from gold bags and subjugator, etc from the smaller ones. Leveling to this point is recommended during 2x because you get less bag opportunities for the same stretch of RR leveled, which is good because bags are crappy below 41 and you're better off stacking bag bonuses. If you use the exp scroll and avoid doing pointless quests you should be able to get to 41 by level 31. After that I level to 40 in pve with 3 goals along the way: ruin, epic quests and winds impervious. You may not need ruin if you can buy annihilator already. The weapons from the T4 epic quests are good to start with. The winds impervious jewelry set can be handy on any class since you are at your squishiest as a fresh 40. There are other choices too like beastlord, this is just what I do.

For kiting a hero this is what I do: bomb turret to 8 stacks, precast keg and lightning rod, then pull the enemy and start putting dots on it. When it starts getting close cast the knockback grenade to stun it, then wrench whack it and gain distance, during the stun keg or rod can be cast again too. Then repeat like this, reapplying dots and the snare, and take advantage of the stun once the immunity has expired. Like this you can't avoid being hit at times though and even a small health potion, like the ones for 1 officer emblem can save you since this is essentially a HP race.
Thank you so much Zatoh,

I really appreciate you going to such effort explaining all that, I've learnt a ton from what you've said and will no doubt be referring to it for some time to come. The amount of info you have for a class that's not your main is excellent, I hope you mainly play order and I don't ever meet you as an Destro... lol

Its a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees put there, as far as guides go, and some seems to be from when the game was live.. of course many classes have changed somewhat since then.

Once again cheers mate and hope to see you in game one day... My Engineer "Traps" was born today 👍

All the best