Recent Topics

Ads

Next SW patch

Let's talk about... everything else
black1

Re: Next SW patch

Post#61 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:58 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:14 am
black1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 pm a rr45 rSW beats easy a rr 84 rSH in 1on1
Would like to see you on a RR 45 SW, fighting aginst Jurki, Teefz, Warhawk, Usels SH or such (not wanna fanboy :lol: )

You would die on you Mount buddy :P
not rly

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Post#62 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Just played in T1 for the first time since the SW buff. Who thought it was a good idea to make a high power dot stack 3 times that is dogshit in t4 due to getting cleansed but is totally unbalanced in a tier where theres no cleanse? Does whoever does balancing actually play the game?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#63 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:55 am

black1 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:58 pm
Likeaboss wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:14 am
black1 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:25 pm a rr45 rSW beats easy a rr 84 rSH in 1on1
Would like to see you on a RR 45 SW, fighting aginst Jurki, Teefz, Warhawk, Usels SH or such (not wanna fanboy :lol: )

You would die on you Mount buddy :P
not rly
you're a talker

Kaelang

Post#64 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:31 am

Grimfang wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:51 pm Just played in T1 for the first time since the SW buff. Who thought it was a good idea to make a high power dot stack 3 times that is dogshit in t4 due to getting cleansed but is totally unbalanced in a tier where theres no cleanse? Does whoever does balancing actually play the game?
T1 isn’t balanced - this isn’t news.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

seemsGood

Post#65 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:37 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:22 pm
UnspeakableOath wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:42 pm Maybe you should give proper feedback and do some proposals.
Many of us have tried. We’ve received no response from the devs or any positive change.

I think this kind of frustration is what naturally happens when the development process asks for feedback, doesn’t acknowledge it, doesn’t explain or give any insight to changes, and continues to act counter to feedback.
We've received feedback that has been good, bad, overpowered, underpowered, ruined the class, delete the class, devs are stupid/incompetent/spiteful etc. Clearly people don't know what to think, and the angery bois are always going to be the loudest. So when we see there's good feedback mixed in with the bad, it's a sign there might be some significant exaggeration on how dead a class is. Personally I can't stand feedback that is wildly over the top, so I mostly roll my eyes and scroll on past. Bait threads like this one are prime to get locked and the poster warned, but hey when you only have one post on the forums I guess you're not losing much to get your "feedback" out there.

Some of you have developed a reputation for being incessant trolls, so even if you might have some hint of a constructive thought, I'm not remotely interested. There's plenty of other people out there who can hold a conversation without devolving to hyperbolic fallacy and troll baiting.
With your nonchalant attitude and your "devs" obvious destruction bias, can you blame people for being "angery"? You're literally funneling everyone into the superiour faction, otherwise the game is just annoying to play. Have fun playing PvDoor for the rest of this games life when you scare people off from order. You've even called order players toxic and unorganized. So **** unprofessional.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#66 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:11 pm

seemsGood wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:37 pm
With your nonchalant attitude and your "devs" obvious destruction bias, can you blame people for being "angery"? You're literally funneling everyone into the superiour faction, otherwise the game is just annoying to play. Have fun playing PvDoor for the rest of this games life when you scare people off from order. You've even called order players toxic and unorganized. So **** unprofessional.
The lack of self awareness is astounding. You've taken time out of your day to post on the forums. Your first post is this? Really?

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=39230&p=428561#p428561

There you go, you're the guy pouring out the salt now. You're the toxic Order player. You're part of the reason you don't see more dev discussion on the forums with the playerbase. You don't have a character at rank 40 on this account, so it's not unlikely you've already been suspended or banned from the forums. I am shocked, truly, by your take that somehow devs are biased towards Destro. Provide evidence.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

istvar

Post#67 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:16 pm

UnspeakableOath wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:51 pm

Many of us have tried. We’ve received no response from the devs or any positive change.

I think this kind of frustration is what naturally happens when the development process asks for feedback, doesn’t acknowledge it, doesn’t explain or give any insight to changes, and continues to act counter to feedback.
We've received feedback that has been good, bad, overpowered, underpowered, ruined the class, delete the class, devs are stupid/incompetent/spiteful etc. Clearly people don't know what to think, and the angery bois are always going to be the loudest. So when we see there's good feedback mixed in with the bad, it's a sign there might be some significant exaggeration on how dead a class is. Personally I can't stand feedback that is wildly over the top, so I mostly roll my eyes and scroll on past. Bait threads like this one are prime to get locked and the poster warned, but hey when you only have one post on the forums I guess you're not losing much to get your "feedback" out there.

Some of you have developed a reputation for being incessant trolls, so even if you might have some hint of a constructive thought, I'm not remotely interested. There's plenty of other people out there who can hold a conversation without devolving to hyperbolic fallacy and troll baiting.
good thing it's not a job then and he doesn't have to be professional :P
like all criticism aside (and i have plenty myself), why is it so hard for people to realise this is not a professional business but rather some peoples playground??
there's no paying customers here, the devs of the server don't work for anyone, so why would you expect them to act "professional"??

samanoVI

Post#68 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:57 pm

istvar wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:16 pm

good thing it's not a job then and he doesn't have to be professional :P
like all criticism aside (and i have plenty myself), why is it so hard for people to realise this is not a professional business but rather some peoples playground??
there's no paying customers here, the devs of the server don't work for anyone, so why would you expect them to act "professional"??
I have been making that mistake myself recently. After seeing a lot of Wargrimnir's replies and how some of the in game Gms communicte with players, I realised I was confusing their professionalism with just being an organised group. It's a shame Wargrimnir and the other admins feel they need to be so terse and dismissive, even with good suggestions. I looks like the whole thing has made them bitter. Just ban the a**eholes swiftly and move on with a discussion, I don't get why the devs almost feel afraid to have an open discussion with us, so long as the nasties are removed from a discussion swiftly.

Maybe I haven't lurked around the forums long enough to gain a full understanding of the atmosphere on the forums, but I've certainly been doing a hell of a lot of reading of previous posts lately to catch up on things.

Ads
Stalkarn

Post#69 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:11 pm
The lack of self awareness is astounding. You've taken time out of your day to post on the forums. Your first post is this? Really?

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=39230&p=428561#p428561

There you go, you're the guy pouring out the salt now. You're the toxic Order player. You're part of the reason you don't see more dev discussion on the forums with the playerbase. You don't have a character at rank 40 on this account, so it's not unlikely you've already been suspended or banned from the forums. I am shocked, truly, by your take that somehow devs are biased towards Destro. Provide evidence.
This is utterly ironic. This is also a schoolbook example of psychological projection. I suggest you stop throwing **** on a great game and repelling players with your narcissistic comments. For your own good, stop answering and have someone else do the "Head GM" work. I know RoR is some basement project, but I bet it wont be so much fun when you have no one to fight in game.

CountTalabecland

Post#70 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:07 pm

The devs have left something that is a whine thread open for way too long imo, especially when the OP didn't even articulate an argument.

SW, relatively, was just patched. You're going to have to temper your expectation in thinking that they are going to overhaul an overhaul this fast. My guess is the patch didnt push the things that would make rSW competitive with other RDPS far enough, which means mSW or BW/Engi are still just better. Time/testing will tell.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.