Recent Topics

Ads

City Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
desizt

Re: City Contribution

Post#51 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:15 am

Well, my 2nd post explaining dying contribution loss and how the contribution mechanic works got removed, so I guess its up to everyone figure it out by themselves.

Just a hint: it's NOT random. It's directly affected by your party's performance, not your warband. Just as I wrote in the post before the last one, which is not removed yet...
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
Nameless

Post#52 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 am

Bringing more penalties for dying is just not logical at pvp game. It is contraproductive and could break the game.
Party contribution is quite visible result since everything is based up to 6ppl at one party, so gl to grp 4

P.s. your post is not deleted, it is on page 3. When I play solo heal I dont die got healing and resses and quite low contribution. When I switch dps I die more do some dmg (not great but some) and have much higher contrb and almost guarantee fort reservation
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

desizt

Post#53 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 am

Nameless wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 am Bringing more penalties for dying is just not logical at pvp game. It is contraproductive and could break the game.
Party contribution is quite visible result since everything is based up to 6ppl at one party, so gl to grp 4

P.s. your post is not deleted, it is on page 3. When I play solo heal I dont die got healing and resses and quite low contribution. When I switch dps I die more do some dmg (not great but some) and have much higher contrb and almost guarantee fort reservation
I meant the other post, which explains how the "death loses contribution" works after Hotspec asked about it.

tl;dr upon dying you use the contribution you built up in the engagement (just this specific fight) you were in and have to start building it up again
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Swizz717

Post#54 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:38 pm

desizt wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:57 am
Nameless wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 am Bringing more penalties for dying is just not logical at pvp game. It is contraproductive and could break the game.

I meant the other post, which explains how the "death loses contribution" works after Hotspec asked about it.

tl;dr upon dying you use the contribution you built up in the engagement (just this specific fight) you were in and have to start building it up again
That would actually explain alot if its true. (No offense but I tend to take everything with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.)

Would be nice to have a forum post from a dev explaining how contribution is calculated.

storm

Post#55 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:35 pm

As soon as you tell people how it is calculated, people will start theory crafting the fastest way to get it. Is just human nature. I'm glad you don't know :)

Swizz717

Post#56 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:03 pm

storm wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:35 pm As soon as you tell people how it is calculated, people will start theory crafting the fastest way to get it. Is just human nature. I'm glad you don't know :)
Sounds like something "someone who will never get top cont without it being random" would say ;)

storm

Post#57 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:12 pm

I don't think you have thoroughly thought through the consequences. If they tell you how it is calculated then everyone theory crafts meta for farming. The top geared people get all the loot and the rest get nothing. I'll take random and make sure everyone has a chance at best gear.

Tomaka

Post#58 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:45 pm

Imagine we say it's based on your own K/D and your group (6man) contribution.
The most efficient way is now not to die.
If you're a tank or a dps, do you still go hard on that backline healer to win the fight but die (-> no kill no contrib, + worst K/D), or you do try to get top damage on frontline targets and stay alive (-> win contrib + better k/d) ?
And healers, will they try to rez someone from another group and risk dying, or stay safe and make sure their own group is doing great? Plus running away if the fight looks bad to save their K/D ratio.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#59 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:07 am

after some more testing, i found exploits that benefit throwers.
it amplifies in pug vs premade. 1 side instance.
throwers leech minimum contribution. then go hide while others getting wiped.

in pug city, there's always ppl like me, keep fighting until the end.
and those who throw after first encounter.
and throwers always get top contribution.

maybe it's one of reason ppl queue solo city.
average 10 royals with throwing. quick and easy.

well, i do also play with contribution. staying in combat increases your contribution.
and death seems wiping it. so more and more you die, throwers get higher spot in contribution.

i'm tired watching throw preachers getting top contribution.
specially after my broken speech for pugs to fight against premade.
it's slap in the face for trying, telling me don't try just sit back.

i guess being non-meta is fault from first place.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

M0rw47h

Post#60 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 am

Like I've suggested in other thread(s) countless times, remove bags. Win or go home, more rewards for campaign.