Rvr analysis- AoR vs RoR, and problem of solo classes in RoR.

Let's talk about... everything else
tefnaht

Re: Rvr analysis- AoR vs RoR, and problem of solo classes in RoR.

Post#11 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:43 pm

Akalukz wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:13 pm Eventually, they will run out the solo players, they have already run out the competitive 6 man groups. Once the solo players are gone next will be the pugs... then that's it. Because everyone knows premade 6/12/18/24 don't want really fight other 6/12/18/24 premade. Otherwise, they would change the way the scenario querer works.
So, main dev idea is to provide as many premade vs pug fights as they can? It makes sense for me. And if it so... Good job!

If game only about wb play - option to enter in city q without full wb must not exist, for sc too, same for oRvR zones.

But some how they work around inc pop, only reason for realization twitch reward system, and without "pleasure for casuals" it's a waste of time, just more topics about unbalance, free reroll, etc.

Ads
Kobra
Suspended

Post#12 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm

Small scale combat and solo roaming is all I do. I hate the zerg mentality.

I'm an old school PVP player. These kids hiding in zergs wouldn't survive in Neocron, UO, Meridian or Shadowbane,

I sure wish they did more to encourage smaller scale engagements, but whatever. I still roam, I still gain gear and rr from it. So it is what it is.

Nosun

Post#13 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:47 pm

I can understand a solo players frustration but u are locked out of zero pvp rewards except i guess city if u wont do an instance type scenario to get your sov/warlord but something you should at least recognize is its a very small amount of people who want to play totally solo all the time and honestly the game is not even meant for that at all except for maybe wh/we ganking fun. Its an mmorpg are there any other ones other that catered to solo?

Sinisterror

Post#14 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm

Kobra wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:28 pm Small scale combat and solo roaming is all I do. I hate the zerg mentality.

I'm an old school PVP player. These kids hiding in zergs wouldn't survive in Neocron, UO, Meridian or Shadowbane,

I sure wish they did more to encourage smaller scale engagements, but whatever. I still roam, I still gain gear and rr from it. So it is what it is.
Mostly solo and under rank40 chars past 2 years. PvP is still good enough even though small changes that only boost solo does nothing to grp play should be done. If i do Scs solo i basically get potions and off spec gear and wpns but leveling and rr is lot less than rvr, also rewards because rvr inf + genesis/subju/vang/inv/war/sov. New Tier4 inf set gear is needed. Like pocket item + jewelry + belt + wpn and also + cloak. Rvr/sc gear set drops needs to be a thing. A new set for here as well that is combined with scenario drops and rvr drops, like 2xjewelry+wpn+belt+cloak. Copy pasteing existing set and items to another charachters would do the needed probably :D Like onslaught like set in power for sc/rvr drop set and more universal for new tier4 inf set. Like 2-pc 60 wounds 3pc 5% being hit chance to pilfer 150 health/on hit 3%chance to form 300 dmg abbsorb 4-pc 15% less crit dmg 5pc on hit 10 % chance 7% strikethru everything and on being hit chance increase 7 dodge&disrupt%parry. Good way to get universal gear that also takes care of the strikethru+avoidances so real gear sets can focus on real set bonuses=) . But solo/small scale roaming in lakes is stupidly hard and not rewarding in renown, inf, gear, anything. My main is/was rr 61 DpS dok been here since the beginning but still in 2x mercenary 3 domi 4 beastlords, not a huge problem but still cant do ranked scs.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:53 pm

Well supply delivery is a pretty boring mechanic. You have a few afk at flag while one or two crate donkeys just run back and forth while the rest of the zone is just wc ping pong. The only real fun left in game is scs. WARs campaign was always crap. Tiny lakes with very basic mechanics that encouraged zerging.

Its no surprise that they ripped out the best parts of the game, the art work and combat, and stuck it in a scenario arena game. Ditching the broken mess of a campaign. That game just came a couple of years too soon.

Vandoles

Post#16 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Nosun wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:47 pm I can understand a solo players frustration but u are locked out of zero pvp rewards except i guess city if u wont do an instance type scenario to get your sov/warlord but something you should at least recognize is its a very small amount of people who want to play totally solo all the time and honestly the game is not even meant for that at all except for maybe wh/we ganking fun. Its an mmorpg are there any other ones other that catered to solo?
Who says there's "a very small amount of people who want to play totally solo all the time"? Even online games that depend extremely heavily on the quality of your teammates (mobas, shooters) tend to have more solo players than group players. The ability to group with strangers instead of finding a team is a major aspect of modern design. Also don't forget solo play isn't necessarily being alone at all times, just pickup play + soloing. Virtually EVERY MMO ever caters to pickup play. From WoW onwards...
Grimfang wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:53 pm Well supply delivery is a pretty boring mechanic. You have a few afk at flag while one or two crate donkeys just run back and forth while the rest of the zone is just wc ping pong. The only real fun left in game is scs. WARs campaign was always crap. Tiny lakes with very basic mechanics that encouraged zerging.

Its no surprise that they ripped out the best parts of the game, the art work and combat, and stuck it in a scenario arena game. Ditching the broken mess of a campaign. That game just came a couple of years too soon.
I disagree, War had it spot on with the first iteration. It just needed tuning. The system basically fell apart when you needed to leave the action to grind a PQ or two - which was pointless. One thing people missed all the time was that t2/t3 rvr was the best. You don't need to reinvent the wheel....but this has nothing to do with the thread topic, so, yeh.

Nosun

Post#17 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:39 am

I just came back to this thread to say what I meant is ror is not meant for soloing/small scale. Yes 10 years ago with a bigger pop and more people running around zones and with different mechanics it was very much a big part of the game. I enjoyed it as well but ror is entirely focused around wb play. My main is a knight for this reason but the current class I'm playing the most now is a dps am I made mostly because of how great I remember them being on live but I don't ever expect solo to be incorporated into ror the devs just don't care about this playstyle the game is all about aoe damage in groups now.